Enslave me!

Started by John, July 04, 2003, 09:25:57 AM

Do you think it's a good idea? (see first post)

Yes
28 (37.8%)
No
23 (31.1%)
Maybe
9 (12.2%)
Woodchuck?
14 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: July 04, 2003, 09:25:57 AM

For ages now I've wished there was some way for me to get enslaved. Perhaps a way to implement it would be to have it so you set it as a flag like the review flag and then when members of certain clans (such as Winrothol and Borsail) ass -v'd you it would come up with

the man is taller then you
the man is heavier then you
the man is in excellent
the man looks tired
the man is willing to be enslaved

so then PCs could let people know they are OOCly fine with being enslaved (because I've yet to play a char who wants to be enslaved :P). I think it would allow for a lot more roles and fun in the game (such as the risk of being enslaved (which is nill atm), slave trainers, slave capturers, slaves) as all of those things are extremely limited.

Any other slavers would need to mail the mud account to be added to a misc slave clan which would have no code benefits or board benefits but it would let you ass -v people and see if they're willing to be enslaved ;) It'd also let the Imms know of anyone trying to enslave PCs (don't know if it's not allowed without Imm supervision or not)

What do people think? (It wouldn't take much coding I imagine as it's just like the review flag)

It is not a bad idea, but wouldn't it suffice to put it in the objective and maybe e-mail to the clan imm of the clan you wish to enslave you?
f time conversions are giving you a head-ache, visit: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

Quote from: "Sandferret"wouldn't it suffice to put it in the objective and maybe e-mail to the clan imm of the clan you wish to enslave you?
Yeah, but that requires more Imm work, and also, unless the Imms let players know of the clan EVERY person who can be enslaved (and their characters various names and sdescs which would change) then it would be a lot more difficult.

Also, just because you OOCly don't mind if your enslaved, it doesn't mean you will be ;)

Actually, I like that idea, It would allow another facet risk to the game and allow RP that currently does not really exist.

Of course, the difference being that, now, as a player you have to activly seek to have a slave char in an ooc fashion, Johns idea would allow you to simply aknowledge that being made a slave is a possibility in game and that the player is willing to abide by this -IF- it was to happen.

Odds are it would not happen, but the possibility would be there. Also, it does not mean that the char with the slave consent flag on would not do everything in his power to -not- be made a slave. But it would allow for smoother RP of the event if it was to happen.

Hey, did I put that well enough John?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I don't like this but haven't voted yet as well, I'm not quite sure.
My problem with it would be that people might feel they aren't in any instance allowed to enslave someone who doesn't have that flag turned on.

I feel it's a step in the direction of having On/Off flags for allowing PKs and mutilations.

Quote from: "X-D"did I put that well enough John?
Thanks X-D

Quote from: "Northlander"My problem with it would be that people might feel they aren't in any instance allowed to enslave someone who doesn't have that flag turned on.
Are they allowed to? Playing a slave means there is a LOT of solo-rping time and idle time. I wouldn't want to force anyone into that position. Sure ICly Templars can enslave anyone they want, but OOCly I thought they weren't allowed to enslave PCs without organising it beforehand?

Krath if I know.. I think an OOC is recommended somewhere.
And I don't agree with you about how playing a slave necessarily means all that much solo-RP and idle time.. It all depends on your master. I further believe people wouldn't enslave PCs unless they actually had things for them to do.

And no, I haven't voted yet.

I really like the idea of being enslaved IC. even with my current char...itd be intresting.
Veteran Newbie

I'm leaning to the 'no' side of things on this one, John.

First of all, people can be enslaved IC. It's not impossible, I've even seen it happen once in my short time being here. All you have to do is make a templar real uncomfortable...

But I'd have to agree with Northlander that a 'don't enslave me!' flag is a bit hack 'n slashy.

Furthermore, I don't think most slave capturing would take place in Allanak. "Hey, Joe. We need three new slaves before Detal. Let's go down to the Gaj and grab a few, okay? And maybe a mug?"

