Where folks heard about us

Started by Raesanos, December 19, 2006, 09:08:00 PM

As usual, Top Mud Sites, Mud Connector, and from a friend remain the most common places people said they heard about us.  Some new trends this year, though:

About 70 accounts mentioned the Wikipedia article.

About 40 accounts mentioned the relatively new site, rpimud.com

Yay Wikipedia!
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Myself was a friend who suggested it. Been hooked-on-arm ever since.

I was fiddling around on Imperian when I said I wanted more roleplay.  Someone pointed me here.  I don't play Imperian anymore.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Got sick of Dragonrealms, searched the mud connector for something with role play required and permadeath.

Found it.

Roommate started playing and I just started bothering her to see what she was doing. She told me about all sorts of fun adventures. I blame her.

She said she found it by googling something like "mud +pvp +permadeath."
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I was wandering in the university lab, sad and head dipped. I saw Garee and Koala playing a strange game there. I said "Hi, what are you playing?" And then, you know...

I got bored of a lame H&S MUD named Greystone. Then I found Armageddon in TopMUDSites. To confess, I kept on playing Greystone for half a year more, till I wrote a script that plays on her own. (Don't know how some immortal didn't realize it and ban me.)
Then I realized if I'm to play a game, I should play something a bot can't perform. So I started playing Armageddon.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Then Cenghiz got all of us Turkish players into arm.

Seriously.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Vessol"Myself was a friend who suggested it. Been hooked-on-arm ever since.

I hooked you so bad now it's like a drug.

Mordaga, my brother, got me into it.  The bastard.

A fellow staffer from another mud pointed me to Arm. Then we eloped here.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Was playing Threshold, bleh, and searching TMS for a better game. I found it.  :wink:

That being said... I'll provide our handy dandy voting links here!! Haha! Shameless voting plug!  :twisted:

Top Mud Sites
The Mud Connector
RPIMUD
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

I had been mudding a bit here and there, never more than a week or two on the same mud. They all sucked and I thought I'd try something different, so I googled for "roleplaying muds". After filtering through a large amount of sex-muds I found rpimud.com.  I first tried SoI for a week but the Tolkien theme just wasn't me. I tried Armageddon instead and lived happily ever after.
b]YB <3[/b]

Adminned on SoI, Traithe kept mentioning "big bug world."

And I succumbed to the game he competed with for so long. <g>

I can't really remember how I discovered Arm, but it could have been from reading someone's 'finger notes' on www.chessclub.com - anyone else find out about Arm from an online chess club?  8)

I googled darksun some 10 years ago and found Arm.  Tried it
then, but never really got into it (ie. char longer lived than 2 hrs)
until about 3-4 years ago.

It's all about ISCA
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Wow, I can't believe ISCA BBS is still around.. That's also where I found out about Armageddon like a gazillion years ago..

I remember dialing up from what was back then the height of technology, a BBS where you could communicate with up to 8 people at the same time on my 1200 bauds modem!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

ISCA is still around, even though bbs.isca.uiowa.edu is dead.  (and died a week ago)

the new address is bbs.iscabbs.com
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Wondered around several "RP required" MUDs and several H&S ones after a friend introduced me to MUDing in High School.  I went looking for "RP enforced" and ran across Arm on The MUD Connector.  Was intrigued by "perma-death".  Made an account.  Apped a Human Assassin.  Started in Red Storm.  Soon met the Mantis Head.

Hooked.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

My Brother got me into it. Strange enough, I got him into mudding. He was the Fourth Kankman
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Google. Searching for Role play and Mud after realizing that muds sucked and mushes sucked but mush+muds would rock.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I first saw ARM in a DMT induced vision.

I was stunned to find it was real.
your mother is an elf.

Heh, Chiming in because...well, just because.

Back in '90' I was playing Epic mud...My second actually. It went down, I think Late 1990, I looked for another and found Perilous Realms in '91'. Actually a pretty good H&S at the time.  Some time in early '92' I believe somebody (not going to say who) Gossiped basicly an add for Arm. I copied the address down for the hell of it. Shortly after PR changed its world/format/classes etc...it blew. So I quit, and Started trying new muds, I happened to have the arm address and so, I made a Half-giant stone cleric. No perma death yet or many other things, and the server was horribly slow and it was rare to see more then 4 people on the who list, and you could actually tell when somebody else logged in because the game would get laggier and laggier, nearly unplayable with 8 people on. But I loved the level-less system and the spell system, So, I stayed anyway.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I was playing one of those online fleet-game things called Ogame.org, and some Alliance was based around ARM. Their alliance page was on the forums, I think, Lol.

Well, one thing led to another and I began to click around.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

My first MUD was Medievia, the land where ">say I have 6d6 dagger dont worry" was possible. I actually liked it until I realized how braindead everyone else was, so I searched for a game with some RP. While browsing through MudConnector and TMS, I experimented with various MUDs, going to some game called Materia Magica (where it was RP-required but no one did it anyway), then to Imperian (it was okay until I realized how great of an advantage people had with credits bought with real money). I experimented with MOOs like Sindome and then I played briefly at SOI. I finally found this lovely place.
ow Armageddon will end:
> Tektolnes does unspeakable damage to Zalanthas' head with his bludgeon.
> Zalanthas crumples to the ground.

Hm, I can't remember too well, but I'm pretty sure I found it on Top Mud Sites after getting bored of the countless Hack 'N' Slashes I played because of the repetitiveness of it. Though I'd heard of roleplaying, I wasn't too familiar with it and didn't know what to expect.

Quote from: "Son of a Gortok"I experimented with MOOs like Sindome and then I played briefly at SOI.

Used to play Sindome myself ... Though I left not too long ago.

I found Arm through ISCA BBS too, over 10 years ago.
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo

National Capital Freenet.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you