Download Infobar 3.2 \ Graphical Status Bar for MUSHclient

Started by Agent_137, April 09, 2009, 02:51:29 PM

QuoteSeems like there are some encoding issued under WINE. A pity really.

default fonts are different for windows/wine. Have you already tried that? I've gotten mushclient working on Wine before on linux, if not mac. Is it just the infobar that has a problem, or all of mushclient?

April 23, 2009, 02:15:27 PM #26 Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:49:27 PM by alicedavignon
Quote from: Agent_137 on April 23, 2009, 01:30:53 PM
QuoteSeems like there are some encoding issued under WINE. A pity really.

default fonts are different for windows/wine. Have you already tried that? I've gotten mushclient working on Wine before on linux, if not mac. Is it just the infobar that has a problem, or all of mushclient?

I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 myself. The rest of the client (scripting in anything other than LUA and native performance excluded) works fine. Not really sure from which side even to tackle this.

EDIT: BTW, got the ms core fonts package installed too.

found the applicable thread on mushclient forums thanks to google:
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbsubject_id=8058

Quote from: Wed 25 Jul 2007 05:04 AM (UTC) by Nick GammonTry downloading version 4.15: (you probably already have this --agent)

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=8059

This lets you specify the fixed-pitch font by editing the Registry.

You can change the default font used for new world files by going to File -> Global Preferences -> Defaults and changing "Output Font" and "Input Font".

If that doesn't work, try would be changing the fonts forced by the script to something that's native to ubuntu.
i.e. change this line:
InfoFont ("Verdana",10,1)
to:
InfoFont ("Arial",10,1)

Announcing Agent_137's Infobar 1.1!

http://www.crapyclawn.net/arma/startup/infobar.lua

• If you are a new infobar user, go to the original post in this thread and read the instructions for getting the original infobar installed
  • If you already installed in previously, open this new file and just copy paste everything up to "README" into your infobar.lua file.
  • Change the numbers for HP, Stun, and Movement to fit your character, as described in the original instructions.
  • Save the file and then go into your triggers, (ctrl-shift-8) and edit the one that sends info to your infobar.
  • It starts with ^.*?Mood:(.+)! (\d+)...
  • The only thing you should change is the 'script' field down at the bottom left. Change the contents from infobar to infobardescriptive.
  • Click OK to save the changes and go back to your game. The next line from the game should update your prompt!

Note: this thing stretches to about 100 or so characters. Do not use this descriptive version if you have limited screen space. That's what the old concise version is for!

Anyway to make it work for... zMud?
Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

when I do this:

Part C:
We need to make the infobar visible. Click the View menu and select the Infobar option.
This should create a gray bar below where you type in commands.
Part C complete!

My client moves the viewer to a tiny spot on the right hand side of the window and the rest is just gray.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

September 14, 2009, 11:26:59 AM #31 Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:30:46 PM by FantasyWriter

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

PS: It goes back to normal when I turn the info bar off, if that helps.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Melody on September 14, 2009, 11:08:51 AM
Anyway to make it work for... zMud?

i'm sure zmud has something similar to the infobar for mushclient. it may even be called the same. I see it has a 'gauge' bar. Now if zmud supports lua then the conversion may be very simple. I do not have the time to look into myself though, especially since it is not free-software. (which mushclient is now.)

Fantasywriter,
The problem is definitely in your infobar settings. Unfortunately those are local and I touch them with my script.
this forum post on the mushclient forums sounds like the same problem:
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?id=1978

also, if you try to drag or move or undock the infobar (which is possible and may help your problem) and your entire client window goes gray, you'll need to go to the View menu and select "Reset Toolbar Locations". This is a known bug in the way one of the internal libraries works.

Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 14, 2009, 11:26:59 AM

Anyone know why my infobar is doing this?
Grebber - One who grebs.

QuoteFantasywriter,
The problem is definitely in your infobar settings. Unfortunately those are local and I touch them with my script.

also, if you try to drag or move or undock the infobar (which is possible and may help your problem) and your entire client window goes gray, you'll need to go to the View menu and select "Reset Toolbar Locations". This is a known bug in the way one of the internal libraries works.

did you not see my post, or did it not help?

Quote from: Agent_137 on September 14, 2009, 09:42:51 PM
QuoteFantasywriter,

did you not see my post, or did it not help?

I did miss it.  Thank you, that worked :D
Grebber - One who grebs.

Got it working finally, but the everything past the number stats say "nil."
Grebber - One who grebs.

that means your trigger and/or prompt is not set correctly.

Please PM me what they are set to and I will test and repair!

I just installed this now.

Thumbs up!
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Is there a way to adjust the width of the infobar?  I have plenty of monitor space, but my infobar cuts off somewhere around the 95-100 character mark, even though my MUSHclient window is much larger than that.

Alternatively, is there a way to combine the HP/Stun/Movement descriptions to just say, "You feel fine" if everything is normal, otherwise just highlight the stats that are becoming a problem?  (ie: "You feel completely fine," or "You are bleeding and tired," or "You are bleeding, tired, and your head hurts," etc.)  I've been trying to set up some nested if/then statements, but haven't had much luck.

width problem: not that i've found, but i've shortened the readouts so that may help. you can further reduce font size or comment out some of the features that you don't need, like Armed status. To do this properly I may have to move the entire thing into a miniwindow. A little more complicated but gives me full control it. I could even draw little gauges. but that's all version 2.0.