No. Slaving, I believe, would consist of raiding tribal encampments, or forcing criminals or 'unsavory characters' into the role. Of course, everything would need a way of being sorted out OOC. If a player adamantly believes they couldn't play a slave well, then I'm sure they slavers could politely 'slip up', and let that one little 'rinth rat they caught pocketing go. All in all, I think they reason we don't see much slaving is because people just aren't interested in it. If we say a boost in PC slave traders and such, I'm sure they'd find a deal to make it work. Maybe strike a deal with the templarate to 'acquire' a few criminals every once in a while? Maybe they grab a sword, a whip and cage and go out to a tribe's land and just wait? Bribe a poor family? Whatever. My opinion is, this idea wouldn't help anything.

Sorry John...
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Hey, someone who agrees with me. I'll agree with me as well and cast my vote.

I dunno.  In a society like Allanak's with a well set up, completely unbalanced hierarchy, it seems to me that it makes -very- little impact that each and any commoner scrambling out of that Borsail's way could be enslaved for kicking up dust in his face.  It makes -very- little impact that at that noble's whim, talking shit to his wyvern guard could get you into the career of wiping ass, giving pleasure, or dying in the arena.  After all, they're SLAVERS.  Wouldn't that mean that they make people...slaves? :idea:

I personally feel that slaving is -under- done.  I remember once when I played a 'rinther, some imm did an echo of a templar just outside the labyrinth, just him leaving with a bunch of low-class population and slavers.  Whaddya think they were doing?  :roll:

The only apparent reason I can find for the lack of slaving around civilization as opposed to in tribal settlements is that then slavers have to deal with PC's.  Most of which would be -very- upset at losing their character to slavery at someone else's whim, being pushed into complete submission that completely changes their character concept, and being doomed to different (not necessarily worse, but they don't wanna try it out) RP.

In other words, I'm in favor of this idea.  ANYTHING to give them slavers something to do, those bounty hunters something to help with,  and the people who -already- have the balls and innovation to play a slave someone else to relate to.

Ciao.  8)
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

This all sounds like too much trouble to me.  Especially when you consider how easy escape would be, why would anyone want a slave who hasn't undergone conditioning?  And who (as a PC) would -want- to RP all of that?

I think that if you really want to play a slave, special app one.

You get enslaved, you aren't just instantly put in a situation you can escape from.  You're broken.

And...escaped slaves is -more- jobs for people to do...i.e. Bounty Hunters, Slavers...did you even read my last post?  :shock:
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I like the premise behind the idea, and I think that PCs should be enslaved more often (as an alternative to death-by-arena or being disappeared).  However, slave roleplay is demanding on both slave and owner, and not everyone wants to deal with it.

BTW, in cities, Borsail and Winrothol cannot enslave people, only templars can (but they can then make a deal with the slaving House if they don't want to train the slave themselves).  Borsail and Winrothol only directly capture slaves on outside raids (although they can always make a deal with a templar to enslave your disrespectful ass).

However, I agree with Armaddict that this would be a good opportunity to create more roles: slavers, slave trainers, etc.  These roles would add more flavor and diversity to the game, so that the choice of which House to sign up with is about more than who recruits first and who has the best uniform colors.

And for Moe: You ask who would want to RP these things--I think plenty of people would, maybe not you, but I'd love to play a slaver, a bounty hunter, an enslaved smart-mouth or any number of different slavery-related roles.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "John"For ages now I've wished there was some way for me to get enslaved.

John, I think what you need is a good Mistress.   :wink:
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I voted no, which tied it up (8v8)

I think that everyone should be willing to accept that their characters can be enslaved, just like characters can be killed. If your character is enslaved and you, the player don't like it, then retire or something. I know that at any time, some templar or whatever can come along and enslave my characters. Most of mine are the kind that would just say 'Sure, enslave me rather than kill me' and run down to Red Storm/Luir's when the guy was looking the other way. In Zalanthas, if you want to disappear, you can.

Second, I think it'd just be...creepy and constantly in my face. It would feel too much like someone wants some hot S&M if I see "They are willing to be enslaved" in their assess.

>The tall, golden-haired man winks at you.

>emote glances to his left, then his right, then points at himself and arches a brow as his gaze returns to ~golden
The slender, agafari-haired guy glances to his left, then his right, then points to himself and arches a brow as his gaze returns to ~golden

>The tall, golden-haired stud smiles wickedly and nods.

