The Future of Northern Nobility

Started by Tlaloc, May 28, 2006, 03:30:23 AM

Quote from: "A Chosen Lady"So, when are the players and PCs that are active nobles right now going to get more information about this?

Just so it doesn't get overlooked because of my post.

If this turns out as awesome as it sounds, will it eventually be in place in the south also?
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Without giving anything away, this project will make the northern nobility more distinct and different from the south, so no - this project will not be implemented in Allanak, as well.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

Probably for the best. Can you imagine how much it would suck playing a Jal noble?

At your table, the pale, thin-nosed man drones on, in sirihish:
       "Now, you may be interested to note that the characteristics of smelling salts and cleaning salts are actually rather similar. Of course, that all depends on where they're harvested from..."
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"Can you imagine how much it would suck playing a Jal noble?

:lol: Fortunately we won't be seeing any Jal nobles for the moment, because that's an Allanak noble house.  I do kind of like the idea of looking after sewage though...

That was Cale's point. Having all the Houses open in the north, where there's no fixed "tier" system, and all the Houses have a bit more to do than mop sewage, would be better than having them all open in Allanak.

Still, having Jals and Saths around for the other nobles to make fun of would be great...

I think some of it has already been worked on.

Yes, but they haven't taken applications for new northern nobles yet.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

The future of northern nobility is groveling for their lives at the boots of their Allanaki superiors.  Muahaha...

Actually, I loved this concept... but I think these things take time.  I'm waiting for the big post in Staff Announcements.  Patience, young silt-hopper.   :twisted:

http://www.armageddon.org/general/updates/view.php

Today: "Five Northlands estates, thanks to the collective efforts of many Staff -- Tlaloc."

WOOT! That means this thing is getting closer. *excitement*
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: "Gimfalisette"http://www.armageddon.org/general/updates/view.php

Today: "Five Northlands estates, thanks to the collective efforts of many Staff -- Tlaloc."

Uhhhh...no?
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: "LauraMars"
Quote from: "Gimfalisette"http://www.armageddon.org/general/updates/view.php

Uhhhh...no?

It's -not- coming closer?  Or, are you not excited?  LauraMars confuses me.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

IT IS! IT IS COMING CLOSER!

YAAAAAAAY!

Yes! 250% more beds for my burglar to steal!

It was neat to see that line in the weekly update.   I wonder if that means it's close to forming like Voltron?
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

10/07/2006: Helpfiles for Houses Dasari, Kassigarh, Lyksae, Negean, Tenneshi, and Uaptal -- Tlaloc
10/07/2006: 52 Northlands Noble NPCs -- Tlaloc

It's getting closer!
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

YES. THANK YOU. *hugs* and *kudos* to all the northern staff, I know you guys have worked hard and long at this!

I, for one, am EXTREMELY excited about this implementation and believe it will bring awesome and necessary things to Tuluk! Rock on!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HAVE MY CHILDREN

P.s. Fantastic new docs by Aernis and Company.

I won't take credit for the docs - all I did was compile what was already done and put it together.

The other immortals (and players) who came up with the docs and other necessary thingies in the first place did an incredible job.  I merely had the honor and privilege of bring them together.

I am very excited about the Northern Houses as are all those who were and are involved in this process.

Quote from: "LauraMars"WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HAVE MY CHILDREN

This is true sig material.

AYAYAYAYA!!111 NOBLIES!111ELEVEN112.
I'll be the first noble to have a moustache.

Quote from: "Aernis"I won't take credit for the docs - all I did was compile what was already done and put it together.

The other immortals (and players) who came up with the docs and other necessary thingies in the first place did an incredible job.  I merely had the honor and privilege of bring them together.

I am very excited about the Northern Houses as are all those who were and are involved in this process.

As I posted on the weekly update, Many People helped shape the construction of the Northern Noble House documentation. From my perspective, it was really cool to watch the evolution of the documentation, from the initial concepts/ideas/groundwork laid out by players, to the signifigant amount of work it took to get each House 'just right'.

This project has expanded from the intial "Lets go bare bones" ideas to create five new houses, and each House developed further at each stage of production. I'm very pleased to say that the final output were five, well developed clans, each with detailed, unique, and interesting cultures and quirks, all of which leave open a bevvy of potential character concepts, ideas,  plot hooks, and twists. At the same time, each House has a lot of room, still, to grow, and PCs who are a part of the new (and old) Houses will be in a position to help shape the clans themselves.

Included (but not limited to) in the people involved in the process are:

Lorain
Aldeil
Amoeba
Delirium
Jstorrie
Vanth
Eniriah
Adhira
Djarjak
Aernis

Great job to everyone, and big thanks for all who assisted in the production of this project.

There's far more in store for the Northlands...but you'll have to find out IC for the rest. ;)
Tlaloc
Legend

I'd also like to seperately thank

LauraMars
John
amoeba
spawnloser
davien
5DMW
HaiWolfe
Anael

for submitting NPCs,
and

Delirium
LauraMars
John
Anael
T7DV

for submitting tattoos.

If we've forgotten to give anyone credit, let us know.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!