About the Staff

Started by Only He Stands There, March 17, 2006, 03:22:47 AM

I was originally going to post this anonymously so that I wouldn't get accusations of brown-nosing, but I really don't care.

I'd like to take a quick moment to thank the staff. Yes, it's one of those threads; I can hear players groaning already. Stop reading, then.

The staff here absolutely kicks ass. I've literally been to every RPI, pseudo-RPI, and RPI-work-in-progress there are, and even been an admin for two solid years on one of the three main RPIs out there. I honestly, wholeheartedly, 100% believe that Armageddon's staff is the best out there.

I realize how much free time and effort goes into Armageddon, and for the staff to have done so for so long now (Arm has been up for what? 10 years now?) without becoming cynical and jaded is damn astonishing. I know some of the admins here have been here, what, 5+ years? Longer?

Unlike most other RPIs, which work in spurts of progress, Armageddon is constantly getting updates: new code, new rooms, new crafts, hardware upgrades, software upgrades, et cetera. The staff are also helpful and insightful and maintain the oh-so-fine balance between humor/sarcasm and scathing humor/sarcasm.

And, amazingly enough, I've never waited longer than two weeks for a reply to no-priority mail, and never longer than three days for a mid-priority mail. My wishes are always answered virtually immediately.

It can't be said enough: thanks. You guys rock.

Yes. Power is sexy, and they wield unimaginable power.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Yay 4 staff!
Staff r best!
(looks over to Only He Stands There and whispers) Do I get my four karma now or what?

But yeah seriously good work, I like arm, despite it's lack of color.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

It's about time we had another thread like this.  These threads are good.

The staff is really extremely excellent and great, every single one of them.  In all my days here, I still can't really think of a single negative experience I've had with the staff, and that's something.

So if I ever look unappreciative to you staffers, please remember that I do appreciate you.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I have played many different MUDs and the staff plays an absolute HUGE role in keeping the MUD playable and fun. This has by far the best staff I have ever seen. RPT's blow my mind, brilliant ideas.

Thanks to the staff.

While I can't say I have had no negative experiences, I can say that I have had primarily positive ones.  All of the negative comes from one source, and I simply do what I can to avoid associating with that source.  I'm not in any way saying that this staffer is a bad person, or anything of the sort, I'm just saying they're not all peaches and cream.

But even with a single peach pit inside the dessert, it's still daaaaamn tasty.

And realistically, I guess, you could look at it from a master's mark situation.  One *perfect* flaw in an immaculate work, a *perfect* flaw that was placed there almost as if to thumb the nose at 'perfection.'
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

My current clan IMMs rock my world!

And eat my brainz.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Mine Imm says "no" a lot. I like 'em. They make my dandies dandy.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I've met a lot of the Armageddon Immortals in Real Life.

Guess What?

They are normal people.  None of them had three arms.  None of them smelt really bad.  Some of them even had breasts.  Some of them play the diggeredo.

They just work hard.  

Thanks for working hard and doing an excellent job.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I don't think that giving someone a compliment should be considered sucking up provided that the praise has been earned, the intent is sincere and that one is not attempting to get something out of it.

That being said, the game seems like it has been very well-run lately.  The game is populated with interesting characters, the playerbase is swelling to a size larger than average, the staff has increased amounts of contact with players, and clever new additions to the code-base seem like they're popping up all the time.  

Oh yeah, and happy St. Patrick's Day.

They aren't normal people. They each may be a normal person, but TOGETHER they form one of the least rich drug cartels out there!
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

What do you mean, "least rich"?

We all sleep on giant piles of gold bullion, a la Scrooge McDuck.

The dirty hillbilly thing is just an act. For most of us.

-S

Yes it's true, the staff is great.  Love and kisses to them all.
Back from a long retirement

I want to see their boobies.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

On behalf of myself and the other staff, thanks.  It's awfully nice to have the occasional appreciation to balance out the thankfully few rough moments.

Jhunter - I think if you sweet-talk Brix, he might send you a picture of his.  Get him drunk first, that always works for me.

Quote from: "Sanvean"On behalf of myself and the other staff, thanks.  It's awfully nice to have the occasional appreciation to balance out the thankfully few rough moments.

Jhunter - I think if you sweet-talk Brix, he might send you a picture of his.  Get him drunk first, that always works for me.

Sweet Sanvean, thanks for the tip!  :lol:

:D
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

This made my night to read - thanks everyone!

It's my pleasure to serve you, truly. You're a great group of people to work with.

Jhunter - while I have to confess I laughed at your post...dude, maybe you should like, check into a clinic for that? Or get out of the house - I'm sure you'll see plenty if you just you know, turn off the computer and step outside for a while?  :wink:

Mansa is NOT a lesbian!
"Change is not inspired without risk.." - Eniriah

Quote from: "mansa"I've met a lot of the Armageddon Immortals in Real Life...

.... Some of them even had breasts

Only some of them has breasts?  Uhm.. Okay.

Yeah, thanks staff!  You rock!  Really.  I am not doing it for karma, I swear.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Eniriah"This made my night to read - thanks everyone!

It's my pleasure to serve you, truly. You're a great group of people to work with.

Jhunter - while I have to confess I laughed at your post...dude, maybe you should like, check into a clinic for that? Or get out of the house - I'm sure you'll see plenty if you just you know, turn off the computer and step outside for a while?  :wink:

Mansa is NOT a lesbian!

Hrrrmmm...you mean there are boobies outside?

*logs out, straps on his travelling gear to go on a quest*

Stayed tuned next week for:

Indiana James and The Lost Boobies

No, its just an evil staff plot to get you out so they can more easily sniff you out to EAT YOUR BRAINZ!!
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I guess I'm a little late in this post.  But you guys really are a good lot.  The staff here is devoted and intelligent, even if I don't agree on all of the decisions made, you have a big part in making the game what it is.  And I agree with the people that say this game really is a work of art.  Which to me is saying a lot.  Part of that is the devoted players so I have to say thanks to all of my other peers that play.  But even some of you staffers are still players and pretty much all of you started off as players so that says even more if you ask me.  As players and as staffers, I thank you all ^_^

The Arm staff is what makes the game worth playing.

I think that's enough said.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I heart the staff.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

Even though the staff members continuously reject my wishes about prostitute and catamite animations.. Eh.. I still love them.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]