>assess -v stud
He is younger than you
He is quite a bit taller than you.
He is heavier than you
The tall, golden-haired man is in excellent condition.
The tall, golden-haired man looks completely rested.
The tall, golden-haired man is willing to be enslaved

>think Aw crap.
You think, 'Aw crap.'
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"Sorry John...
Don't have to apologise.

Is there an Imm's response on enslaving people? I've personally never seen someone enslaved, and the enslaving thing wouldn't only be restricted to PCs. It would be more then possible to enslave people en-route/tribals, hunters, although it would take more effort with buying spies to keep track of them, trackers (track down tribals). Imagine not being scared of going hunting with that stranger because he'll kill you, but being scared because he'll sell your ass to the Wyverns you just saw leaving.

Quote from: "Maurader Moe"when you consider how easy escape would be, why would anyone want a slave who hasn't undergone conditioning? And who (as a PC) would -want- to RP all of that?
Escape would probably be fairly easy if you twinked out. It would be next to impossible if you RP'd properly. Most slaves probably aren't captured as children or bred. Once they're broken, they would provide many useful skills. And as for RPing out being broken, I wouldn't mind RPing that out, as long as it wasn't detailed. There are undetailed ways to RP it ;)

Just my 2 'sid

Quote from: "Arm Slave Docs"Capture (caught slaves): One quarter of slaves were captured or sold into slavery at such an advanced age that they retain memories of freedom. These slaves are typically regarded as a greater risk than either born or caught slaves and as such are far less likely to be given privileges or become elevated in rank.

Quote from: "John"Escape would probably be fairly easy if you twinked out. It would be next to impossible if you RP'd properly. Most slaves probably aren't captured as children or bred. Once they're broken, they would provide many useful skills. And as for RPing out being broken, I wouldn't mind RPing that out, as long as it wasn't detailed. There are undetailed ways to RP it

I disagree. Allanak is a HUGE city. Losing someone, RP-wise, isn't hard to do. Go to New York City or another metropolitan-type area. Look at one person. Now spend time trying to track them down. You can't use modern technology and you have to describe them (no sketches or pictures). How many people do you think are going to know that 'guy with the brown hair and the blue eyes and glasses, light skin?' How successful do you think you're going to be? Now throw in the fact that you're a member of an oppressive government that nobody really likes.

It's not 'twinkish' to escape (physically, that is). If you mean emotionally, well look at how the slaves escaped in America using the Underground Railroad. They were born and brought in and they still tried to escape (and successfully did), even though they may have faced a harsher life in the north and death. They still valued their freedom above all.
Carnage

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

Quote from: "Carnage"I disagree. Allanak is a HUGE city. Losing someone, RP-wise, isn't hard to do.
First lock the person up in jail with guards constantly around who are use to having prisoners try to escape. Then try to have the person escape. I imagine it wouldn't be too easy.

Quote from: "Carnage"It's not 'twinkish' to escape (physically, that is).
Once they're locked up in the slave pens I imagine it would be fairly difficult to escape ICly. Now once their training is over that's another story as well as when they're being transported to the slaving pens. Those would be the easiest times to escape.

Quote from: "Carnage"you have to describe them (no sketches).
Why no sketches? Hmmmm. That brings up another question. Should sketches of people be used when trying to capture them? I imagine up north they would be used a lot more then down south.

Quote from: "Carnage"Now throw in the fact that you're a member of an oppressive government that nobody really likes.
Do people really dislike the Sun King/Highlord? I thought the majority (51% :P) of people wouldn't really think about it nor care. Sure noamds, rich merchants, Red Stormers  and Outposters wouldn't like them, but what about the rest?

QuoteOnce they're locked up in the slave pens I imagine it would be fairly difficult to escape ICly. Now once their training is over that's another story as well as when they're being transported to the slaving pens. Those would be the easiest times to escape.

