Karma assessment.

Started by Harmless, July 28, 2014, 06:56:49 PM

case I like your characters
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Thanks IF, now I wanna make a Corporal Nobbs style military man.

Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Case on August 02, 2014, 03:27:49 AM
I have very limited tastes in roles I like to play. And have fewer things I play well. I also communicate poorly, either too emotionally, or not enough or clearly enough. I've done all right with karma but I gave up having the chance to play my dream roles a while ago - both from a feeling I won't ever get there and the belief I won't be able to rp well enough with things I don't enjoy well enough to justify it.

Honestly, I think the karma system is fair and reasonable - staff have been very patient and tolerant of me, if not supportive and very helpful and caring. We just have to come to terms with the idea we can't play whatever we want when we want, or even that we might not be as good as we think. So were I to return, I'd play and enjoy what I have, because at the end of the day, it's just a game and it owes me nothing.

Very well said.  I too have a "limited taste in roles," particularly over the last two or three years.  It's gotten to where when a character I was really into dies, it'll me 2-6 months before I get into or even try another.  Sometimes trying something "new" will help with this, sometimes it doesn't, but that is the type of player that I am, I guess.  I've been fortunate enough to be allowed to play all the currently available races with some success (weeps a little that I never got to play a gith or halfling, expecially a gith), and most of the classes.  I usually like playing an outsider, either a magicker, a non-human, or both.  I like the built in conflict, and I love the racial quirks that our non-human races offer, even the ones I can't/don't play well.  Back to karma, though: Some of us have devoted untold hours to this game over the span of years to -decades- (march was eight years for me, I think).  The two positive OOC feedbacks/achievements/accomplishments we get that are for -us- and not our PCs are Karma and Kudos.  These make us feel good, happy, fulfilled with the work we put into this never-ending story that we all know, love and hate.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.