best major event in armageddon which one you liked?

Started by killa, November 30, 2004, 11:54:46 AM

so what was your favorite major event.

Mine was the liberation of the north damn that was a sweet battle

I'm with you. It was probably the best because it was Halaster run and everybody died.

The ones that came later pale in comparison.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

I rather liked the events unfolding around the destruction of the north.

i like the kruth games
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The stuff that went down in Allanak on the day that Luirs fell to the Mantis.

*shiver*

HRPTs are fun, but some of my favorites have been some of the RPTs involving around 10 - 15 PCs where stuff just happened.  The only one I'm comfortable discussing here happened a year and a half ago or so, when my Bynner got dragged into the Allanaki sewers to kill some sort of mutant silt horror.  I'll never forget wading out of there, knee deep in entrails...
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Quote from: "killa"so what was your favorite major event.
When I found out that really ugly PCs could still get some lovin'. :wink:

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

The skirmish between Allanak and Tuluk.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Every single HRPT I've ever been involved in was completely awesome.  But if I had to pick it would be the HRPT when Allanak lost the Northlands.

I still miss the Northlands before it got all civilized and stuff.  Walking from the Sanctuary to Freil's ate up about 40 stamina and there was a place where you could quit out with your mount.

The ultimate place for a rough and tumble type.

Quote from: "Ghost"The skirmish between Allanak and Tuluk.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

The one in which Kul took a bunch of PCs into *censored* and rewarded them later with *censored* only to have Isar chase them down, later, to have them *censored*

I remember when Kul was presenting *censored* to Isar.  I was like - do I rat him out for being a *censored* or do I bite my tounge.  I bit my tounge like eveyrone else - but my hands were dying to type "Shout He's trying to *censor* you, Isar!"

In the aftermath, I kinda wish I had.  It would have been fun to take the risk.

That's my new motto: role-play fearlessly.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Back in Sujaal's hey-day, and I was a newb in the Byn, we took a ride on something Big and Mysterious and killed something Big and Nasty.
My character would brag about it ICly many years later, to new recruits and such, and it was such an incredible story that none of them ever believed it.
Anyways, all of those crazy Byn misadventures rocked heartily.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Ahem - shameless plug here, if you DO have a cool adventure story (such as your byn expedition story, Monkeys) and you want to retell it, then do it through NPCs!  

These are exactly the kinds of tales that I am looking to give to NPCs to share with the world, in game. Immortalise your greatest moments through tales.

See: http://www.zalanthas.org/blogs/current/archives/2004_11.html

Send them to me and I'll look at getting them added in game (if they are to IC sensitive or perhaps too recent to go in then I'll hold on to them till such a time as they might be suitable).
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

I'd have to say the latest HRPT. When Tuluk was attacked. That one was much fun (and got me quite rich! :D )
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Quote from: "Krath"
Quote from: "Ghost"The skirmish between Allanak and Tuluk.

Yea.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"Back in Sujaal's hey-day, and I was a newb in the Byn, we took a ride on something Big and Mysterious and killed something Big and Nasty.
My character would brag about it ICly many years later, to new recruits and such, and it was such an incredible story that none of them ever believed it.
Anyways, all of those crazy Byn misadventures rocked heartily.

sujaal wow i work with him 2 he was a cool guy  worked with him a few time in the north

I'd have to say when that crazy Tor Aide attacked that invisible figure. Who turned out to be an evil defiler/ *Censored*. Who in turned casted a spell and burned the good back into that aide with the average head. Who was single handedly taking on a defiler as the Tor guards and that great noble that was scary watched and decided on what to do.
Whew, that was great, even if she did almost die. You could imagine the shock on my face.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

My user name is in honor of my favorite past event. Had to do with a few of us falling down a hole in the Githlands and miraculously getting out. For those of you fortunate to have been involved with that, kudos. We all did a great job!

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"HRPTs are fun, but some of my favorites have been some of the RPTs involving around 10 - 15 PCs where stuff just happened.  The only one I'm comfortable discussing here happened a year and a half ago or so, when my Bynner got dragged into the Allanaki sewers to kill some sort of mutant silt horror.  I'll never forget wading out of there, knee deep in entrails...

I think there was series of events down there.  My favorite was the related moment a huge group of people is following a Templar to the top of the *beep* in the 'rinth to get into the sewers.  A few people are just starting to get thier climbing gear out when the Templar apparently decides to jump right in, and moments later dozens of people are falling down the *beep*!  It's raining men!  :lol:

Seriously, what was the point of that?  The sewer maintenence crews must have a better way in, why couldn't we go in THAT way?  A good time none the less.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

QuoteHad to do with a few of us falling down a hole in the Githlands and miraculously getting out. For those of you fortunate to have been involved with that, kudos. We all did a great job!

My favorite, as well.  Hopefully, we're still talking about the same event.  This has happened other times, to my knowledge.

Quote from: "Angela Christine"
A few people are just starting to get thier climbing gear out when the Templar apparently decides to jump right in, and moments later dozens of people are falling down the *beep*!  It's raining men!  :lol:

Yea, explain THAT broken arm ICly.

Change objective Lead largest warband in history off the Shield Wall for kicks and to be known.

After reading AC's post, I just had to say that.

Gathering a bunch of pc's together late one night and trying to invent zalanthan molitov cocktails with some high proof wine bottles in an attempt to burn down the Kadian village.

(that was so wrong in so many ways. do not try that at home.)

OH! No! I've got a better one. This one time I played a noble and a cousin didn't want to pay Kadius for an order, so he draws blades and tries to take the Kadian out. Which then led somehow to her guard driving the house's wagon INSIDE the estate.  

I was laughing so hard, it was impossible to type.
For those who knew him, my husband Jay, known as Becklee from time to time on Arm, died August 17th, 2008, from complications of muscular dystrophy.

My favorite time was the HRPT in which Luir's was taken over. I was in Allanak, in a certain clan at the time, and while I had no direct involvement in anything major, the echoes alone were just -awesome-. There was one part that had me crying in tears though, and that was when a soldier passed by, dragging behind him a certain magickal abomination on it's way to jail.  :lol:

Also stemming from that time, with the same character was a smaller RPT I attended, where we went to Luir's. The events that unfolded there, especially for my character(And a goal I'll one day strive to break), were just so so fun.

The very first HRPT will hold a special place in my heart, heh.  BEST DEATH EVER.

-Dave
Mansa to Me: "You are a cancer to ArmageddonMUD."

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"The stuff that went down in Allanak on the day that Luirs fell to the Mantis.

*shiver*

Definitely my fave too, and I got lucky to see a lot that made my body shiver and be scared.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I've only been around for a little under a year, so, I was wondering if all of the neat battles in the timeline of Zalanthas were actual HRPT's?
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Quote from: "Bogre"
Quote from: "Marauder Moe"The stuff that went down in Allanak on the day that Luirs fell to the Mantis.

*shiver*

Definitely my fave too, and I got lucky to see a lot that made my body shiver and be scared.

Yep, mine too seeing as that was the one HRPT that any of my characters was really involved in so far. I remember coming out of the area that Bogre knows what happened in and an Imm giving me some echoes about the current environment and my character was just thinking "Oh shite, I think I'm gonna get in some trouble over this one".
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Quite a few have been HRPT's, yes.
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!