Hog-tie

Started by Jakahri, December 29, 2005, 01:47:46 AM

i don't know my drugs, spices, and poisons very well, but I'm surprised that there isn't already something inplace to immediately (as in upon application) interfere with psionic ability.

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Being drunk seems like it should be incompatible with the mental disciplines.  It wouldn't affect stun, instead it would raise the difficulty of psionic skill checks.
Being drunk is already taken into consideration.

Quote from: "Sir Diealot"If this is implemented.. I hope to god that there is some sort of incense or liquid that can stop The Way from being used (Or, at least, stopping the person from contacting someone else.. still able to receive.. etc.)  so that you can actually get someone to your sekrit lair before his friends charge in and stop the plot.

Also:  QUITE IN FAVOR OR TYING UP

I believe there are.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Someone asked the staff not long ago about blindfolds. I remember as I was on the edge of my seat for the answer. They said someone is working on this.

I hope that they will next devote their attentions to binding people up and immediately follow that up with gags.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Great idea, I'm for it. The two alternatives are subdue and sap, and subdue is awkward when you are doing it for a long period of time.

This would be a good alternative to sap and subdue in city settings as a method that won't get you crim-flagged. It should only work on people affected by sap or subdue though.

A perfect way for city soldiers to prevent someone from fleeing.

Quote from: "FightClub"
Quote from: "Sir Diealot"If this is implemented.. I hope to god that there is some sort of incense or liquid that can stop The Way from being used (Or, at least, stopping the person from contacting someone else.. still able to receive.. etc.)  so that you can actually get someone to your sekrit lair before his friends charge in and stop the plot.

Also:  QUITE IN FAVOR OR TYING UP

I believe there are.

You believe wrong...

There are ways to ensure someone doesn't use the Way.

In this case I think I have to be cliche and say "Figure it out ingame".

There are ways.  However, there is not an herb/spice/alcoholic drink/poison that you can apply, in order to seriously block the way.

Yes, you can keep them at very low stun..  Or hit them with a sap, and KO them.  Or, you can get them -real- drunk, and its harder for them to Way,  but there is no effective way of temporarily taking away the inner cell phone of every single person in Zalanthas.  

Nor, without blindfolds, is there a way to stop them from bringing in their buddies, to beat your ass the second they awaken.  Or, at least, give away information critical to your plans.. or armaments or anything you might accidentally reveal.  Every Single Person on Zalanthas has an untappable (sans Templars, Sorc-Kings, and Psions) mental cell phone that can instantly, and near flawlessly put them in contact with anyone else in the world, its the way the game is, but it'd be nice if we could temporarily knock it out for the sake of plot, and to slow way-twinkage.

Quote from: "Anon Kank"There are ways.  However, there is not an herb/spice/alcoholic drink/poison that you can apply, in order to seriously block the way.

Yes, you can keep them at very low stun..  Or hit them with a sap, and KO them.  Or, you can get them -real- drunk, and its harder for them to Way,  but there is no effective way of temporarily taking away the inner cell phone of every single person in Zalanthas.  

Nor, without blindfolds, is there a way to stop them from bringing in their buddies, to beat your ass the second they awaken.  Or, at least, give away information critical to your plans.. or armaments or anything you might accidentally reveal.  Every Single Person on Zalanthas has an untappable (sans Templars, Sorc-Kings, and Psions) mental cell phone that can instantly, and near flawlessly put them in contact with anyone else in the world, its the way the game is, but it'd be nice if we could temporarily knock it out for the sake of plot, and to slow way-twinkage.

Not entirely true, I can think of at least two ways not listed.  Just because you haven't encountered it does not mean it does not exist.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]