Shit Happens

Started by Olgaris, February 18, 2009, 04:54:44 PM

My only major qualm with this new dung-system is that my characters are unable to produce dung on their own.
If my animals are allowed to shit, I, as a being that also defecates, should be able to as well.

My suggestion is that I be given an option, some duration after eatting, that allows me to shit if I so desire.

This opens up numerous game opportunities, from shitting one's pants out of fear. Throwing dung at people you dislike. Playing nasty pranks, actually utilizing the latrines in the Byn, or finding people squatting in alley-ways.

I feel that the inequality should be done away with. If animals can poop, so should I. And while emotes are all well and good, I should have a command that produces a random type of poop depending on what I had to eat.

Next... urination.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

:-\
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

This is serious business. We should petition.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Jenred on March 10, 2009, 01:34:50 AM
This opens up numerous game opportunities, from shitting one's pants out of fear.
Personally, I'd like to see someone who's killed have a 30% of shitting his pants, 80% if the final blow was aimed at his abdomen. The game already has a "you step in shit" code, shouldn't be too hard to re-use that. Imaging all the roleplaying oppurtunities!
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on March 10, 2009, 02:47:14 AM
Personally, I'd like to see someone who's killed have a 30% of shitting his pants, 80% if the final blow was aimed at his abdomen. The game already has a "you step in shit" code, shouldn't be too hard to re-use that. Imaging all the roleplaying oppurtunities!

Everyone shits themselves when they die, not always right away but eventually. Not really for this, but not outright against it.
I'm all for being able to defecate at will (sometime after eating)
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

In the body of the tall, muscular man:
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I'm all for coded loss of bowel control and bladder control upon death w/ a percentage of chance when knocked unconscious as well.
Would be more reason for people not to strip a corpse completely naked. I mean, how many folks would want their clothes if they're shit and piss-stained?

"What's that on your pants?"

"Did you fucking shit yourself?"

"No, it's not mine..."

think Crazy sumbitch.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

It also has applications with poisons and magicks and psionics... nothing like embarrassing a noble then a psionicist urging them to foul themselves mentally.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.

With all the other RP avenues and storytelling tools we have at our disposal... no thanks.

You don't see people dropping trou and shitting in a George R.R. Martin novel, okay?

Quote from: a strange shadow on March 10, 2009, 06:56:36 PM
With all the other RP avenues and storytelling tools we have at our disposal... no thanks.

You don't see people dropping trou and shitting in a George R.R. Martin novel, okay?

Don't know who George RR Martin is, and this isn't a novel to everyone. To some its a game.

But if I'm being forced to deal with shit from animals, to the point where they shit in front of me, I'd like the opportunity to inflict similar discomfort on players that might not ever have mounts. And thus shit around them, near them, or make them themselves shit.

Quote from: Jenred on March 10, 2009, 06:59:53 PM

Don't know who George RR Martin is, and this isn't a novel to everyone. To some its a game.

But if I'm being forced to deal with shit from animals, to the point where they shit in front of me, I'd like the opportunity to inflict similar discomfort on players that might not ever have mounts. And thus shit around them, near them, or make them themselves shit.

Emotes pretty much cover that already.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote from: staggerlee on March 10, 2009, 07:01:09 PM

No they don't.... I can't leave it places, like their doorsteps, table-chairs, food-plates, etc..., throw it at them and have it negatively impact all that gear they treasure so much... if an emote covers it all, then have the animals stop producing the items as well.

Man... I can just imagine how much harder this game would be if I actually had to remember to use the bathroom- or else.
Fun. But difficult... I like difficult.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on March 12, 2009, 11:36:07 PM
Man... I can just imagine how much harder this game would be if I actually had to remember to use the bathroom- or else.
Fun. But difficult... I like difficult.

Well.....technically, you don't have to rember the bathroom, I mean, your pant's act as a pretty good shit can.  But I should think it'd be like eating or drinking, it's a little prompt you can choose to ignore.....which I do.......most of the time. lol.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Heh, there's a certain game that's already implemented pissing. It claims to be RP-enforced and also has a similar post-apocalyptic theme. Generally, you see a lot of people pissing on stairs, corpses, floors, and other people.

Um, yeah, I wouldn't want that in Armageddon. While you could have fun pissing on a templar.. it doesn't really add to the game.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

emote pees on you.

The man makes a face as he's pee'd on.

I can't see any coded benefit to an actual pee item.. except maybe collecting it and drinking it..
your mother is an elf.

There are items that you can obtain that have pee in them... Or other waste liquids...
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

>fill mouth pipes
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Semper on March 13, 2009, 10:15:28 PM
There are items that you can obtain that have pee in them... Or other waste liquids...

Why are the raptor bladders always empty?  :-[
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: Jenred on March 10, 2009, 07:03:16 PM
Quote from: staggerlee on March 10, 2009, 07:01:09 PM

No they don't.... I can't leave it places, like their doorsteps, table-chairs, food-plates, etc..., throw it at them and have it negatively impact all that gear they treasure so much... if an emote covers it all, then have the animals stop producing the items as well.

Once a character of mine asked someone to coat someone's private room with shit.  This is about 1.5 year ago or more, so there was not shit items anywhere.

The guy first emoted smearing shit everywhere with all the grossness included, then dropped an item in the room and arranged it such that to include all the joyful details with it. 

As for throwing it to someone, you can emote shitting and then throw a dung object from your inventory.  I dont think anybody will object and say "that is not codedly your shit, therefore it does not count". 

While it is okay to wish for someone squeezing out something productive every once in a while, the lack thereof is not stopping you to still work your way around it.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: jcljules on March 17, 2009, 06:30:03 PM
Quote from: Semper on March 13, 2009, 10:15:28 PM

Why are the raptor bladders always empty?  :-[

Heh, not ALL of them are empty.  One of my characters found one and promptly spit it out when his superior told him what that "salty liquid" was.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein