Strike

Started by Jakahri, December 29, 2005, 01:40:04 AM

Quote from: "Halaster"I think the -easiest- solution would be simply to rename kick as strike and reword the echos the code sends to be more generic...

I agree. It keeps the code simplistic in its nature yet leaves it up to the players to emote how their pc's are acting.

I also like jhunter's idea about tagging emotes to 'strike'. Just a few thoughts. I'm glad the discussion at least has people thinking. That's a plus.  :wink:
Quote from: LauraMarsThis is an unrealistic game.

(which is part of its appeal)

No doubt. *flex*

*drools over the idea of more skills*
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "jhunter"
Quote from: "Halaster"I think the -easiest- solution would be simply to rename kick as strike and reword the echos the code sends to be more generic...
Exactly, -and- add the ability to tag an emote onto it. Problem solved. That is pretty much what I was getting at with my original suggestion on the idea of a "strike" command. That is how alot of people who play combat types and want to have more of their own fighting style use kick anyway.
Me, I agree with Halaster...adding the ability to tag on an emote as part of the command is just gravy, though.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.