The Player Wish List

Started by Krath, August 19, 2004, 01:12:26 PM

Going off of the post in the Staff Announcements.

I would gladly ask for AI in NPCs, so you always have someone to play with, start plots, etc etc.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

em evilly wiggles her fingers and shoots Krath with a fireball

You stole my wish!  :P

Well, I'd already be happy if the AI generated some sort of daily activity for NPCs and responded realistically to simple actions and interactions... NPCs would no longer be static, but move around and do their own thing, emote wrinkling their nose at a halfbreed PC, and yell at the burglar who just stepped out of their house.

(And if you were thinking about AI animated NPC prostitutes now, go sit in a corner and feel ashamed).

Adit to add another thought: NPCs could complain about feeling a sudden chill whenever Halaster sneaks into the room...  8)

I'd actually go with the crafting, myself.  I think it would be really cool to be able to have...

> craft stone string
You could make a teardrop-shaped grey stone pendant from that.
You could make a square grey stone pendant from that.
You could make a pentagon-shaped grey stone pendant from that.
You could make a string wrapped around a grey stone from that.

In general, I'd just like to see about...twice the number of clothes and jewels that we have right now, and that way we can have everyone dressed like they should be.

Rotten leather and cottons for the 'rinthi, faded cottons/sandcloths for low class, linen and cheap lace for middle class, silk embroidered, lined, adorned or whatevered clothes for merchants, and live erdlu for nobles.  Then we can have the price of noble clothing go up, and people would truly be wearing their social rank.

Then again, I haven't explored ALL that much, but as a player who currently does urban characters, my preference is toward more objects.  Well, and some NPCs to better crowd the streets and make a better environment.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

1) Rewrite brew/poison.
2) Add injury locations and/or implement Diagnose (or similar).
3) Allow for any staff member at any given moment to fix typos and spelling errors on PCs, NPCs, and room descriptions when they are pointed out via the "typo" command (obviously only actually done if a staff member is -available- to do so).
4) Implement a way to use a mount as a pack animal without requiring the animal to be mounted.
5) Add a link to that neato Google Search on the main Arm website.
6) Add a reasonable movement delay for any NPC soldiers that currently don't have any.
7) Have NPCs who do not live outside cities incur stamina drain when they walk outside the gate, just like everyone else.
8) Speed up inixes just a wee bit, so that it doesn't feel as though we can walk faster than they can run (I realize they -are- faster - but not by enough to really notice). Also, give them a slightly faster recovery time when they get tired.
9) Give me full karma and a steel katana with acid crits +5.
10) Nothing - most lists go up to 10.

That is all.

Some NPCs already have scripted things they do and say.  If you want to see more, why not send the mud a list of things you want to see other NPCs do and say?  Or submit new NPCs that will have those kinds of scripts to do and say things.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"Some NPCs already have scripted things they do and say.  If you want to see more, why not send the mud a list of things you want to see other NPCs do and say?  Or submit new NPCs that will have those kinds of scripts to do and say things.

No, We mean AI. None of this scripting NPCs that think they are PCs.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

QuoteYou could make a string wrapped around a grey stone from that.

Everybody wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

1) SimDesert expanded to other parts of the world.  If I actually had time anymore...*mutters*

2) Automated NPC caravans that go places, both to rent a place on to travel, or to raid.  I submitted a wagon one once, but it never got in.  *sniff*

3) More forageable/skinable items, especially semi rare to very rare ones.  Craftables to go along with them.

4) Fleshing out to currrent creation standards some specific places.  These tend to be out of the way places I'm not going to name, but they are fairly static, and have been the same for years, and are not all that fleshed out.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

1) More players.
2) More attractive female players that live down the street from me.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

More players of course, maybe 100 or so.
I would also want Tuluk back to the way it was during Allanaki occupation, I loved it then and wouldnt play anywhere else.

Maybe some staff dedicated -only- to player interactions and plots.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

I'd have to agree with a larger player base as one of my big wishes.  

Now, as a prologue to my explanation, let me just say I have absolutely no clue about the number of players Arm has, how crafting works or how much players influence in-game prices.  It strikes me, though, that having a large player base would be one of the first steps to getting some type of quasi-player influenced economy where, you know, prices change based on supply and demand and in-game events.  Like, "What? There's a group of PCs who are raiding all caravans leaving Allanak? Damn, that's why my obsidian dagger cost 10,000 'sid up in Tuluk."  But, yeah, having an economy that mimics the real world would be nifty.
quote]
The one-celled, sultry amoeba says: "Oooh, baby. Yeah."
The one-celled, sultry amoeba moans in ecstasy.
The one-celled, sultry amoeba splits in half, shuddering with pleasure.[/quote]

QuoteSimDesert expanded to other parts of the world.

Me too.

QuoteAutomated NPC caravans that go places, both to rent a place on to travel, or to raid.

Got me there too.

QuoteRewrite brew/poison.

Hell yeah!

QuoteMore players of course

You betcha!

QuoteMaybe some staff dedicated -only- to player interactions and plots.

Sounds like chocolate-covered,sugary and wild-crazy sex to me.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote3) Allow for any staff member at any given moment to fix typos and spelling errors on PCs, NPCs, and room descriptions when they are pointed out via the "typo" command (obviously only actually done if a staff member is -available- to do so).

Actually, this is largely in-game already. Many typos that are reported, get fixed during the week, on the fly. Indeed, typos on PCs can obviously -only- be fixed during the week, since we typically need the PCs there to fix them. However, only some staff can fix typos on PCs.
Tlaloc
Legend

I'd like to see that environment script thing that Halaster has going get all ironed out and applied to more areas.  It sounds pretty neat.

Quote from: "Krath"No, We mean AI. None of this scripting NPCs that think they are PCs.
Can I ask what you mean by that? When someone says AI I assume they mean scripts that cause NPCs to act in a more realistic manner. Just curious :)

better NPC ai

automated NPC wagon caravans

force noble and merchant houses to move goods via caravans - for example, make Kurac PC responsible for moving spice from RS to TL on the reg or lose profits.

masks and face wraps that hide mdescs

brawl code combat in any location

more players

automated raiding parties

animals that flee realistically making "hunt" worthwhile for use on an npc.  (you know you just look in all directions on a clear day...admit it)

hemote

Four levels of injury: Minor - slowly bleeding to death - mortally wounded

A COPY OF THE CODE
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "mansa"1) More players.
2) More attractive female players that live down the street from me.

Mmmm... I agree w/ you mansa... after we make the code that allows us
to punt you in your nuts.

Quote from: "Twilight"

2) Automated NPC caravans that go places, both to rent a place on to travel, or to raid.  I submitted a wagon one once, but it never got in.  *sniff*

I think this idea should be fully fleshed out. It would be exceptionally interesting if you could pay a hefty price for a guarded caravan trip to any of the city-states including Luirs Outpost and Red Storm Outpost. Perhaps three or four NPC guards could be stationed inside the wagon, fairly strong as to fight off gith and/or raiders. This could also open up a pretty decent idea about the pages. This service could be run by one of the Noble Houses, and this would be one way of having a messenger type deal going on for communication from city-to-city... Sorry to derail.

*EDIT* I also realize that the T'zai Byn offer this service, and that could be the cheaper alternative to this caravan trip with substandard guardsman such as the "shit-cloaks." And to make this even more interesting, if you could band together a bunch of damn good hunters together and raid these caravans, but make this task very difficult so that two hunters can't just take over 10 caravans in an IC week and just grin as the former caravan guardsman run away in fear or are slaughtered within seconds.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

I'm pretty sure the Byn would be the prefered alternative, in contrast to a  buncha ninny noble house trained scrub guardsman.

The trouble with having them be raided is who is going to hear about it and come after the raiders? Do NPCs that get away tell their superiors?

Oh wait, this is the wishlist.

I just want more players. Thanks. (VOTE MORE. TELL YOUR FRIENDS.)

Quote from: "Ammit"
Quote from: "Krath"No, We mean AI. None of this scripting NPCs that think they are PCs.
Can I ask what you mean by that? When someone says AI I assume they mean scripts that cause NPCs to act in a more realistic manner. Just curious :)

We mean the sort of AI that is impossible to code at the moment, and would allow an NPC to think and act beyond the borders of predefined scripts. For example, he might suddenly become friends with another NPC and go sit in a tavern with him, and start talking about some stuff that was never directly scripted into his brain.

Quote from: "Akaramu"
Quote from: "Ammit"

We mean the sort of AI that is impossible to code at the moment, and would allow an NPC to think and act beyond the borders of predefined scripts. For example, he might suddenly become friends with another NPC and go sit in a tavern with him, and start talking about some stuff that was never directly scripted into his brain.

i.e.
http://www.jabberwacky.com/

AI vs Scripts

I tend to think of AI as the stuff that is in the source code itself.  Like the stuff that determines how NPCs use their skills in combat.  Scripts are more specific, and lay out a pattern of actions to do.

Wagon

The wagon I submitted had T'zai Byn in it, after all, exactly who are you going to hire that you can trust to guard your wagon?  Unfortunately, I no longer have the files myself *sniff*

Other things I would want:

More RL time to make stuff for the mud.

APM in California.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Aaah, thanks for clearing that up :)