Most Enjoyable Characters.

Started by Larrath, June 20, 2005, 03:10:29 PM

What was the Race/Guild of your single favorite character (that you played)?
Just curious, and dead PCs only, please.

(Human/Ranger comes to mind in my case).
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Dwarf/warrior.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Human/Merchant

Close Seconds:
City Elf/Pick-Pocket
Human/Ranger
Dwarf/Ranger
Human/Assassin

tiny scrab / godling
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

human/merchant
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Half-elf/Warrior by far.  :)  She was A-1 Badass!  :D
Human/Merchant
D-Elf/Ranger
 couldn't help but to point out that my vote counted as '69'...heh!   :twisted:

City elf/stealer of trousers

Er... I mean pickpocket.

Human/Merchant (Noble)
Mul/Ranger
D-Elf Ranger
D-Elf Warrior
Human/Ranger
Human/Nilazi

Hard to pick a favorite out of that bunch.  I was pretty unhappy with every single character's end too.

Both of these are long dead.

For me I think it was either Sgt. Dagaz/Dagez which was mul/warrior in the Byn or Lord Commander Kratuk Tor. Both PCs I will never forget and would love to have another that touched me like they did. I havent played much as of late but the only reason is, for the most part, I'm being too picky on what I want to do for a change, heh.

Anyone remember either of those? I wouldn't mind hearing any thoughts on them via PM and, as I said, they (and anyone else from that time) are long dead.

As an after thought, I also had another mul which had some really cool play. He is actually the one featured in the story called... "Eems the raider" or something along those lines. That little girl was cute :P
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Warrior/bard.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Human Ranger followed by Human Pickpocket.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Half-elf/warrior/mercenary
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Blood, an assasin/??? I really can't remember....a rinther elf who managed to get into some orgs...but was horrible, a screwup. Probally my favorite character, I'd purposely mess up when I should've been assasinating peole. That was awesome.

And my next favorite would've been Kahn, a militia sergeant  an assasin/guard somehwat IC info:halfelf from the rinth... (seriously, he was, I never expected that. He had a southern accent he 'learned' and...I was drafted...it was insane. Sudden...forced almost. He went from being threatened and bullied to being offered a job, and was instanly clanned, within 2 hours playing time. Very, VERY, ironic, because the pc right before him was tailored specificially to be in the militia. And was told he was too young. Then this one...a breed from the rinth...within 2, it was amazing.
made it to sergeant. I had an awesome time with that character...never go the leader tag and the coded ability to drag a couple halfgiants around with me...that made me sad. /me spouts about too many pc templars and not 'needing' it.

Those were some awesome characters, not only from the roles that they played and the ability I had to get into character, but because of the players around me. They were what made the game great, and some of you know who you are, some of you might not.

Also, the magicker/whatever...ecking out an existence sifting psice, chopping wood, or being a merchant. I've developed a fondness for occupations that have absolutely no coded skills. I like that.
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: "Dracul"Blood, an assasin/??? I really can't remember....a rinther elf who managed to get into some orgs...but was horrible, a screwup. Probally my favorite character, I'd purposely mess up when I should've been assasinating peole. That was awesome.

Remember you!

Mine?  A certain assassin of course.  Race confused one.  Nothing is better.  Eva'!

I'd have to say one of my favorites was OOCly nicknamed The Silver Silt Surfer... human ninja/awesome (assassin).

Then there was the human warrior chick, but she was mostly awesome because of who she hung with.

Then all my d-elves... of which there is no favorite class.  You don't need a class with a d-elf, they're classier than any damn roundear hands down.

Half-giants...

Argh, I can't choose.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

human warrior

Consistently, human warriors played as a general rough and tumble type have had the most interesting lives in my experience.

Two -

Human/Warrior/Hunter but only because he lived a long time as an indy, and has a bad back, grumbling about it all the time.

Half-elf/Burglar/Thug (rinthi) But only because I was RPing with some class acts. I was so pissed when he died.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Human ranger

2nd-halfbreed pickpocket
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Either a human assassin or an elf pickpocket. Incidentally, neither ever assassinated or picked pockets.

Half-elven ranger.

Human warrior/bard.

Probably...

Half-elf / burgler / thief up in tuluk when liscensing for theft and assassination was just starting. He trashed a few apartments and knew just about everything about everyone, and where to get anything that you might need. Quite possibly the most powerful half-elf in the north while he lived, got more than one person killed for stepping on his toes.

Next would be a dwarf/warrior/thug who worked for Salarr way back when the Allanakis occupied Tuluk. Right after the Sun King took over he tried to sell a nakki tabard in his own store and was cut down for it by the sun kings soldiers... never did try to get him resurected for that little bug, something I used to regret.

(--Long-- time ago, nothing secret) Another Human / assassin / warrior who worked for Salarr way back when and eventually became a Sergeant if I remember right. While visiting 'Nak his boss went missing so he set out to find his killer, stalking all sorts of higher-ups and finding things out before making a move at who he thought would know alot about it. He got into a house and confronted two of the suspects, they still drew blades and wouldn't tell him anything so he proceeded to whoop on them, nearly killing them both before a guard came down the stairs who he also nearly killed. Three people attacking my one little assassin for about fifteen minutes, while my assassin was jumping around the place throwing daggers and now fighting for his life, having lost control of the situation. They eventually got him, but that was likely one of my best deaths. Including everything leading up to it and the actual moment when he fell.

And of course, my current character is by far my favorite.

Just a few among a vast group of favorites... be good to Armageddon and it will be good to you.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Number two would be - Human/Warrior - He actually hung out with -both- of TLH's favorite characters.   8)

But my all time favorite was a human/warrior/BYNFORLIIIIFE!!! Val, was his name, and he rocked faces until the elves got him. He was my favorite, and also my longest lived so far. I still have his approval email... :)

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

1.  Elf/burglar/thief
2.  Elf/assassin/thief
3.  Human/ranger/crafter
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Merchant, man!
Look at all those awesome things you can craft. Never run out of fun when you're playing a crafter.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.