Where folks heard about us

Started by Raesanos, December 19, 2006, 09:08:00 PM

I first saw ARM in a DMT induced vision.

I was stunned to find it was real.
your mother is an elf.

Heh, Chiming in because...well, just because.

Back in '90' I was playing Epic mud...My second actually. It went down, I think Late 1990, I looked for another and found Perilous Realms in '91'. Actually a pretty good H&S at the time.  Some time in early '92' I believe somebody (not going to say who) Gossiped basicly an add for Arm. I copied the address down for the hell of it. Shortly after PR changed its world/format/classes etc...it blew. So I quit, and Started trying new muds, I happened to have the arm address and so, I made a Half-giant stone cleric. No perma death yet or many other things, and the server was horribly slow and it was rare to see more then 4 people on the who list, and you could actually tell when somebody else logged in because the game would get laggier and laggier, nearly unplayable with 8 people on. But I loved the level-less system and the spell system, So, I stayed anyway.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I was playing one of those online fleet-game things called Ogame.org, and some Alliance was based around ARM. Their alliance page was on the forums, I think, Lol.

Well, one thing led to another and I began to click around.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

My first MUD was Medievia, the land where ">say I have 6d6 dagger dont worry" was possible. I actually liked it until I realized how braindead everyone else was, so I searched for a game with some RP. While browsing through MudConnector and TMS, I experimented with various MUDs, going to some game called Materia Magica (where it was RP-required but no one did it anyway), then to Imperian (it was okay until I realized how great of an advantage people had with credits bought with real money). I experimented with MOOs like Sindome and then I played briefly at SOI. I finally found this lovely place.
ow Armageddon will end:
> Tektolnes does unspeakable damage to Zalanthas' head with his bludgeon.
> Zalanthas crumples to the ground.

Hm, I can't remember too well, but I'm pretty sure I found it on Top Mud Sites after getting bored of the countless Hack 'N' Slashes I played because of the repetitiveness of it. Though I'd heard of roleplaying, I wasn't too familiar with it and didn't know what to expect.

Quote from: "Son of a Gortok"I experimented with MOOs like Sindome and then I played briefly at SOI.

Used to play Sindome myself ... Though I left not too long ago.

I found Arm through ISCA BBS too, over 10 years ago.
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo

National Capital Freenet.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you