Hog-tie

Started by Jakahri, December 29, 2005, 01:47:46 AM

After mortally wounding someone or rendering them unconscious, you:

>hold rope
You hold the numut-woven rope
>tie man
You bind a length of numut-woven rope around a man's limbs, rendering him immobile.

1) This could be useful for bounty hunters and mercenaries who need to bring their marks back alive.

2) This could be -highly- useful for interrogations.

3) This skill could be based off of the wisdom stat, meaning the more intelligent you are, the better knots you tie, making it thereby harder to free yourself of the bindings.

4) The strength stat, as well as agility possibly, would be used to determine if one has the ability to break free of their binds. Remember, the better the knot, the higher the roll has to be.

5) No more spam fleeing victims! At least...it helps some. Huzzah.  :P

Thoughts?
Quote from: LauraMarsThis is an unrealistic game.

(which is part of its appeal)

No doubt. *flex*

YES.

Perhaps add an "escape bonds" skill to certain guilds. (Burglars, pick-pockets...that sort.)

Make it so anyone can do it...but those certain types are more apt to get restrained for crimes. Maybe they work on escaping them in case of capture. After all, capture could mean death.

*shrug* Just throwing out an idea.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

we've needed this for awhile.

either two new skills, or put it under "subdue" and "flee" skills, for tieing and escaping, relatively.

Or just use the same code and rename them and make new skills.

but we've needed this for awhile.

idea this in game, by the way. I remember it being said that bored Immortals always check the idea board first, and the forums don't always get checked.

Quote from: "Agent_137"either two new skills, or put it under "subdue" and "flee" skills, for tieing and escaping, relatively.

Yea, I think they should go under subdue and flee skills.

IMO, I think the strength stat should play a role in it. A half-giant or a mul could probably break a rope into.

And who wants to tie up people all the time? What about those scrabs and other animals that those slavers have to get after?

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Excellent idea.  It seems this bit of code could help ameliorate several problems that I've seen discussed in various posts (the aforementioned spam fleeing and problems with interrogation scenes being two prominent ones).

Of couse, there are a lot of... other uses for this skill, some more fun than others.   :twisted:
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Bondage.  Kinky.

I think this could be used as a way to finish off a subdue - one person subdues the victim and then a second person can tie them up, allowing them to remain in a subdued state even after the person holding them Releases them.  Could work with Sap - I don't think it's very realistic to go to someone who's within one inch of their life and then tie them up.  You'd be likely to just kill them that way.

Different ropes could have Strength rating, so if an elf grabs you you might have an easy time to escape, but that completely changes once the elf's tribemate ties you up with barbed gianthair rope.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Being able to tie people would be really cool.

I'll try and make sure that it's at least on the to do list.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Great! Thanks Olgaris. =P
Quote from: LauraMarsThis is an unrealistic game.

(which is part of its appeal)

No doubt. *flex*

Is something like this seriously happening??? I think this has been a much needed skill for a looooong time now. (*gleefully to self* Oh just think of the tortu-...I mean, interrogation opportunities this skill could bring!)

It has been discussed quite a few times in the past on the GDB.

And I really don't remember many who were against it.

I'm for it myself, I really can't count how many times I've been involved in a deal where somebody was surrounded, all exits watched, held by a half-giant who simply bolted the moment they were not held by coded actions, ignoring the setup of everybody around them.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I'm desperately in favor.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I really really would like to see this in.

But I think it should depend on a few things.  I don't think you should just be able to run at someone and tie them up.  I think it should be almost impossible if the person is not subdued.  If you want to tie someone up after you subdue them have some kind of rope in your inventory and then type tie soandso.

Is the person asleep or knocked out?  Then you should have no problem subduing them and tying them up.

This would make it possible to bring in people alive instead of just bringing in heads.  And if you wanted to bring in someone but have them go night night you can always just beat them until they pass out.  Being tied up they should be pretty helpless.  I think you should have the potential to break tie in the same way you have the potential to break subdue.

This would deifnitely provide some interesting RP and added realism.

