Can you play magickers?

Started by marko, July 05, 2006, 08:19:47 AM

Do You Have the Karma to Play a Magicker?

Yes
90 (71.4%)
No
36 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: July 05, 2006, 08:19:47 AM

The purpose of the question was to satiate my curiousity.

Thanks to all for answering.

I don't have the karma for the specific types of magicker I have concepts thought up for. So I generally play mundanes.

I must suck at this game. I hear about how easy it is too get the karma for a magicker, and I still don't have it.

Oh well. I can always kill magickers instead of playing them.  :twisted:
And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."

I don't think it's easy.  Just work on it - turn on your review flag and maybe even mail the staff and tell them you're looking for your first point and to watch your play (please).

Good luck!
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Magickers can be boring as hell, no doubt about that, but if played right
and with the right role they can rock.  Just about anything can be boring
as hell, really.

- Ktavialt likes him some magicker, but tries not to play two in a row.

To those that, which if I am correct are still fairly new, said something about not being able to...not having karma...saying they suck or whatnot:

Turn on review.
Join a clan.

Those are two things that will help you.  First, staff will make an attempt to watch you more often if you have review on, and second, a couple to few staff will be guaranteed to be watching you more often if you are in a clan.

Regarding review, even if they send you a review but don't give karma, what they tell you in the review will be suggestions for improving your play, which could quite possibly increase your chances of gaining karma in the future, simply because you know what you should improve on to get that karma.

Regarding joining a clan, well, that's pretty simple.  It's just a given that as a clanned character that your clan Staff will be watching what you're doing more often.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Oh, yeah, these are NOT guaranteed ways...just ways that will get you feedback and increase staff watch time, which increase chances (though never to 100%).
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yes, I do.  And as I've said before, I am surprised by the roleplay of most magickers.