Blind Fightin' Skills

Started by mansa, March 14, 2006, 01:46:21 PM

Very cool, Very cool.  I like it.

Is this a skill that will show up in our skill lists or remain invisible?

Sounds very cool.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

This sounds very awesomely promising indeed.

It has always been something I have roleplayed training/doing - I can't wait to experiment with this!

(p.s. Will there be a helpfile?)

*stares at skills list and whines pitifully*

Is it in yet?

How about now?

Now?
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

This is only practiced by the militia in Red Storm. And possibly raiders and such, but I doubt it's something that would be taught across the world.
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Hymwen"This is only practiced by the militia in Red Storm. And possibly raiders and such, but I doubt it's something that would be taught across the world.

03/14/2006: New skill 'blind fighting' for Warriors/Rangers/Assassins -- Morgenes

Looks like it'll become a little more prevalent, due to the constant sandstorms that bug rangers and others alike.
Quote from: LauraMarsThis is an unrealistic game.

(which is part of its appeal)

No doubt. *flex*

Oh. I just know what I read in the documentation:

QuoteAt the southern end of the Known World lies Red Storm Village, a small outpost known for its rough atmosphere and the large number of raiders that pass through it. An enduring feature of the region is its extremely harsh weather. Outside the village walls, visibility is often very low, and the fierce winds drive the thick dust into one's face, making any type of combat that much more difficult. While this is only rumor, it seems that some fighters who call the village home have developed techniques for 'fighting blind'; that is, executing maneuvers to adequately defend oneself and launch attacks against foes whose positions can only be guessed at.
b]YB <3[/b]

Does this mean we get coded blindfolds now, too (pretty please, with ginka on top)?

Please, blindfolds, please.

And gags, too, gags.

Here's an idea.

To put a blindfold or gag on someone, it initiates a one-round fight, which is ended if you put it on. It is criminal-tagged only if you fail.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I've posted a helpfile on 'Skill Blind Fighting'.

http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/show_help?skill_blind_fighting
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

"Acute" has one c.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

thanks for the catch
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Err... Is this a skill we do not see in the skill list?  Or is it branchable?  Or is it going to be added to the skill list after the reboot?
some of my posts are serious stuff

It's branchable, and is already in.  You will see it when it is available to you.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

so do red stormers get a bonus due to the docs?

Quote from: "Anonymous"so do red stormers get a bonus due to the docs?
Why should they?  They'll just get more practice and be better at it for that reason.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"
Quote from: "Anonymous"so do red stormers get a bonus due to the docs?
Why should they?  They'll just get more practice and be better at it for that reason.

Why should they?  Because you have to branch a different skill to get it.  So, all your hard work living in Red Storm and you'll never get or use the bonuses of the blind fighitng skill.  You don't gain skill percentage on a skill you don't have in your lists.

I'd like to see the people who start in Red Storm get a small percentage of it to start.  That would be amazing and realistic based on the Fighting Documents, that are here.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I agree.  Give 'em the skill right off the bat.  For Krath's sake, give those stormers somethin' to get excited about.  Hell, might even get a couple people to create characters in that god forsaken hole that swallowed my first one.

i was anon kank, and yea, just drop it on their skill list to start, even at a low start and a low cap.

it fits the docs, it makes sense, and there are other location bound skills. This should be one too.

No bonus to red stormers.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: "Morgenes"No bonus to red stormers.
Please?
Back from a long retirement

Pretty Please?

With a cup of kalan jam on top?
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

change the docs.

They are good at it because they face near-blindness more often.  So yes, if you go and stay in Red Storm and fight in the blinding sand more often, you will get better.  We will not give you a coded bonus to blind-fighting just because you chose Red Storm as your hometown.

The docs do not say 'Everyone in Red Storm is great at this!'  It just says they've practiced more at it.  It even explicitely states that others can learn the skill (when obviously you couldn't since the skill wasn't coded).  The docs are fine as is, and to reiterate, there will be no coded bonus or giving of this skill to someone just because they choose Red Storm as a hometown.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Is this a skill that shows up on the list, or is it a hidden one?