Pathetic.

Started by Jakahri, June 25, 2006, 04:33:00 PM

Quote from: "moab"I would hate to see a "radier" subguild because that means someone without the subguild is pooched.  Then again, I'm anti-class (no class?) anyway.
...while I am all for more code and classes and selections and classless too and...

Anyway, try a few different methods. There's actually a lot of them.

None of them are as tight as the 'threaten' skill, but... :)
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "Xygax"please don't try to impose OOC "rules" on raiding and being raided

Alright. What is the consensus, though? How do I avoid being labeled a "twink" if I happen upon a raider?

It sounds like the only thing people will find satisfactory is for the character to stand still, to either fight or surrender. Escape attempts aren't acceptable. Is this true?

No.

Emote first.
Then act.

Or intereact on some level.

- that's my preference - but several imm posts have made it clear that this is not expected of you and you are free to stand up and flee if a stranger walks into the room.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

I personally don't care what you do if a raider happens upon you.  Believe me, if a skill raiders wants to have your stuff, they'll have it.  If they don't get it from you the first time they find you at their mercy, they'll probably get it next time, and you'll probably be dead when they're plucking it off you.

Me feeling on the matter is this:  I'd like to see raiders and victims alike try to give each other a chance to RP on their first encounter (to some degree there is more burden here placed on the raider/mugger in my mind, because they are likely more prepared and  have "the drop" on their victim).  This means using guard and subdue if necessary (again, there are other options and tools).  I personally won't think either of you are twinks if you resort to coded actions immediately -- the code is the way it is because we are satisfied that it represents a good array of choices for both attacker and victim (though we reserve the right to continue tweaking ;)

What I DON'T want to see is a consistent history of raiders/muggers killing everyone unfortunate enough to stumble across their path without ANY chance for RP at all.  As I said, more of the burden here falls on them, and that makes the situation harder, but it can still be very fun and exciting.

Here's the deal, though:  if you don't give that raider any chance to interact on that first meeting, then you should probably expect to be dead on the next meeting.  They can easily ICly assume that you will continue to be twitchy and slippery in future encounters and so should be dealt with more aggressively, and I fully support that.

-- X

Quote from: "Anonymous kank with wings"
Quote from: "Xygax"please don't try to impose OOC "rules" on raiding and being raided

Alright. What is the consensus, though? How do I avoid being labeled a "twink" if I happen upon a raider?

It sounds like the only thing people will find satisfactory is for the character to stand still, to either fight or surrender. Escape attempts aren't acceptable. Is this true?

Flesh out the scene as best as your ability and circumstances allow, but first and foremost, do what is appropriate for your character.

[edit[ Gah, Xygax beat me to it with a more eloquent answer. What he said.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]