First of all, you didn't say anything about location and that they were in prison or the slave pens. Second, you'd have to really want someone to be in prison. You're allocating at least two (taking shifts to sleep and eat), if not more to watch over a single person. They've got 100% of their time dedicated to it, time that could be spent elsewhere. Second, keeping someone in prison costs money since you're feeding them and paying the guards. Third, it'll cost even more money to have them 'trained'. All under the risk that, when you least suspect it, they'll run away and you'll have wasted all that money. Not to mention that they'll probably do most jobs half-assed that a paid and happy person could do better.

You have to ask: why bother? It's a lot easier to kill someone. Maybe if you want them as a trophy? I could see it being done to a noble that wandered into the wrong citystate, but not to Joe Rinthi the Elven Pickpocket who nobody cares about. A majority of the playerbase aren't worth being enslaved. And the ones that are are too dangerous.

QuoteWhy no sketches? Hmmmm. That brings up another question. Should sketches of people be used when trying to capture them? I imagine up north they would be used a lot more then down south.

How many paintings have you seen in Allanak? Allanak isn't known for the arts. In fact, I doubt there are many people who could draw a decent stick figure, much less produce a sketch based on the description you give them. Becoming an artist is a lot harder for a Zalanthan person than an earth one. It takes time, money, devotion, and they don't have the finer controls with a pen/brush that we do, since we grew up with holding pencils in our hand. A sketch is probably going to cost a lot to make. Once again, do you really care enough to spend all this money because that guy took five 'sid from you and you want to make a point?

QuoteDo people really dislike the Sun King/Highlord? I thought the majority (51% ) of people wouldn't really think about it nor care. Sure noamds, rich merchants, Red Stormers and Outposters wouldn't like them, but what about the rest?

From the What You Know - Allanak docs:

"The life of an Allanaki citizen is one of strife--expensive and degenerate living conditions, a nearly omnipotent ruler and His Templars watching your every move, and no place to hide except the burning wastelands outside the city gates. Highlord Tektolnes inspires a silent paranoia in all of his subjects, and thus has remained unchallenged during his multi-millenial reign. Most Allanakis are slaves belonging to the nobles and Templars, and the commoners are usually of the merchant class or soldiers in Tektolnes' army. The rest of the population earn their living in less honest ways."

Basically, you're living in a shithole with some guy watching every step you take. It doesn't sound like such a great place to me. While yes, the documents also state that many commoners work in Tektolnes' army, I wouldn't necessarily say that means he's liked. The choice seems to be either have a talent, starve, live the very short life of a criminal, or join the army. The only reason a revolution really hasn't occurred is because of the power Tektolnes wields. He reminds everyone who enters his city state of that every day. Look at the steel dragon above the gates, with the DWARF MADE OF OBSIDIAN IN ITS MOUTH. If that's not a message, I don't know what is :P
Carnage

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'm so going to have to disagree with Carnage. A slave wouldn't be just allowed out anywhere(Or with privilages) if they are an escape risk. Also, the black people weren't the only people that didn't like slavery, there was lots of people that weren't slaves that helped to instigate things.

Also, noone likes the government? Thats what you get when you look at all the PCs it seems. But in my opinion, almost everyone in at least Tuluk and Allanak, back the government, without templars there would be no order, it'd be absolute chaos with 'rinthers and elves all over. It'd be really bad. Also, most all of them worship Tek' or Muk respectively. The government is the God Kings choosen. The beleive that noone likes the governments or anything I beleive is all a PC thing thats gotten out of hand.

As for slavery... You can very well use sketches to find people. No reason you couldn't. Also, most people that would own slaves may not be rich rich but they are most likely going to have lots of contacts, from the lowly 'rinther elf on the corner that keeps track of who goes in and out of their store and sometimes steals things from thieves that rob it, to mercenaries/whores and the rest of the general populace, to high ranking officials/templars and the such. Thats even if it's RPed correctly as even most people that have been free and then enslaved are too afraid to try and escape. They wouldn't just walk off and out the gates. Also got to RP the fact as being an escaped slave they aren't just going to pay to get on a caravan to another city, include the fact that very few people would ever go out into the desert alone, much less know WHERE to go from there, or ever live trying to get there.... Blah blah blah. It goes on and on. If it was always so easy to escape slavery... Most societies in real life, nor in Arm would be built around slavery and flourished greatly.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Okay, I _definitely_ need to go back and read the docs. *goes back and reads them*

Quote from: "Carnage"First of all, you didn't say anything about location and that they were in prison or the slave pens.
Sorry, I've always just assumed that somewhere in Allanak there were slave pens where slaves (such as pleasure slaves) were taught.

