Daughter/Woman Discussion

Started by Brokkr, July 18, 2021, 11:55:48 AM

Thanks for writing these up and posting them for the player base. Keep feeding me please.

I would like to know more about the Thryzn
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Thryzn have a vaguely mantis like name?

Quote from: tiny rainbow on September 02, 2019, 03:18:33 PM
Quote from: number13 on September 02, 2019, 11:45:10 AM
http://old.armageddon.org/general/mutant.html
QuoteMutations abound on the surface of Zalanthas, and many have gone so far as to become species in and of their own right, such as the deadly psionic gaj, the Thryzn who assisted in freeing the north, the animate cacti known as Thornwalkers, and the fierce insectoid kryl.

Quote from: Angela Christine on July 25, 2006, 06:49:12 AM
http://www.armageddon.org/general/mutant.html

Mutants are supposed to seem to be more common along the shore of the silt sea, and Allanak is certainly much closer to the sea than Tuluk.  My general impression was that. prior to the importation of the Thryzn, mutants were more common in Allanak than Tuluk.  PCs are never Thryzn, so there is no reason for mutant PCs to be more common in the north than in the south.  Perhaps slightly more accepted, but not more common.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on July 27, 2021, 01:12:55 PM
Quote from: tiny rainbow on September 02, 2019, 03:18:33 PM
Quote from: number13 on September 02, 2019, 11:45:10 AM
http://old.armageddon.org/general/mutant.html
QuoteMutations abound on the surface of Zalanthas, and many have gone so far as to become species in and of their own right, such as the deadly psionic gaj, the Thryzn who assisted in freeing the north, the animate cacti known as Thornwalkers, and the fierce insectoid kryl.

Quote from: Angela Christine on July 25, 2006, 06:49:12 AM
http://www.armageddon.org/general/mutant.html

Mutants are supposed to seem to be more common along the shore of the silt sea, and Allanak is certainly much closer to the sea than Tuluk.  My general impression was that. prior to the importation of the Thryzn, mutants were more common in Allanak than Tuluk.  PCs are never Thryzn, so there is no reason for mutant PCs to be more common in the north than in the south.  Perhaps slightly more accepted, but not more common.

Oh, interesting. Thank you.

Is anyone else wondering why thousands of them just killed themselves and their children?

Quote from: Rashad on July 28, 2021, 06:56:17 AM
Is anyone else wondering why thousands of them just killed themselves and their children?

As I understand it, they worship this tree that Yaraya brought from the Archives. Whatever it is, it is a holy symbol for them, and they are sacrificing themselves for whatever "guardian" trope she is, to the tree itself.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Rashad on July 28, 2021, 06:56:17 AM
They're linked to the tree which is of a similar nature to the one the Archivists had, but bigger and more than one person is linked to it. She seemed to use this link to compel them to death, combined with their inclination towards fire and hopes and etc

They worship fire as well.  Have monthly rituals where they jump through bonfires. The highest, "holiest" among their society wield control over fire. Basically, they make the Sun Runners look like punks.

Can confirm, Thryzn are no fucking joke.

... what if they "elven outpost" the Keep? What a cool new place to visit. Excellent work on the story, and wow.

The Queen.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I love this story!!!
Just having fun.

RIP king
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on July 28, 2021, 03:01:19 PM
... what if they "elven outpost" the Keep? What a cool new place to visit. Excellent work on the story, and wow.

The Queen.

I kind of wished Luir's was taken over by her than Allanak.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Was Papoulis the man on the salt flats ?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

He should've made like a tree and got the fuck outta there.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I'm not really going to comment on the story itself further but I just wanted to say thank you to Brokkr for doing this and trusting the community with this information instead of closely guarding it.  I hope staff gets lots of positive feedback and we'll see more things like this in the future.  As someone who hasn't played in about a year, it's helpful in considering a return as well to understand the state of the current game.

I'm glad the childish ageist attacks on the character were pretty much a one off thing, I know it's possible because I've been there :)

The story feels like it's something that's really onto the current dreaming culturally:) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious
Quoteancient primal symbols such as The Great Mother, the Wise Old Man, the Shadow, the Tower, Water, and the Tree of Life.

:D

Quote from: Brokkr on July 29, 2021, 07:01:26 AMCurrently in development now by

all of us,

be sure to read the trilogy's epic final story, "Queen" coming in

a decade or two!

"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: Barsook on July 28, 2021, 05:08:09 PM
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on July 28, 2021, 03:01:19 PM

The Queen.

I kind of wished Luir's was taken over by her than Allanak.
Yes, but no.

Allanak left the outpost, so you have to assume that the Outpost is under the control of the GMHs again, without knowing IC factors.

I much prefer a new place to visit. Not live, unless you count being able to quit out there living, but visit. New places to visit suggest the world is breathing and living. I always love that. I don't want to see apartments, or trades, or any of that stuff there, but it would be fucking cool to have a new route to travel to get to the new "place" in the Known, and merchants there offering new stuff or rare stuff, etc, etc.

Is it gonna happen? Probably not. But still it'd be cool. Also, Luir's is a great location for a trade route or for trade entities like the GMHs. It is a horrible place for a new power opposed to the two existing ones to try to take over, from a logistical standpoint.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I am not afraid to admit that I am totally confused as to what the hell you're talking about at all.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: Pariah on July 29, 2021, 02:20:21 AM
I am not afraid to admit that I am totally confused as to what the hell you're talking about at all.

Amen. I'm neurodivergent and ADHD and GAD but I feel that is the closest I have come to looking into the gaze of the Old Ones.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~