Arm Promo?

Started by jmordetsky, September 13, 2006, 06:45:54 PM

Advertising and a completely new website. Think old Slashdot/new Slashdot. They had a similar challenge, i.e. tons of information that needed new, very user friendly templates to live in. It woud be a formidable project. Need a few people with a lot of free time for that one.

And as Mansa said, a default prompt lol.  :lol:

Edit: Oh, and that landing page people hit from the MUD sites is (no offense) terrible. That page is what either captures or loses potential new players from those venues. That should be designed, have art, simple powerful callouts about the game's features. Visual jugular grabbing.
Amor Fati

While I don't think the website is horrible, I do think it could stand some upgrades. Especially, as noted, in the information structure. And snazzy graphics and interface would be nice too.

I myself have RL corporate marketing and web design experience and would be willing to donate time as part of a skilled team if a revamp was desired. I'm sure that there are other professionals who'd be willing to do the same.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: "Gimfalisette"While I don't think the website is horrible, I do think it could stand some upgrades. Especially, as noted, in the information structure. And snazzy graphics and interface would be nice too.

I myself have RL corporate marketing and web design experience and would be willing to donate time as part of a skilled team if a revamp was desired. I'm sure that there are other professionals who'd be willing to do the same.

I'll also donate some time.  If only there was a "promotional" subthread that we could join or something....
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I'll help out as well.  I've given the idea of an introduction to armageddon site thought many times.

Hey, I'm currently going to school for Interactive Media Design...web design but with an artistic bent.  I'd be glad to help, but think, for the type of upgrades that I'd want/suggest, that I'll need more education first.  :oops:
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I wonder if we could do a 'DEMO SESSION' of the roleplay in Armageddon using flash.  I think I may look into that tonight.

Like, if you had a movie camera videotaping your screen as you played, with the delay and the text scrolling up the screen and other such stuff.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

that just sounds so sad.

"BEHOLD! a video of white text scrolling on a black background! YAY."

Now, if you're talking about an interactive demo for training purposes, that's a damn good idea. But as a promotional tool, I don't think it will really grab someone's attention.

Quote from: "jmordetsky"
3) Hook up with a popular fantasy writer and get him to package the CD with the client up with his book.

Sanvean's working on it! =D
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

Djarjak:

How can we join this armageddon promo subthread?

Quote from: "mansa"Djarjak:

Also wondering.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Various things we've tried:
Advertisting on various mud sites
Writing articles about games or gaming
Advertising on MetaFilter
Advertising in print mud listings
The Armageddon blog
Staff blogs
Business cards

Various things we're trying:
Armageddon MUD Myspace
Armageddon book (right now this is waiting for the graphics deisgn person to have a chunk of free time)
Advertisting in the next issue of Talebones, since I have a story in there.
There is a website revamp in the works, and you have seen pieces of it going in with such things as the Weekly Archive link on the front page, the Request Tool, automatic updating when staff members change clans, etc.
Post cards

Various things I think would be fun to try:
Arm promo videos up on YouTube - surely there's some animators out there.  A Baobab the Kank video would rock.
An Armageddon specific client
A CD of Armageddon theme music written by our players/staff
More books
Temporary tattoos of the Armageddon logo

will it be myspace.com/ArmageddonMUD or Armageddon_MUD

I perfer the first one.

A myspace account is a very good idea.

Have you considered a deviant art account? Perhaps to display some of the fine art works contributed to Arm (with the artists permission of course). There are -a lot- of Rp'ers on Dev. Art.

Also, for what it's worth, according to my meagre calculations, people who reply to the "where did you hear about us" seem to include the following sources, not necessarily in order of popularity, but probably close:

Personal Reference   
The Mud Connector
Top Mud Sites
RPIMud   
Mud Connect
mud-dev FAQ   
zmud
The Mud Journal
google   
yahoo
aol search
other search   
other list   
other board
livejournal
magazine
mud resource
telnet BBSes
mud ranger
other muds
Dragon Con
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

"S
     T
     F
     U"

Quote from: "mansa"Djarjak:

mail me, cc mud. Don't forget your GDB account name.

"S
     T
     F
     U"

What I want to know, is where have all the advertising posters gone?

It's been way too long since I've been in artistic design scene for me to make something of my own, but I'd love to get some printed up and posted in some local gaming stores, and a few colleges and such around town.
21sters Unite!