Quote from: "Carnage"Second, you'd have to really want someone to be in prison. You're allocating at least two (taking shifts to sleep and eat), if not more to watch over a single person. They've got 100% of their time dedicated to it, time that could be spent elsewhere.
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I didn't mean to allocate someone to watch over one slave. I meant have something (like the Allanaki jails) where a couple of guards watched over a group of slaves (that were locked up).

Quote from: "Carnage"Second, keeping someone in prison costs money since you're feeding them and paying the guards. Third, it'll cost even more money to have them 'trained'. All under the risk that, when you least suspect it, they'll run away and you'll have wasted all that money. Not to mention that they'll probably do most jobs half-assed that a paid and happy person could do better.
Quote from: "[url=http://www.armageddon.org/general/slavery.htmlSlavery on Zalanthas[/url]"]Three quarters of all slaves were born as such, or sold into slavery at such a young age that they remember nothing else.
So that means 1 third is captured. They wouldn't be given roles where they can be trusted to a large degree, but 1 third of all slaves in Allanak are captured in their adulthood (a large number I'd imagine). And yes, it would cost a lot, but it does happen. If you don't put slaves in a "prison" where else are you going to put them?

Quote from: "Carnage"A majority of the playerbase aren't worth being enslaved. And the ones that are are too dangerous.
Well I started talking about slavery in general. But to go back to enslaving players. Yeah, a majority of the playerbase would cause hell. But child players (it happens from time to time) would get probably be easier to enslave and it'd probably be possible to make them forget being free.

Quote from: "Carnage"How many paintings have you seen in Allanak?
Quote from: "Gaj"Stout wooden beams support the panelled roof of the room, each bearing many drawings carved by the patrons of the tavern.
There are also places to buy painting materials.

Quote from: "Carnage"I doubt there are many people who could draw a decent stick figure, much less produce a sketch based on the description you give them.
Quote from: "[url=http://www.armageddon.org/general/slavery.htmlSlavery in Zalanthas[/url]"]A large proportion of the Sun King's army consisted of human or half-giant slave soldiers. While a large proportion of slaves were used for labor or domestic duties, as in Allanak, a significant proportion were slave artisans.
I imagine it would be more common in Tuluk, but I imagine it wouldn't be uncommon.

Quote from: "Carnage"Basically, you're living in a shithole with some guy watching every step you take. It doesn't sound like such a great place to me.
I always see Allanak as a love-hate relationship. Yes they resent the Highlord but they also worship him out of fear. If the Highlord dissapeared what would they do? The entire city would probably turn into the 'rinth. The Highlord does keep everyone relatively safe, and it's a lot better then living under those northern barbarians.

I still don't agree.

Quote a figure on the population, by Sanvean, somewhere a while back (Use search to look for it):
Quote from: "A figure on the population, by Sanvean, somewhere a while back (Use search to look for it)"Allanak has a population of some 500k

Five hundred thousand people. Now, just for a minute, stop thinking of the mapped-out area of Allanak you have in your head. You've got a giant city. Split into six quarters: The elementalists', the commoners' the Bazaar, the Arena, the Merchants', and the Nobles'. There's also the Labyrinth, which is as long as the entire city.

Keep in mind, this isn't an easily spread out place. It's thickly packed, people of all ages. I'm Joe Commoner. Somehow I offend your templarship, who wants to enslave me. I'm being dragged to prison, but manage to escape. Now I can go to one of the seven outlined areas above. Nobles'? Spotted in a second. Merchants'? You'll be picked out just as fast as the Nobles'. Commoners'? Maybe. It's densely packed, diseased, filthy, it has dark alleyways, smells like shit, and is filled with some of those screwed over by your Graciousness. Now factor out nobles from setting out foot there. Some templars, too. The ones you'd really have to avoid would be the Militia. However, you grew up with these guys. You might be friends with some. You could bribe them off or they could owe you a favor, whatever.