You feel fine idea: that's a good idea. here's the code. replace all the existing code from --HP to --Time with what i've provided below.

--HP
if tonumber(wildcards [2]) < 20 then
    InfoColour ("crimson")
Info ("Make your time. ")
elseif tonumber(wildcards [2]) < 40 then
    InfoColour ("firebrick")
Info ("Your organs! Leaking! ")
elseif tonumber(wildcards [2]) < 70 then
    InfoColour ("darkorange")
Info ("You're hurt bad. ")
elseif tonumber(wildcards [2]) < 100 then
   InfoColour ("darkgreen")
   Info ("You're just scratched. ")
end

--Stun
if tonumber(wildcards [3]) < 20 then
    InfoColour ("crimson")
Info ("You're about to faint! ")
elseif tonumber(wildcards [3]) < 40 then
    InfoColour ("firebrick")
Info ("Your vision is all blurry! ")
elseif tonumber(wildcards [3]) < 70 then
Info ("You feel light headed. ")
elseif tonumber(wildcards [3]) < 90 then
   InfoColour ("darkgreen")
   Info ("Your head aches faintly. ")
end

--Mana. Just remove the -- on each of the 3 lines below to add it back into your infobar.
--InfoColour ("black")
--Info ("(mn:",wildcards [6],") ")

--Movement
if tonumber(wildcards [4]) < 20 then
    InfoColour ("crimson")
Info ("The pain of fatigue is killing you! ")
elseif tonumber(wildcards [4]) < 40 then
    InfoColour ("firebrick")
Info ("Every muscle is on fire! ")
elseif tonumber(wildcards [4]) < 70 then
Info ("Your muscles feel fatigued. ")
elseif tonumber(wildcards [4]) < 90 then
   InfoColour ("darkgreen")
   Info ("You're a little tired. ")
end

--Time of Day

I've been using this awhile and must say it's great. Highly recommended!

I'm trying to figure out a way to highlight when damage is done to me to ensure I don't miss it during large combat spam.
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Quote from: Durant on September 19, 2009, 01:10:27 PM
I've been using this awhile and must say it's great. Highly recommended!

I'm trying to figure out a way to highlight when damage is done to me to ensure I don't miss it during large combat spam.

thanks, glad you like.

What you're looking for is in triggers. You put in the line of text you want to match, and then change tho color option to whatever you want. Triggers also form the basis of the infobar since you can do so much more than just change colors with them.

Mushclient has * built in as a wildcard, so *scratches you* will match any line with scratches you in it. But if you want more precise matching you'll need to learn some basic regular expressions.

Here is a tutorial on them:
http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/regexp.htm

Here are some useful ones. Remember to check the regex button, remove the beginning and ending / marks, and test them before your char's life depends on it:
/A Red-Robed Templar/ - highlights just the text and not the line.
/A \w+ gith has entered from \w+/ - will match any kind of gith, sandy, ugly, polite, green-haired, etc.
/lands a \w+ hit on you/ - just highlights the hit part.

Please note that i haven't played in 6 months and don't remember the exact messages the game gives for stuff like hits and gith entering. You'll have to fix that yourself, but feel free to message me with any questions.

How about I get you a key for CMUD and you just switch formats there buddy?  I know you want too....

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Quote from: Agent_137 on April 09, 2009, 02:51:29 PM
Hot githlicker! If you use Mushclient you're gonna like this update just out today:

Version 2.0 if my infobar script, now named "acrapyscript." Features include 30 second installation, code refactoring, and display improvements.

To install,
Step 1: Go here and download that file to your hard drive. I recommend the MushClient/Script directory.

Steps 2-4: Hit shift-ctrl-6 to open the scripting settings menu. Set your scripting language to Lua (it's default), set your script prefix to forward slash (/), then click the browse button. Find where you downloaded this file and select it. Click OK to close the script dialogue.

Step 5: Hop into your Armageddon character and send this command to arma: /InstallInfobar()

Optional Step 6:  use this command: /SwapInfobar() to change between Detailed and Descriptive versions. Detailed is pictured below. Descriptive drops all numbers and instead says stuff like "You're hurting, exhausted, woozy, armed, mounted, and set for running. Also you're Fighting: Amos. It's late afternoon."

Optional Step 7: (only for users of previous version) remove the old trigger. It probably looks like ^.*?Mood:(.+)! (\d+)....

Coming soon: a way to toggle mana display without opening the script file. In the mean time comment out the mana sections with LUA multi-line comments: --[[ CurrentMana..... ]]--

This is what the DetailedInfobar looks like:

Hey Agent_137,

Is it possible to have a single install file for brand new players, so they don't need to install the infobar as the second step?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

i could package it all into one zip file, right now, but it wouldn't drop shortcuts into their start menu and stuff.

Nick Gammon, the Mushclient developer, has released the source code for his latest version. So technically I could do magick with it. But I've never done it before and I don't want the templars to kill me but if it'll get me on the front page . . .