Would ya?

Started by Indecisive Kank, January 31, 2006, 06:51:18 PM

Stats:  Poor, Average, Above Average, Very Good.

Would ya reroll?  They fall pretty much in the right places for the character's guild.

What would -you- do?  The clock is ticking.

If they are in the right places, why would you reroll?

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

i would definitely reroll, not even think one sec..

Quote from: "Yokunama"If they are in the right places, why would you reroll?

Do I want a d-elf ranger with a poor wisdom?  Or a half-giant warrior with a poor agility?  Or a dwarf burglar with a poor strength?  The wracking pain of such decisions!

Reroll.  Just do it.
Back from a long retirement

I don't know what kind of superficially high standards you hold your stats to, but there's no fucking way I'd reroll unless I felt i NEEDED the first stat.

Plus, we don't know the character's age. That often has a huge affect to which way the stats are inclined.

Reroll to get poor, poor, poor and below average?
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "Agent_137"I don't know what kind of superficially high standards you hold your stats to, but there's no fucking way I'd reroll unless I felt i NEEDED the first stat.

Plus, we don't know the character's age. That often has a huge affect to which way the stats are inclined.

Agreed. Those stats look fine to me. Also, I'm not a big fan of the reroll command.

>drop pants

Quote from: "Indecisive Kank"
Quote from: "Yokunama"If they are in the right places, why would you reroll?

Do I want a d-elf ranger with a poor wisdom?  Or a half-giant warrior with a poor agility?  Or a dwarf burglar with a poor strength?  The wracking pain of such decisions!

If the stats work with the selected guild, I see no real reason to reroll.

>drop pants

There's more to consider...

...still, with two stats that are lower than average, I would normally reroll.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

If you want a completely RPI answer. right now your stats are average, slightly sloping into poor. I'd reroll because of two reasons. If you get much better stats, your roleplaying experience will be 'slightly' but different, though it depends on your chara concept considerably. If your stats become extraordinary worse, that TOO will offer a 'slight' or significant change in your roleplaying experience. While average stats are while acceptable etc, just not as fun as extremely poor ones or extremely good ones.

Bah, why chance it, I played a dwarf ranger with ave/below ave, above ave and EG, and he lived well over 30 days played (I think it was 43) Became LT of tor red scorpions, was nearly unstoppable in combat and lived through the war in luirs(the one to liberate it from nak)...course, all the crashes helped that some, but no matter.

Point is, three out of four stats ave or better, shit, I'd run with it, build the char around it, give him/her a chance, like all the right to lifers say...and god, who wants to risk g/ba/p/p or something?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I'm huge with reroll.

Just do it. Then you never have to ask yourself if you should have!
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

I've only once not rerolled, and that one character's stats were, quite frankly, probably disgustingly high enough to have justified a reroll all on their own.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

reroll that horrible crap, if I don't have at least one exceptional I reroll, but that's just me.

Jarod

once I had p vp p p and i rerolled and got p p p p.

I AM GREAT.

I've NEVER seen very poor.  Are you sure it exists?
Back from a long retirement

I once had a very poor. :P

Twice, even.

I dont care so much for the current system regarding stats. I think they should roll four stats, just as they do now....but you should get to allocate the stats to whatever attribute you decide.....For example...

Score: Your currently this stat set for your merchant...Average, Good, Extremely Good, Poor.

Assign Endurance Good

Your Enduance is now Good.

You have this stat set remaining: Average, Extremely Good, Poor

Assign Wisdom Extremely Good

Your Wisdom is now Extremely Good.

You have this stat set remaining: Average, Poor

Assign Strength Poor

Your Strength is now Poor.

You have this stat set remaining: Average

Assign Agility Average

Your Strength is now Poor, Your Agility is now Average, Your Wisdom is now Extremely Good, Your Endurance is now Good.

Are you sure you want to keep these stats?

Yes/No

Isnt that alot better than ending up with a merchant with Extremely good Strength and Poor Wisdom? It isnt as if much is being changed...you still only get one reroll...you still only have four determining stats...all that you are doing is making sure you dont have genius puny warriors...and extremely tough but clumsy pickpockets. I think this system would make the world alot more realistic, and alot more fantasy...at the same time. I know that seems like it would contradict its self...but it is more realistic because a moron who trips over his own feet wouldnt take to being a pickpocket anyways....and it is alot more fantasy because the pc's who are warriors can be expected to generally follow warrior features...the pcs who are merchants will be expected to generally follow the merchant norm. Anyways, thats my take on it.

I like that idea, Desertman. If you do in fact only get one reroll, I think it would be a great idea.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

I always reroll. It's the one "second chance" you get in arm.

Love it.

Physically.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Very Poor is from a year or two back.   They didn't really get rid of it,  it's just part of poor now.  :)

My first desert elf (before it was karma required)  had very poor in every stat.  

He ran out of endurance walking to the merchant, because his 'sid and clothes were too heavy.  

And this was before players controlled the reroll, so I had to wish up and wait to be able to move.

I don't like stat ordering, never have, never will. Simply makes things seem/feel cookie cutter.

I would love a merchant with AI strength, ave agi, poor wis, aa end.
Just means I'll be able to carry more stuff, probly a bonus in the long run.
Or pretty much any other set, long as its not all BA/poor, but then, stat ordering does not solve that anyway, but reroll mostly does.

I like the randomness and the fact that everybody else is pretty random also.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job