Daughter/Woman Discussion

Started by Brokkr, July 18, 2021, 11:55:48 AM

Lots of "behind the scenes" stuff going on, its nice for players to at least see that there's a story to the game.

I don't like that Echri/Luir seems to think Muk and Tek are brothers. You can't do that to me.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I'm down with that prez.

I love the story, I love Yaraya (just like I love Yara Greyjoy, salty short haired b¡itches FTW), but the thread title kept making me think of Daddy - Daughter Roleplay*

* I swear I am not sick in the head I've only tried it because the girl I am seeing is into it. IT WAS HER IDEA. Also on topic cuz: Yara Greyjoy >:}

My horrible joke aside I loved this and all cases where staff share overarching plots like this!
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

10/10 I'd ERP Yaraya given the chance.

* ejects self from conversation *
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

Fucking love that story, Bro(kkr). That was so badass. Website that shit.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on July 21, 2021, 05:20:22 PM

+1
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on July 22, 2021, 08:20:11 AM

+1
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

July 22, 2021, 10:49:29 AM #33 Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 10:51:02 AM by Delirium
Quote from: Barsook on July 22, 2021, 10:14:07 AM
Quote from: valeria on July 22, 2021, 08:20:11 AM

+1

+3

Also, really amazed to figure out just how long some aspects of this plotline have been cooking. I'm happy to sacrifice a little of the speculation at the ongoing mystery to get this (one-sided) peek behind the curtain.

Thanks for making the plot more visible and for all the creative effort and love you all clearly poured into this over literal years. This is why I keep coming back to play this crazy game.

edit: also, I vote Wednesday Addams/Emily Strange for Sorcerer Queen.

Quote...
Protected from the explosion by the same magick her "Master" thought would protect him, the girl looked over the other survivors, picking themselves up with stunned slowness, not yet aware of wounds. "We need to leave now.  Something truly dangerous is coming," she said, and as she noticed the nature of the pieces of wood scattering the area, "Gather all the pieces you can, especially the large ones."

Well, that explains a plot or two.   It feels good to know some of the backstory.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Ooohhhhhhhh.  You thought we were done?

"If she must bleed for her people, she thought, so be it, she would" RAWR YES

there are many ways to bleed for your people!

OMG MORE! Keep me fed please!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Descriptive, yet vague enough not to ruin specific magick mechanics unless you're already familiar with them.

noice.gif

Cool story.  Would be cool if player sorcerers could accomplish as much.

Quote from: SilkyBoi on July 23, 2021, 12:21:54 PM

Its nice to see what happens "behind the scenes" but goddamn... what would happen if a PC Sorceror started teaching sorcery to people around them? Like, goddamn.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on July 23, 2021, 12:35:31 PM

Its nice to see what happens "behind the scenes" but goddamn... what would happen if a PC Sorceror started teaching sorcery to people around them? Like, goddamn.
One of those three Karma folks should float that to staff in a character report about having an apprentice.  If it's done icly why couldn't it happen?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

The story is cool and all, but I think I could do with fewer mentions of how hot fourteen-year-olds might be. Characters' minimum ages were raised for a reason
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Pariah on July 23, 2021, 03:56:43 PM
Quote from: Riev on July 23, 2021, 12:35:31 PM

One of those three Karma folks should float that to staff in a character report about having an apprentice.  If it's done icly why couldn't it happen?

Pretty sure I covered that base.

Quote from: Brokkr on July 23, 2021, 11:13:30 AM
   Looking somewhat surprised, Papolaos turned to Yaraya, "With only eight, there is a high chance that none of them will be suitable to learn my arts."

Quote from: Patuk on July 23, 2021, 04:27:10 PM
The story is cool and all, but I think I could do with fewer mentions of how hot fourteen-year-olds might be. Characters' minimum ages were raised for a reason

::)

Read Game of Thrones and get back to me.

Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Veselka on July 23, 2021, 07:03:03 PM
Quote from: Patuk on July 23, 2021, 04:27:10 PM

::)

Read Game of Thrones and get back to me.

Tyrion Lannister is 24 in the first book.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

How about we keep personal politics and feelings out of the make belief story someone went to effort to produce for you.

Don't be a Karen or Kyle pointing out everything you think is wrong.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

This was great. Great story, great chance for players to show staff they can be trusted with IC/OOC separation, and for staff to be able to continue sharing like this. Had a blast reading it!
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

July 23, 2021, 11:13:11 PM #48 Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:15:25 PM by Cabooze
Quote from: Pariah on July 23, 2021, 09:30:10 PM
How about we keep personal politics and feelings out of the make belief story someone went to effort to produce for you.

Don't be a Karen or Kyle pointing out everything you think is wrong.

This is a discussion thread, there's nothing wrong with someone posting their personal opinions* on the content provided (*having reservations in the writer's word choice is not political, and it's poor form to insult someone for saying something you seem to disagree with)

I like the sneak peek behind the scenes, personally. Well written in a short story format with minimal typos and gives players that have since left or taken a break an urge to return (speaking from experience, it's giving me the crackageddon itch). *clap clap* Me gusta

July 24, 2021, 06:43:03 AM #49 Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 07:44:03 AM by Inks
Why are the ages of the characters below the ages of characters allowed (Unless they are 2000 year old angels/dragons in a young girl's body of course)? Is like an anime wagon of superpowered barely teen girls. Experience and skill does come with age whether anime likes it or not.

I thought the first part was very well written, anyway. And the pacing was good. Clearly this was proof read and care was taken in writing it. It is possible I just have ptsd from all these anime girls I see ig who know everything and never rp pain or injuries when you smash them around the sparring ring (after waiting for their 3 line naruto emote) and are always scarless and young after years in combat roles.

Arm needs less flawless, powerful, plucky, genius and of course kawaii teens.