Recent Poison Updates Questions

Started by mansa, July 10, 2022, 11:50:18 AM

Quote from: Pariah on December 04, 2022, 09:04:27 PM
Quote from: Brokkr on December 04, 2022, 06:15:42 PM
Quote from: Pariah on December 04, 2022, 12:58:14 PM
What do you guys think?

I think you haven't played around with the system enough.

Store generated common cures exist for at least a couple of poisons.  You can analyze those to get the tastes, as they are exactly the same for the crafted cures.

You can, and always have been able to, assess crafted mashes to see if they are a poison, if you have the appropriate skill to tell whether poison objects are poison.  The messages are exactly the same, making it easy to know which mashes are which poisons, if you know which poisons are which poisons.  Even if you do not have the poisoning skill, a mash + poison object will only produce a possible crafting result if the mash is the poison type of the poison object.

That basically leaves more advanced cures as the only things that have any difficulty at all to figure out by yourself.
This is so hard to talk about without spoiling and I'm probably just being dense and not getting it.

But how are you expected to find the poison/cure mashes for things that aren't the common cures when there is SOOOOO many herbs, are you just expected to try all the combinations of five herbs, like Herb a Herb b Herb c Herb d Herb e and then B F G H I and keep going till you figure it out? Seems like a lot of wasted herbs to make things taste like ash.

It seems like a metric ton of combinations for the handful of cures/poisons.

To put it simply:

Of the 1000s of herbs you're talking about, they are categorized into like... 6 or 7 categories. When you engage with the system, you'll notice that two totally different herbs from completely different sources .... have the same general effect on cures and poisons.

Not to echo the sniping, but engage with the system. I'm not saying its EASY, but its not as hard as you are theory-crafting it out to be.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

In regards to "vet knowledge", something to remember is they didn't always have that knowledge.  They discovered it and figured it out, and so can you!
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

December 05, 2022, 10:40:06 AM #202 Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 10:44:36 AM by Agent_137
IMO the system is not designed to be discoverable by doing random combinations.

We are practically restricted to the already mentioned approaches:
1. Pay someone to teach you ICly
2. Buy some cures and analyze them

I'm fine with it. It's not the only thing in this game that's designed to require player interaction at least once in your entire career to figure out.

Between the sniping and reporting, with people arguing "this is true" "no that is true" - it looks like we've exhausted this topic.
Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
[10:29 AM]
I'll be quoted
[10:29 AM]
but Hestia is right