Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: jcljules on June 10, 2009, 06:02:57 PM
Quote from: Dan on June 10, 2009, 05:40:12 PM
A well off merchant that doesn't have a few thugs watching their stuff is a waste if you ask me. Your apartment is getting robbed? Hire some security.

I don't think this is very realistic, especially seeing as I think it'd be impossible to find PCs willing to guard apartments all day long when they could be playing more exciting roles. If something like this was automated I'd be in favor of it.

Burgling needs to be more difficult, I agree, but it kind of becomes a vicious cycle when people stop leaving anything of value in their apartments. The burglars have nothing to take, and to survive they're forced to burgle more than they realistically should. As for independent merchants, there should be some way to rent storage, run by Nenyuk perhaps. Security shouldn't be perfect, but it should be better than apartments.

I would love this.

Random tiny wants:

More livable apartments.

Rentable storage with -good- security.

The ability to hire guards to beef up security for apartments/storage units/etc.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Shit Mugs and Cleaning Fluids shouldn't kill people.

It should make them vomit and feel terrible for a day, but it shouldn't -KILL- them.

Just code up a different 'type' of poison for it.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

separating things to bear a realistic weight.
a head of a duskhorn for instance weighs 6ish stones.
separating that gives you a 1stone skull and a 12 stone set of horns.  :-\
Shouldn't the head weigh at least 13?

A pile of bone lengths also separates into an equally heavier weight, even though I imagine you're tossing away scraps to get the useable lengths.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I wish the automated replies the mud sends out didn't sound so rediculas somtimes e.g

>
A monster is here on the ground, stunned, UNABLE TO MOVE

>charge monster
A monster is here on the ground, stunned, UNABLE TO MOVE

>
A monster narrowly evades your charge

I wouldn't mind somthing like "You loose control of your mount and miss *monster*, but wow some things like that really irritate me for some reason.
Someone says: I imagine the festivities have worn you thin... Well good. I plan on leading patrols over the next month, that would turn even your shriveled manhoods into sturdy poles of destruction.

Sometimes,
I wish NPCs at critical health levels would slowly heal up.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I wish lumber jacking and wood processing were separate skills. Makes sense that you don't fall trees with every swings, but you you fail to process wood over half the time... No wonder there's over logging!

Also, when you're near half HP, and you don't need bandaging.... That makes me want to cry.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Sometimes, when thinking of the 35 character limit, I can't help but wish that the length for sdescs was longer. If not for everyone, at least for half-giants and half-elves. It would allow for more flexibility when writing them out. Especially if you're playing a female of one of these races. Leaves you with little to work with, character-wise, as is.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I wish table objects would show their weight capacity like containers.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I wish 'armed' would be treated like a visible status effect–ie,

so-and-so stands here, looking imperious.
- they are armed.

Make it toggle-offable if people don't want to see it. Also, make certain weapons concealable, especially weapons which are hidden within mundane items (like weighted ribbons or sharp hair-picks or the like.)

Lol, I wish that if you pick a lock without a pick, it would tell you that you need one, rather than waiting an hour then tell you that you need one. I got confused with that with my first thief. It would also help if told you if you tried to do stuff like that without having the respective skill. Took me a while to figure that pickpockets didn't start with hide.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I think some sort of "cover" command would be cool. See, I was faced with a situation a little while back...

Arrows were incoming from some baddies a room away. The desc of the room (if I remember correctly) made clear that there'd be a lot of rubble or old buildings lying around. Ruins, anyway. I wish my character could have taken cover behind a rock instead of standing there getting shot like a dumbass. Best I could do was emote my way around it, and emote about the unfortunate failure of it.

Before someone says "use hide!", perfectly concealing yourself is not the same as taking simple cover behind a rock to avoid arrows coming from the north.

I figure it'd look like:

>cover n

You search for a spot to take cover.

You attempt to take cover from incoming projectiles from the north.

And then your ldesc would change so that someone looking in would realize what you have done and maybe try to outmaneuver you. I figure that projectiles coming from a direction that you -aren't- taking cover from would get a bonus or something. Also, it'd put you at a slight disadvantage for melee fighting -- somewhere between sit and stand. And melee combat would take you out of cover... And why not returning fire, too? I don't know... just throwing this out there.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

I'd like to be able to be able to use the "raise hood" command while walking.

Quote from: MarshallDFX on June 23, 2009, 08:46:00 PM
I'd like to be able to be able to use the "raise hood" command while walking.

Yes.  And an emote to go with it.

raise hood (flipping it up nonchalantly and gesturing to his cloaked home-elves to follow him)
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

People who make weapons to be able to identify the weapons type. (piercing, slashing, etc)
This is a really big pain in the rear when people are trying to buy form you and you don't know OOCly which weapon type it is.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The ability to see how many of an item are in stock.  This would not only be useful for just casual shoppers, but also GMH employees who might occasionally waste staff time having them load more items than are needed.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

The ability to force NPCs under your control to save.
Especially after you give them things or change there gear.

The short, bearded man curses under his breath saying something about crashes and shoving things up their figurative asses.
Grebber - One who grebs.

scripts for gambling dice, in single, pairs, threes, and fives.

a kruth reading script like tarot cards, displaying if one is upside right or upsidedown.

More talk scripts for NPCs. Especially NPCs in tribal encampments, Ptar Ken, clan barracks, etc. It'd be a great way to disseminate IC history, and give iso players a little direction with their roleplay. Also, the talk script, in general, is just plain nifty, and should be used more.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I think that "By what name dost thou wish to hail?" at char creation should be changed. Zalanthans don't talk like that :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Poison does not seem to work in regular combat or with the backstab command any longer, though it did at one point, after a fix, and then soon ceased working once more. I've bugged it a few times over the last RL year or so.

I've had knives I've used in regular combat for RL months that never lost their coat of poison.

If there's a mundane, non-combat way to clean a knife of poison, it'd sure be awesome to know about.

I want to be able to do coded actions when I'm following someone who's spamwalking.

Currently, you can't follow self, get, put, attack, flee, etc. when following someone who's spamming until they're done.

That's not to say I'm against spamwalking, I just wish spamfollowers weren't completely helpless.

I've thought it would be neat if you could somehow command emote a knock, to get a custom effect. So if you want your knock to be a sharp rapping, or a a single door-shaking thud, you could do that. Don't ask me how it would work, but I just think it would be cool.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I want sawdust in outdoors rooms to blow away if there is some wind.

Unhitch all!

Doesn't affect shadowers.

If a blade has poison on it, and that blade cuts someone, they should be poisoned.