WAGUNS. VEEGUNS. WAYGUNS.

Started by Lakota, February 12, 2009, 02:44:11 PM

I still want my WAY-GUN. For shooting people over The Way.

...Damnit.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I remember fiddling around with the new pilot code.  In fact, some of it still exists if you type 'Pilot' at a pilot's area.
I never came across with any bugs, but then again, the character I was playing at the time wasn't supposed to be driving it.

I seem to recall it had to do with the wagons breaking down, and not having any code to 'fix' them, without immortal intervention.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Jingo on March 19, 2009, 08:22:48 PM
I still want my WAY-GUN. For shooting people over The Way.

...Damnit.

A foreign presence contacts your mind.

>Think Oh, maybe it's Merchant Bob from house Salarr with my handy new armor set.

You think: "Oh, maybe it's Merchant Bob from house Salarr with my handy new armor set."

You receive a message from the scrawny, foreign man:  "YOU! You are the one who I caught with my wife in MY OWN BED!!

>Think Oh, Krath!

You think: "Oh, Krath!"

The scrawny, foreign man shoots you psionically with his WAY-GUN!

Welcome to Armageddon! (mantis head)
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

I can't wait to have this in game. Man, so many new additions to the game lately I can't keep up, glad I came back to arm.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

How many agafari branches do you require to craft a wagon? My poor agility only allows me to carry five of them at a time :(
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on March 20, 2009, 12:18:46 AM
How many agafari branches do you require to craft a wagon? My poor agility only allows me to carry five of them at a time :(
5 branches? Bet you can make really good cart from that...  ;)

Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on March 20, 2009, 01:24:20 AM

That's pretty much the wagon a Staff was willing to let us build after MANY years spent gathering resources, and it would have costed us over 50000 'sids for it, seriously, that's exactly how we pictured our wagon in the end, before just giving up on the idea and storing  :P
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on March 20, 2009, 01:24:20 AM

I would kill for that wagon in game.. but only so long as it was exactly that wagon! so cool painting on it.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

>Look wagon

You look down at your tiny, white-painted wagon.

This is a tiny wagon made of finely polished baobab. Most noticeable is the
variety of images painted along the side panels, ranging from bright blue baby
gizhats to smiling, playful purple gortoks. This wagon is set upon four wheels
of baobab that seem ill-equipped for much travel or use. The overall size of
this wagon is roughly that of a small human child or tall dwarf.

>enter wagon

You crush a tiny, white-painted wagon!
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

If it is a covered wagon, it should provide some of the stamina benefits of being indoors or in a wagon.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

Its been a long time, and I wasn't on a character with access to wagons, but I dimly recall issues with how hitch would work causing problems for this, although I cannot recall the exact problem with hitch.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: Jenred on March 20, 2009, 05:41:16 PM
If it is a covered wagon, it should provide some of the stamina benefits of being indoors or in a wagon.

I disagree. There is a big difference between resting under a tarp or a shade tree and resting in a cool stone building.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 20, 2009, 06:19:43 PM
Quote from: Jenred on March 20, 2009, 05:41:16 PM

I disagree. There is a big difference between resting under a tarp or a shade tree and resting in a cool stone building.

Heh, the only problem is finding said cool building on a desert planet.  lol.  But I do agree, it is a major difference being indoors and being under a tarp.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

What's the difference between being under a wagon canopy and being inside of a tent?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 21, 2009, 01:27:18 AM
What's the difference between being under a wagon canopy and being inside of a tent?

The wagon moves, so you get that bit 'o breeze that makes it more refreshing on a clear day and more dusty in a sandstorm. :D
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Unless you figure out how to pitch a tent on top of a mekillot.......I'm not driving those stakes down, are you? ;D
-Albert Einstein

Ok, then I'll change my statement to - being in one of these "pseudo-wagons" should have the same bonuses to resting inside a real wagon, or tent, or whatever else. Or vice versa, the old wagons should have the same detriments as resting in one of these new contraptions.

Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

I did not read the thread (so I don't know if this is suggested already, suck it up if someone did), , but I am thinking, a coded wagon moving between Allanak and Luir's, and Luir's and Tuluk, completely driven by NPCs could add some cool.

PC's can pay a fee to get inside and travel from the city to the outpost or the other way around.  It could have few guards to guard some materials, which disappear (goes to the virtual world) once the wagon reaches to the destination.

Anyone who attempts to raid are reported to the Templarate boards.  Anyone who can successfully raid the wagons could claim the materials shipped.

The merchant houses would have the control over the wagon, so any raid would be damaging their virtual goods.
some of my posts are serious stuff