Can you play magickers?

Started by marko, July 05, 2006, 08:19:47 AM

Do You Have the Karma to Play a Magicker?

Yes
90 (71.4%)
No
36 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: July 05, 2006, 08:19:47 AM

I'm doing an informal and non-scientific poll to check if people have the option of playing magickers.  It doesn't matter if you are or not - just if you can.

I'm not. But I don't get the purpose of this poll, why do you need to know?
b]YB <3[/b]

So we can hunt you down and whack you with a stick.

I think this is a poll aiming to calculate how much of the player base have high karma.  (By high, I mean, high enough to play a magicker.. Since they are insanely powerful).
some of my posts are serious stuff

The first 2 karma come pretty quickly, I would not rate 2 as 'high karma'. I'd assume that the majority of the playerbase have that much.

Quote from: "Akaramu"The first 2 karma come pretty quickly, I would not rate 2 as 'high karma'. I'd assume that the majority of the active playerbase have that much.

I have the karma to play them, however, I find them terribly borring.  So, I don't play them.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I have the options... but most of my concepts are for mundanes.

I've always been meaning to try out another magicker eventually.

I mostly only play mul psionists.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I have the karma for it, but don't have any plans to try one until I grab a few more points and can try one of the more interesting-looking ones.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I have the karma, and I lurve it.  We have an excellent magick system on this game.

But the poll doesn't take into account different magicker karma levels.

I don't know. Do they send you an e-mail if you are given karma? I haven't gotten one, so I have to assume I'm still "just normal." That's fine by me though, this is a lot of fun playing Arm :) :) :)
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Yep.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

The first two karma is pretty easy to get..

1) Use Think.
2) Use Emote.
3) Use Common Sense.
4) Don't be a cheat and/or a twink.

You may or may not get an email, sometime they will tell you that they
really enjoyed a scene you've been part of, other times you'll see if
you have karma once your character is dead and you create another one.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I do have the karma, but I don't like playing an outcast, and I don't like solo rping all that much.  So, my next magicker, if ever I make one, would have to be a d-elf (and d-elf clans are sadly usually fairly empty of players), or some sort of tribal (I'm not too sure what magicker friendly clans are out there).  Otherwise, never again.

I have the karma for it, I likely will not play one but for my exit trip from Arm.

Hot Dancer
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: "Bebop"But the poll doesn't take into account different magicker karma levels.

The thread would be more of a "Do you have karma?" or "How much karma do you have?", if it had that sort of poll. Those threads and polls were something I found very degrading after my first year, while having 0 karma when others, whom obviously have not been around as long as I have, got a couple pieces of it.

As for playing magicker roles... Yes, I have the priviledge to play them. The roles become more interesting as character becomes a bit stronger and learn a few spells, but at the beginning they seem to be a real drag.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Never used or had karma. But hey, I haven't even been a dwarf yet. Or a half-elf. Or a merchant, burglar, soldier, guard, smith, whore, aide, baker, hairdresser, midget or a madman.

And i can be all of those for free. WHAT A GAME!

I plan on playing one as soon as my characters don't see as many gemmed as non-gemmed.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

So...as soon as the ungemmed outnumber the gemmed, you'll play one?

Me, I have the karma and I love them.  I play as many magickers as I play non-magickers.  I tend to play un-gemmed, but have played gemmed.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I used to only play mundanes even after gaining a few magicker options. I tried a couple...didn't care for them and went back to mainly mundanes again. Then, when I couldn't think of a new and interesting mundane concept, I decided to have another go at a magicker. That one took off, I got involved in some things and had alot of fun with it. The magick system is incredible, but playing a magicker isn't necessarily for -anyone- and you definitely need to have a concept that will make it interesting.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I have the karma for it.

I've only ever played one magicker, though, and that was a special app about a year ago (when I didn't have the karma). However, because it was my first magicker, I followed the recommended way of becoming a gemmed magicker.

I found that incredibly boring, so haven't made a magicker since.

I plan on making another magicker in the near future, but like was pointed out, I think I'd feel like I'm doing injustice to the system with the amount of magickers already running around (I myself haven't seen many, but this is from what others have said). I'll most likely check with the imms about how many there are before creating another one.

And as for the magick system, holy crap it's insane! Even with my gemmer, it was insanely fun just casting spella, and seeing what came next as I got better and better.

Magickers are teh rulez.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Gemmed (or ungemmed for that matter) magickers can be boring?  What about a hunter?  For both, you have to go do what you do again and again to get better.  The role is only as boring as you make it.

Yes, this is a slight derail, but I felt the need to say it after people's complaints about playing magickers.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"Gemmed (or ungemmed for that matter) magickers can be boring?  What about a hunter?  For both, you have to go do what you do again and again to get better.  The role is only as boring as you make it.

Yes, this is a slight derail, but I felt the need to say it after people's complaints about playing magickers.

I just meant that one gemmer I played. Found it boring. It's no big deal, just the magicker concepts I'd like to try revolve around not being gemmed.

Gemmers can indeed be interesting to play, but I couldn't find anything interesting about that particular character to enhance my fun. It's just like any character that's not fun anymore. It's why we have the store option.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

That I can agree with.  It's not the fact that the character was a magicker and gemmed...it was the character.  Just like any other role...it's not the fact that I was playing a half-elf or ranger...it was the character.