Once again, you have to not think in gameterms for this to stop working. In the game, you can just type 'look realname' and you'll know for sure that Abobo is actually that criminal the templar wants. In 'Nak though, they can't do that. They just have some descriptions. Okay, I'll give you your sketch. There's a sketch of you. One, maybe two. Don't count on there being a lot of copies, as everything has to be done by hand. Don't think it's going to be a great indicator, though. I doubt that Nakis have too many variations of the colors we know or all this knowledge of shading and 3D. If you dye or cut your hair, you can already screw up a lot of people. Add a scar, maybe break your nose, try to get a darker tan, and it's going to be hard to pick you out.

Let's say I don't want the commoner's, though. I go to the Elementalist's. I'm a stranger to all of the people there. No one knows who I am. Just some guy that came in. Put on an act or something where I'm real quiet. Don't say anything (ungemmed, or trying to cover up my neck as if shamed). People'll presume you're one of them, just odd. In my opinion, there would be a slight feeling of kinship between magickers and would be more willing to stick together (like how ethnic groups like to stick together). Now add in that people are afraid of elementalists. Militia are going to be nervous about patrolling the area and try to do it fast. Templars also will tend to be on their toes, and a noble wouldn't be caught dead in there.

Then there's the 'Rinth. There are no Militia in the 'Rinth. There are no Templars in the 'Rinth. People are scared of the 'Rinth. If you've got the guts to hide out in the 'Rinth, you should be more afraid of the folks in there than that templar. Chances are you won't survive long in the 'Rinth if you stay there for a long time. I'd say person in cheap garb could survive a few hours in the 'Rinth, on average. Long enough to get that templar off your trail.

Now, add all of this stuff together. All these places to hide. You're just a face in the crowd. Plus, this templar has absolutely no idea if you're dead yet. If you run out into the 'Rinth, I'm sure they're not going to believe you'll survive for long. Hell, they don't even know if you're in the city. If a Naki really, truly wanted to evade capture and was willing to do a lot, I think it's feasible. Is it 'easy'? No, but it's possible and considering the extraordinary will to survive (as said in the docs) that Zalanthas have, it could easily happen.

QuoteSo that means 1 third is captured. They wouldn't be given roles where they can be trusted to a large degree, but 1 third of all slaves in Allanak are captured in their adulthood

No, 25% is captured. Three quarters is 75%. And it's not only adults. It's people who have memories of freedom. Basically adolescent and up.

QuoteWell I started talking about slavery in general. But to go back to enslaving players. Yeah, a majority of the playerbase would cause hell

I take it back. In general, most Zalanthas aren't worth being enslaved. The playerbase represents the better part of Zalanthan society for the most part.

QuoteThere are also places to buy painting materials.

Indeed there are. However, paintings are minute part of society and getting that sketch of the criminal is going to be tough. Paintings in the Gaj are there for a while and going to be admired by a lot of people, plus most likely drawn with creative freedom to the person. However, a templar is telling this person what to draw, they're doing it most likely under time constraints, and they have crude painting materials to work with. It's not going to be shaded well, the colors aren't going to be 100% correct (probably about 70% if they're lucky) and it's most likely going to be done sloppy. I wouldn't have too much faith in this pretty little picture.
Carnage

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

Quote from: "Carnage"I'm being dragged to prison, but manage to escape.
Exactly. Your being dragged. Once your in jail what are your chances of escape?

Quote from: "Carnage"No, 25% is captured. Three quarters is 75%
pffft. Thanks *looks for his brain somewhere*

And if sketches aren't viable? How are people captured at all then? I don't mean game terms, I mean ICly ;)

This has made for a lot more interesting discussion then I thought it would :D

QuoteOnce your in jail what are your chances of escape?

We're not talking about being in jail, we're talking about slavery. I'm sure there are tons of little opportunities to escape during the day. Point into a building and scream, 'OH MY HIGHLORD THAT MAN IS PRACTICING MAGICK!' then run.

The point of all these posts was that there were ways to escape being wanted/captured, not how to get out of jail.

QuoteAnd if sketches aren't viable? How are people captured at all then? I don't mean game terms, I mean ICly

You suspend your disbelief.
Carnage

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"