One Size Fits All

Started by Saitorr, October 23, 2006, 11:55:52 PM

How 'bout a one size fits all?

I just don't understand how this:
A plain sandcloth bandana is too large for you to wear.
A plain sandcloth bandana looks like it will require tailoring to fit you.

can happen.

Unless it's a parachute...   hmm...  parachutes...

Same thing for patches, pins, epaulettes, etc. How can they be too big/too small for you?

Quote from: "Saitorr"How 'bout a one size fits all?
I agree.
hang is actually...

I would also like to be able to see how big items in shops are, not just that they're too big (or small). Ever tried buying a piece of armor only to find out it was a HG's old piece and it cost more to get re-sized than it cost to buy?
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Hymwen"I would also like to be able to see how big items in shops are, not just that they're too big (or small). Ever tried buying a piece of armor only to find out it was a HG's old piece and it cost more to get re-sized than it cost to buy?

If I'm reading this right, view <whatever> should work.  "view #12", or "view leggings" for example.

It should, but if I'm not mistakened, it only shows that it's too big/small for you, not -how- too big/small it is for you.

Quote from: "Saitorr"
Quote from: "Hymwen"I would also like to be able to see how big items in shops are, not just that they're too big (or small). Ever tried buying a piece of armor only to find out it was a HG's old piece and it cost more to get re-sized than it cost to buy?

If I'm reading this right, view <whatever> should work.  "view #12", or "view leggings" for example.

No, I mean instead of:
>view #12
This is a pair of pants!
They are too large for you to wear.

I want something like:
>view #12
This is a pair of pants!
They are slightly larger/larger/quite a bit larger/more than twice your size.
This could basically work like the size system used for assessing people.
b]YB <3[/b]

It used to be like this. You used to be able to tell by viewing an item whether it was too big or too small for your character. I don't know why it changed.

EDIT: Ahhh.. I thought it no longer told you whether an item was too big or too small for your character anymore. But that's a good idea anyways, Hymwen. Dunno how hard it would be to code, though.

I think the main reason things like bandanas aren't currently one size fits all, are for the anomalies known as half-giants. Even dwarven heads compared to human heads would be surprisingly more girthy.

If a human were to wear a bandana that could fit a half-giant, it would be more like a tube-top..

*shrug* I do however agree that items like that should be more adjustable.
your mother is an elf.

Maybe you were trying to use it as a zalanthan condom.

Wear bandana cock

The sandcloth bandana is to large for you to wear.

think Damn you cruel world! Damn you!!!!!
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I came across a scarf in the game that was too small for my human PC to wear, and I typoed it.  Too large I can understand, but too small?  I seriously doubted it was made by a halfling.   :D
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Agreed, certain items should be universal in size, like jewelry is. Scarfs, bandanas, patches, and other minor trinkets make sense.
Amor Fati

Anklewraps tend to be the same way, they never fit and it costs more than the wrap to get them sized.

Bumping this thread...

This seems ridiculous at times.

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Cuusardo on October 24, 2006, 12:26:34 PM
I came across a scarf in the game that was too small for my human PC to wear, and I typoed it.  Too large I can understand, but too small?  I seriously doubted it was made by a halfling.   :D

Perhaps it belonged to a whore that used two tied together with string instead of a shirt?
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

I think things that are too small cost significantly more to resize than things that are too big.

Bumping a two year old thread seems ridiculous at times.

Quote from: manonfire on September 05, 2008, 06:49:17 PM

Not when the OP's point is as good as this....

We're conspiring to make it look like Saitorr still posts.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on September 06, 2008, 01:15:09 AM

We're conspiring to make it look like Saitorr still posts.

How dare you reaveal my plan, Fathi!
:D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Saitorr is a jerk.

Look at him:
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

[00:35] * mansa  has joined #armageddonmud
[00:35] * ChanServ sets mode +o mansa for #armageddonmud
[00:35] * mansa is now known as drunkmansa
[00:35] <@drunkmansa> ooooo

I'm sure glad we have the non-Armageddon forum.

Oh, wait, this is Code Discussion.  Back on topic, then.

Yes, I remember a scarf object that was almost comically annoying.  It was too large, and it cost as much or more to tailor it than the item cost.  In fact, I don't think I've ever found an item that cost more to tailor than that scarf.  I hope I bugged it, because I know it was probably more of a bug than a design choice.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon