twitter and weeklyupdates

Started by mansa, October 08, 2009, 03:31:42 PM

Sweet

You should follow #armageddonmud if you have twitter

http://www.twitter.com/armageddonmud

Finally updates the moment they happen shooting off to my phone :) :)
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I meant @armageddonmud

#armageddonmud is a hashtag we could use to bomb twitter to bring it up in stats to get more people interested.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Am I the only one that doesn't use twitter? The only one that thinks it's stupid?
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

No, your not.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: tortall on October 08, 2009, 06:18:31 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't use twitter? The only one that thinks it's stupid?

Not in the least.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Not alone.

No, but I signed up to Twitter just to see this thing, and it seems kind of nifty for people who use Twitter. And as Mansa said, using armageddonmud in tweets will probably get curious people looking at it.

I'll personally get update info from the main site, but it's still handy.

I have a twitter account and never use it.

I have only used it for contests for another game I played during my hiatus from ARM.

That being said, I've been following Arm since they made a twitter account and it's cool to be seeing it put to use.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

I don't twitter, but this is good. I'll follow.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I thought about trying to explain the ways in which twitter can be relevant and interesting and not as banal as it is sometimes percieved/portrayed, and then decided I didn't care quite that much. But if you're interested, ask.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

I like twitter. I hate the fact that CNN is obsessed with twitter. And three dimensional holobroadcasts. And they always shift news towards the center, which is weird.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I have not and will not become a Twat and twitter
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Twitter can be fun, useful, and hilarious.

I don't follow people on Twitter, though.  I have the same sort of reaction to the way it is used in stupid ways (media).
Arm's use of Twitter is an embrace of the useful side of it, moreso now that we can easily add updates to the twitter feed.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

:D wow...twitter is pretty lame..i never even went to that website until now..wow.. :D
well that's what I think anyways, i don't use the site
Mr_Fire-
~Let others screw light bulbs in water faucets. Who cares?~

Wow, mansa, how do you have 71 people following you? That's impressive.

I gave in and made an account. Doubt I'll ever use it for myself though.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

October 17, 2009, 09:29:49 PM #15 Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:13:03 PM by mansa
I have a lot of friends in the high tech industry.
We always jump on the latest thing.

:)

I use twitter because I want to know the instant something is available / updated.  I follow the specific things I want to follow, based on my interests.

You're not the only one who doesn't use Twitter, Tortall.  I've never visited the website, period. 

What you are about to read is opinionated and not nice.  If you like Twitter, I suggest you gleam past the next two paragraphs.

Twitter, and the majority of people who use it, are filled with bullshit.  Who gives a fuck what Ashton Kutcher is doing, and why is it a big deal that John McCain's hot daughter shows her cleavage?  Twitter, in and of itself isn't an evil thing, but thanks to the media and popular people I get sick to my stomach every time I hear the word Twitter.

I boycott Twitter.  I refuse to use some pop-culture fool tool to do what we can already do through zalanthas.org and the GDB.

I don't use twitter either. I don't really have a desire to follow people, or write about the minutae of things I do.

However, a lot of people do choose to use this tool. Since it's an easy process for us to use twitter to send information and market the game to those that like this method of communication, it makes sense to me to use it.

Those who want to read the updates on the web or gdb can. Those that could care less about updates don't have to read those, either :)
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

October 18, 2009, 07:00:58 PM #18 Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:03:57 PM by Sephiroto
Do we really want people who use Twitter (aside from Mansa perhaps) to play Armageddon?

I'm not being 100% serious here, but you know...I'm just saying.

P.S.  I <3 you, Adhira!

Quote from: Sephiroto on October 18, 2009, 07:00:58 PM
Do we really want people who use Twitter (aside from Mansa perhaps) to play Armageddon?

I'm not being 100% serious here, but you know...I'm just saying.

I want it to be on twitter so I know the -INSTANT- something is updated.
It's not a sales pitch.

Quote from: Sephiroto on October 18, 2009, 05:32:58 PM
You're not the only one who doesn't use THE NEWS, Tortall.  I've never visited the website, period. 

What you are about to read is opinionated and not nice.  If you like THE NEWS, I suggest you gleam past the next two paragraphs.

THE WORLD, and the majority of people who LIVE IN it, are filled with bullshit.  Who gives a fuck what Ashton Kutcher is doing, and why is it a big deal that John McCain's hot daughter shows her cleavage?  HUMANITY, in and of itself isn't an evil thing, but thanks to the media and popular people I get sick to my stomach every time I hear the word ASSOCIATED PRESS.

I boycott ASSOCIATED PRESS.  I refuse to use some pop-culture fool tool to do what we can already do through APATHY and MORE APATHY.

fixt

Why do only coders use the twitter account?  Why do they only post code updates? Why not actual staff announcements? Or insights or thoughts?

Staff announcements are what I really need to know - the only thing i'm interested in hearing from Arm these days. (would have been nice to know about that recommended RPT without having to cruise the boards.)

If I wanted code updates i'd use the feed on the homepage! It's a shame this forum doesn't seem to build individual feeds for each discussion folder, then I would hook up with the Staff Announcements feed and be on my merry way.

Know what i mean?

Mansa, do something!

Good idea to post about major RPTs on twitter.  I think we forgot about twitter for that.

Should use it for advertising role calls too.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on November 04, 2009, 03:40:04 PM
Good idea to post about major RPTs on twitter.  I think we forgot about twitter for that.

Should use it for advertising role calls too.

You'd be surprised how many people track that stuff.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Oh, I will do something

However my emails weren't working on the weekend
:eyes saikun morbidly: