Suggested tweak to crimcode

Started by Pariah, November 02, 2023, 07:36:20 PM

I remember being a cool ass Guilder and decided to take a meeting with a Kadian southside. I chose a different-than-normal bar to go to because I knew I shouldn't be stool-stooping at the Gaj.

Then a VERY BIRD-BRAINS DICK-HEADED (literally lol) TEMPLAR decided to walk by and apparently was like "Huh, that man has a very vermin-like face. RATFACE GET OUT HERE" and then I died.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I would like to know which account has the MOST CHARACTERS killed in either the jails or the arena.

I bet it's me.

I will say in all my failed criminals in the past, I think it was because I was trying to steal from shopkeeper NPCs, someone said once in Discord that they are like insta-fails for steal no matter what your skill is.

I've also had some very tolerant templars too.  Because I end up in jail, and they are like, this is five times this week...

But eventually they always end up killing me.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

I consider it a critical fail because you are openly revealed to the target. They are given your sdesc. But the message after may be a separate roll from the skill, because the message of the failure and what the target sees is the same on that fail whether you're crimcoded or not.

Success, you get the thing, no echoes.
Fail, target receives warning of attempt but no info.
Critical Fail, the whole room receives an echo and sdesc is given in that echo.

THEN, there is a followup message to the thief regarding whether they are crimcoded, either 'You're now wanted!' Or 'People notice, then look away.' The second message is what I'm saying might not actually take surroundings into account, and may just be a separate roll of its own. I can't be sure of mechanics here, whether it's all tied to the skill, if it's a separate roll, but they do seem separated from each other. My point was that if that portion does not care about the environment, it would explain why you've seen that with a soldier in the room.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Push code!
Push shadow (you push someone aside)
Shadow person gets (that person pushes you aside)

None aggro but could cause a role play scene easy
Just having fun.

Quote from: Wday on November 12, 2023, 12:12:33 PMPush code!
Push shadow (you push someone aside)
Shadow person gets (that person pushes you aside)

None aggro but could cause a role play scene easy

This reminds me of the old command, 'touch'.

There was a skill check to determine if someone can touch you or not.  Some players would use that skill check as a pass/fail for power-emoting physical combat, until it was explicitly stated that was not the use of that command.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Miradus on November 08, 2023, 01:52:27 PMI would like to know which account has the MOST CHARACTERS killed in either the jails or the arena.

I bet it's me.

You are SO GOOD AT IT.

8)
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.