Recognize command

Started by Nightstring, November 17, 2006, 08:04:11 PM

IMO that shouldn't work anyways. if you have a problem with it then do what you should do IRL tell them you can't tell who said that and ask that they lower their hoods
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

That's not really realistic. Because even if their faced are covered, in most cases, you 'do' know who says what.

Currently, it came to a point where two gangs meat, all hooded, and instead of fighting each other, everyone begin kicking the shit out of some specific hood, the enemies AND allies alike. That's especially common in the rinth, since they got those identical cloaks.

I'd like to see somthing like
Name man amos and get...

(amos) The over-used toy-man

Why not? Its a game, everyone tends to use odd names, and i dont remember PC names, nor care too, while in RL, once given a name, we tend to remember them, unless we meet them once and then never again, or whatever.

Quote from: "cyberpatrol_735"
Quote from: "Moofassa"
Quote from: "Bebop"
Quote from: "Bogre"
Quote from: "UnderSeven"I have always been against this idea for armageddon.  I don't like the code dictating for me certain things, like memory.  If you wanna memorize things, write it down.

/agree

Seconded.

Twelvededth.

Edited to add: I want Armageddon to remain Roleplay-Enforced, not Code-Enforced Roleplay-Enforced, or Codeplay-Enforced.

QFT

*highfive*

Quote from: "HoD"I'd like to see somthing like
Name man amos and get...

(amos) The over-used toy-man

Why not? Its a game, everyone tends to use odd names, and i dont remember PC names, nor care too, while in RL, once given a name, we tend to remember them, unless we meet them once and then never again, or whatever.

use a client that does that.

mushclient has a free trial, can be programmed to do this, and costs 20 bucks for the full version.

I use the alias command for that.  And when I forget who it was, I just type, "alias" and it pulls up:

Jonny the man with eyes on fire
Max the dessert-flavoured man
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one