PC Slaving - a good thing or as evil as lima beans?

Started by Naiona, June 26, 2005, 12:28:28 AM

With any luck, my escaped mul app will go through and I can be reenslaved! How awesome would that be? the desert will really have me freaked out now.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "HardCarbon"I could go to some of my old guilds who are board with their dull grapical gmes.. and bring em here for a couple months of fun.. but that would be crude..
:!: REQUESTING BACKUP FROM THE INTERNET :!:

Seriously though, what's your point with this statement?  I don't get it.

Quote from: "Ghost"
Quote from: "HardCarbon"

Nice personal attack...

I am sorry.

I just wanted to point out that it is not a one way dead end, if such a thing was put into action.  There are many ways to get out of it and all are well too reasonable.

I did not want to just make a personal offense, but I see it looks too much that way.  I apologize for it.

I've BEEN an involitary slave before:

1) Abuse the crap out of you without bothering with consent?  check
 2) Turn down a 2large+ bribe for release (AFTER cleaning me and my bank account out? (another 2 large))  check
 3) Belief that there will be adequate monitoring..   NOT
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."

Quote from: "Ghost"

Nice personal attack...

I am sorry.

I just wanted to point out that it is not a one way dead end, if such a thing was put into action.  There are many ways to get out of it and all are well too reasonable.

I did not want to just make a personal offense, but I see it looks too much that way.  I apologize for it.

I've BEEN an involitary slave before:

1) Abuse the crap out of you without bothering with consent?  check
 2) Turn down a 2large+ bribe for release (AFTER cleaning me and my bank account out? (another 2 large))  check
 3) Belief that there will be adequate monitoring..   NOT

Zalanthas is a harsh world. Some slavers wouldn't care about that bribe when they can gain you and the money. Sure, it can kill the playability, but it's realistic. People are greedy. That was obviously before what the staff is claiming to do, where that will be reversed.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

If someone does something consent-worthy without asking for your consent, OOC about it and ask them to stop.  If they do not stop, wish up.

Abusing the consent rule is pretty damned severe, and punishment, I read, also tends to be very severe.
This is not normal nor will this ever be the norm.

Turning down the bribe is an IC issue.

Not having enough monitoring?  If you feel that you need more monitoring, simply email the clan imms and CC the MUD account, explaining your reasoning, and things will probably change within three days at most.

I have also had a character become an involuntary slave, and I had a great time with it.  But that's just me, and I guess he wasn't in a too-bad situation.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Not targetted to anyone in particular, but if people are going to post, post something that is new to the thread please. Seeing how long this thread is, alot of the issues being brought up have already been mentioned, and it seems people tend to blow right over them to get attention or other.

Quote from: "HardCarbon"I've BEEN an involitary slave before:

1) Abuse the crap out of you without bothering with consent? check
2) Turn down a 2large+ bribe for release (AFTER cleaning me and my bank account out? (another 2 large)) check
3) Belief that there will be adequate monitoring.. NOT

And was this role monitered by imms? If it wasn't, then it isn't a likely arguement for this thread. If it was, then it would damage the trust that I have in the staff, and likely a few others. Aside from that, as long as the system isn't tested, I think there will always be some negative sentiments on this idea. Once it's gone through a trial run, and the playerbase can see the results, then I think a better decision can be made. In a worse case scenario, maybe it'll turn out as HardCarbon has put it, but if things go as I hope it will, it'll only make the game that much better.

Before I take my hands out of this thread for now, I'd like to ask that slaving runs are not done every RL week, rather a random occurance whenever the demand for slaves is high. There should only be a small percentage of the playerbase that actually gets the chance to become a slave, similar to the ratio of templars, or else I have a feeling being a slave will be a boring thing. Almost like an IC recruitment for slaves... :wink:
Here is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.  -   Sean O'Faolain

This thread has gotten soooooo long that I am going to lock it and have started a new one, found here .

Please post your further replies in the new thread.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.