If this is implemented.. I hope to god that there is some sort of incense or liquid that can stop The Way from being used (Or, at least, stopping the person from contacting someone else.. still able to receive.. etc.)  so that you can actually get someone to your sekrit lair before his friends charge in and stop the plot.

Also:  QUITE IN FAVOR OR TYING UP
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

Quote from: "Sir Diealot"so that you can actually get someone to your sekrit lair before his friends charge in and stop the plot.
If they don't know where they are, they can't tell someone else. Also, knocking someone unconscious works just as well as tying them up. And taking them to some "room" where it's dark works as a blindfold. If they try to run, well you have to kill them, but even better if you can enter and leave the place you've left them with ease, while they are unable to leave.

Quote from: "path"I'm desperately in favor.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Um, just bringing this up again in the hopes that we can get some Imm word on this....I see a lot of code changes going in, and some of them seem (to me) less important than a much needed addition like this one. Is something like this being considered? I've been waiting a long time to see it added, and though most seem to agree that it's needed, there's little feedback as to whether it's going to be implemented or not.

Please? I want to tie people up!!!

Club in the noggin stops the way just fine.

Quote from: "Tuannon"Club in the noggin stops the way just fine.
You also have to keep clubbing them every so often which makes talking with them difficult.

I'm all for this idea myself, I can see it being highly useful in a variety of situations (though someone saying something about hogtying a scrab makes me giggle).

As far as the bit about position given away with psi, there's a prime example of why we need blindfold in addition to this! Without that, it's either sap them.. Or get them good and drunk somehow!
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

I also don't like the suggestion of dragging someone off to a dark room.  Maybe dark rooms are in short suppy... and whether they are in not, well.. if they can't see, it's a possibility you can't see, either.  Then that just sucks.

You hear someone moving in the dark.
You think, "Oh shit, hes getting away!"
You blindly try to grab at someone.
You hear the creak of hinges behind you, and see a momentarily flash of light!
You hear the sickly sound of your prisoner locking you in your own hellhole.
You think, "Damn.  I knew I shouldn't have put that lock on there."

I'm all for tieing up someone.  So many possibilities... so many possibilities.  Blindfolding and gagging would be interesting additions, as well.  I guess you COULD get the other player to show good will and roleplay these things virtually (I'd be more than happy to!), but that could turn awkward very quickly if player-player communication fails.

Quote from: "Vesperas"You hear someone moving in the dark.
You think, "Oh shit, hes getting away!"
You blindly try to grab at someone.
You hear the creak of hinges behind you, and see a momentarily flash of light!
You hear the sickly sound of your prisoner locking you in your own hellhole.
You think, "Damn.  I knew I shouldn't have put that lock on there."
If you can lock a door, then why not just close door and lock yourself in it with the prisoner? You'd have to be a pretty stupid and ineffective kidnapper to do that.

Quote from: "Vesperas"I also don't like the suggestion of dragging someone off to a dark room.
I'm pretty sure you can guard in a room you can't see in and still be an effective guard. But if you don't like that, simply sap them, take them somewhere you're fairly certain they've never been, wake them up. They'll see "You are in a cave." Now the player might have been there before, but hopefully the character hasn't been.

Also, I'm not saying don't add tying. I'm all for it. These are simply alternatives until we can tie people up.

Blindfolding and gagging are awesome suggestions.

Not to mention how kinky the mudsexxx0rs can get after that is put in the game.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "skeetdaddle"Um, just bringing this up again in the hopes that we can get some Imm word on this....I see a lot of code changes going in, and some of them seem (to me) less important than a much needed addition like this one. Is something like this being considered? I've been waiting a long time to see it added, and though most seem to agree that it's needed, there's little feedback as to whether it's going to be implemented or not.

Please? I want to tie people up!!!

While I think all the changes were important ones and some of the upcoming even more important, I absolutely agree that this is a needed addition.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

It would be nice if there was a drug, poison, spice, or possibly just alcohol that interfered with psionic ability.  Being drunk seems like it should be incompatible with the mental disciplines.  It wouldn't affect stun, instead it would raise the difficulty of psionic skill checks.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins