Most Enjoyable Characters.

Started by Larrath, June 20, 2005, 03:10:29 PM

Depends on the ideas I have for the PC.

So I don't have an established favorite class or subclass.
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

Quote from: "sacac"Depends on the ideas I have for the PC.

So I don't have an established favorite class or subclass.

This thread is about favorite characters that you played and already lost, not favorite combinations in general. :)
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Alright.
My favorite character was an elven pickpocket thug that was a southern-southern allanaki and died to a half giant festival in the sewers.
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

Half-giant/anything.

I enjoy playing the fool, and with a HG, no-one dares show disdain towards you ;)

A mul/warrior  I had in the Byn a little over a year ago I believe.  Don't want to say his name as it hasn't been that long ago, but I imagine some will know who I am speaking of.  Longest character I ever had..I believe he lived six months RL.  Was tough playing a slave role that long but the group we had in the Byn at the time was so much fun to play with.  Tlaloc is a great Imm and everyone should play a character in the Byn at least once.  I just didn't feel like doing much at all the day he died...first time I actually got really depressed about a character's death.

Hard to pick because the roles were so different but if I had to:

#1 elven 'rinther/burglar/bard

#2 half elven ranger/nomad based in the Tablelands

i always made a southern elf that hunted scrab or a norther elf that was a lumberjack and hunted everything even tembos and bahamets when i hade tribal elf friends.
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

Half-giant burglar, you could steal a wagon, and the gypsies with it.

*sniffle*

Please, I'd really like to be alone for a while.
Back from a long retirement

Human merchant (all time favorite)

Elven assassin (rinthi)

D-elf elementalist (clanned in one of the tribes)
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Rabid little man-beast merchant.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

In order...
Dwarf ranger/armorcrafter
human pickpocket/thief
human rukkian/stonecarver
half-elf drovian/bard
h-giant warrior/house servant
d-elf rukkian/hunter
h-giant ranger/? (Uh I don't remember the subguild but anyway, I didn't use much skills for this one. A wandering h-giant ranger is always fun)
human elkrosian/bard
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Human warrior/ physician who worked as a battlefield medic...he died from the stupidest thing.

Mutant human assassin/weaponscrafter

Human warrior/thug who blazed through an HRPT in glory and survived with sheer luck when he should have died about 2000000 times.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

My favourite character was a Guilder who lived for nearly 2 RL years and got involved in some fun stuff and dealt with just about everybody. He was an assassin / thug but I never really practiced or used any of his skills at all. On top of that he had really crappy stats. I was always worried that some newbie warrior would pick a fight with him someday and absolutely murder him so I generally had him tarted up in stuff to make him look like he'd been around the block a few times. He got out of some serious scrapes before dying most ignominously though perhaps appropriately.

I had a great time with my Krathi / Bard gemmed elementalist too. Was a completely different pace to the Guilder and has really got me hooked on magickers - I'm looking forward to playing some more of them.

I generally only play humans as I find it difficult to get into the mindset of other races properly though I think I could maybe play a HG alright.

I think I LIKE rangers....

Now If I could live for a bit without some special apps character whacking me :)
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."

A human/warrior I played in the Byn, around the same time as the mul waroth played, I think. He didn't live too long, but his Northern attitude while transposed in the south was really fun to play, and created some real good RP.

My all time favorite, still, is a certian mul/ranger who couldn't speak. I was in more plots with that character than I have been in with any character since or before him.

My current character is pretty fun too.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

1st: D-elf/Ranger/Scavenger who didn't speak any language but her own nonsense. I got to do some really interesting emotes with that one, like licking people's hands and sniffing their butts. It was a lot of fun.

2nd: D-elf/Ranger/Thug who had a demented penchant for finding creative ways to explore the anatomy of things. Also had no regard for authority. And was extremely racist. Basically a prick all around, and a hell of a lot of fun. :)

Woot to d-elfs!

Since I'm sitting at home today with my sick daughter...I'll throw my hat in.

Most memorable character is probably a Rinthi Warrior/Thug who probably has many a bastard child out there, and probably was my largest PKer ever.  He was just a lot of fun to play.

My most intriguing character was a Sorc/Warrior (and pretty shitty on the Warrior side).  I started him young and he really didn't get very far on the Sorc side for the six months I played him, but the discovery of his skills was cool, and his development as a person was great as well.  I still curse the Templar who goaded him into the Arena.  I was cheated, I tell ya!  Cheated!!!

There is always tomorrow.

Half-elf ranger.  Had one in Kurac about two years or so ago.  Probably my most fleshed-out character ever, as when I played him it always felt like he was a real person (albeit messed up in the h-elvish way).  Still haven't gotten over that one quite yet.

My all time favourite was a pickpocket/ I forget, but he had the best luck ever. He was possibly the worst thief in Arm history but he was never once jailed (some bug I guess) and he lived through the mantis HRPT while holding a longsword in two hands (ya he was about below average in all of his stats) but then got killed by a bard.
'm into the desert on a horse with no name
It feels good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

A certain Byn Lieutenant that was addicted to sex and couldn't make sound out hard letter sounds like "k."
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"A certain Byn Lieutenant that was addicted to sex and couldn't make sound out hard letter sounds like "k."

Ahh yes I remeber him, you can't help but feel sorry for all those elven girls...

A certain disease-ravaged half-giant that wandered the world, worked with the Guild, avenged the death of a friend by decimating an entire tribe of d-elves, massacred a Unit of Byn who were hired to destroy him, and sparked many a controversial thread on the GDB about the use of subdue... :shock:

Man, those were the days...

Oh, I also had tons of fun with a short-lived, elderly, blood-sucking Templar.  Sometimes the shortest lived characters are the most fun.. But if I were to pick, the HG takes the cake for most enjoyable.

:twisted:

You know how every once in a while, you get really lucky, and get involved in an RPT where your humble soldier character faces off against some being of ultimate evil?
Yeah, well, this character faced off against three of those.
He was a human warrior/mercenary in the Byn, a meat-and-tubers 'Nakki loyalist who, when I apped him, was basically a write-off. He ended up being my longest lived character ever, and the stuff he saw (and fought) was insane. I mean, if you had even the slightest idea...
Trained under Sujaal, right hand man to Akasha, he was a grizzled old fart by the time he made Sergeant and died a very fitting death for Bynner (and no, he didn't fall off the Shield Wall).
A close second was my human/gemmed magicker/stone carver. He was more recent, so I won't give as many details. He was fun because I love magick. I create sorcerors and necromancers and druids in every game I play, and Arm was no exception. It was such a thrill to be able to finally play one in a game as great as Arm, and have that whole other realm of possibilities open to me. Short-lived though he was, he left me chomping at the bit to play another magicker.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."