What are you gonna do now that Armageddon is down?!

Started by Catatonic77, July 05, 2007, 09:12:43 PM

What are you gonna do now that Armageddon is down?!

Troll the boards, looking for carelessly unattended IC information... duh.
3 (6.4%)
Freak out and click connect button on my mud client every 30 seconds.
7 (14.9%)
Exercise for once.
3 (6.4%)
Write my weekly (or daily) angry e-mail to the staff, trying to see the genius in my spec. app. character
1 (2.1%)
Watch stupid Youtube videos.
3 (6.4%)
Stream of consciousness wikipedia browsing.
3 (6.4%)
Go spend some quality time with my... oh shit... all my friends exist solely in Arm, don't they?
3 (6.4%)
Read a book (which I will put down every 5 minutes to try clicking the connect button on my MUD client)
9 (19.1%)
Its a secret.
15 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: July 07, 2007, 09:12:43 PM

Book. Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It's almost as good as arm. I suppose my life could use some attention as well.

A family tree. But I've gotten stuck because I don't know when its safe to have offspring with your relatives :(

Quote from: "Delirium"My character's woefully neglected biography.

BRILLIANT. I keep putting this off.

<3 you, Delirium.

Actually try to be productive and do some ground work for the new game. Like pictures, stories, whatever. And, maybe get out for once. :P

It will give me time to code without feeling guilty about neglecting my clans.
This post is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

What an awesome idea.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Also: send kudos to all the players I keep forgetting to.

How can you send Kudos when the request tool is down?

I hope the game officially gets retired.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

.......wtf is a biography!?! *bleeds from his fingertips* No....its starting already. *rapidly clicks the connect button* Oh let me in already!

I think I'll go exercise, my typing skills. I'll emote so fast when Crackageddon is up again it'll blow your mind.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

HP Lovecraft!
Ia! Shub-Niggurath!
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: "mansa"How can you send Kudos when the request tool is down?

MANSA FTW!!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

The biography idea totally has merit. The only issue being, of course, that then I still have to use the dreaded text editor in game, when the game comes back up.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: "Gimfalisette"The biography idea totally has merit. The only issue being, of course, that then I still have to use the dreaded text editor in game, when the game comes back up.

Not really.  Well, not much, anyway.  The text editor, that is.  I hate it too but I don't have to use any command on it ever other than ~ to end.

I make a .txt file.  On my first line of text I count out 80 characters and then cut it down to about 75 to be safe then use that as a measure.  Then copy and paste, baby!  Paste in each pre-formatted paragraph.  Hit enter to leave a line after each paragraph. Hit ~ to end.  No fuss, no muss.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I do that too, but the end result is that I still have to use the text editor. And I really, really, really hate the text editor. I have written tons and tons of rumor board posts, plus uh...I think I wrote like 7 full books, too. And I still hate the text editor, even though I know how to get around its horrendousness and have things formatted MY way.

Heh... at least you guys only have to use it to write books, we use that thing to BUILD.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Play Runescape and be mean to all the kiddies!

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "Yokunama"Play Runescape and be mean to all the kiddies!

An excellent idea. I've not played Runescape in some time, and now I want to make a character, just to annoy the twelve year olds.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Accidental double post.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: "Adhira"Heh... at least you guys only have to use it to write books, we use that thing to BUILD.
USE to use that thing. We've now moved beyond it (at least for Armageddon II) thanks to certain people (including but definitely not limited to Raesanos) :D

Quote from: "Mood"

An excellent idea. I've not played Runescape in some time, and now I want to make a character, just to annoy the twelve year olds.

I will join you on your quest to annoy the poon scape twelve year olds, Moody.

I am going to cry through eight hours of work and my whole weekend.  Why couldn't this at least have happened -after- Harry Potter came out so I could watch it ah!

Bring u high lvl bitch, see you there.  I be GokuSSJ696969696
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

I like the text editor.  I've seen a lot worse.

To tell the truth, I had no problems with the text editor, but I never got to write IG. I heard that's painful.

And what am I gonna do while ARM's down? Bah.. I prepared a new website for the company. I found two new customers. They're really surprised and they can't understand why I suddenly became so productive :)

I know I'll be away from the game for at least one week. I guess I'll try out an H&S MUD.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "mansa"

If you don't want the game being up, why are you playing it?  That doesn't make sense to me.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

The text editor isn't so bad.  I just write things up in a normal text editor, then copy 2-3 lines at a time into the prompt with a completely empty line for paragraph breaks.  Then, just type .i and magickally everything is good.  No need for making that 80 char ruler and pre-formatting everything by hand.  You can even highlight and use the word count feature to make sure your text fits into the limit for char creation.

Quote from: "aruna"Book. Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It's almost as good as arm. I suppose my life could use some attention as well.

Fabulous book.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: "Halaster"

If you don't want the game being up, why are you playing it?  That doesn't make sense to me.

CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON

Quote from: "LauraMars"

Er.. duh.  I should have guess that, my bad.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Do this about a million times...
# Connecting session [Armageddon] to: ginka.armageddon.org:4050
# Zap! Connection closed...

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I am going to make sweet lovin' to the ladies.

Plz pm for details.

That or go hang out with Jack White because he just moved in next to my home.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: "LauraMars"

Er.. duh.  I should have guess that, my bad.

Honestly?

I'm more excited about the new game than the current one.  But I'm stuck playing the current one because it's all I got.

I'd rather play in the new one, with only one city and no exits, than play in the current game.

Let that be an example of how excited I am about the new game.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Will your life be over if you don't like the new game, mansa?

Its a serious question.

Kill you all!  Make you suffer!!
:evil:

Oh.  I can't do that with ginka down for the count.
*sigh*

I suppose I'll sit in front of my computer in a brooding funk and stare at the monitor.

My character will probably die not too long after the game comes back up anyway.

*mope* *mutter* *grumble*

But....
Not before I KILL you ALL and make you SUFFER!

:twisted:
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

Mansa Wrote:
QuoteI'd rather play in the new one, with only one city and no exits, than play in the current game.

Let that be an example of how excited I am about the new game.

You'll be at the top of my kill/suffer queue, Mansa, you evil git!   :twisted:

Just kidding man.  You know that.
Or....am I?   :wink:

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

What do you mean it's still down!!!!!????

What am I paying you monkeys for, anyway?
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

Quote from: "Simple"What do you mean it's still down!!!!!????

What am I paying you monkeys for, anyway?

Paying?
I think you've confused Crackageddon with Evercrack or something.

Arm staff don't expect your money.  They only demand your immortal SOUL in return for the privilege of playing here!

*throws his head back and cackles with insane glee*   :twisted:

emote Bowing his head, sobbing in remorse for what he has said, me promises his immortal SOUL.

God, i'll do anything to get my -fix-
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

Where's the work option?
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Make your own Armageddon if you don't like it!

Im warning you, the last guy who did that ended up making a crappy movie.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

No, the last guy who attempted that ended up with this.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: "Synthesis"No, the last guy who attempted that ended up with this.

I, uhm, kind of hate to say this, because I've heard bad things about the guy (..allegedly), but I kind of wish that the Armageddon's website was more like that website.

By that I mean that the information is easy to find and it has a nice easy to read font on grey background that makes me want to sit and actually read all of it. (I bet there's a shitload of IC information that you could still apply to our Armageddon, though.)

Quote from: "Malken"
Quote from: "Synthesis"No, the last guy who attempted that ended up with this.

I, uhm, kind of hate to say this, because I've heard bad things about the guy (..allegedly), but I kind of wish that the Armageddon's website was more like that website.

By that I mean that the information is easy to find and it has a nice easy to read font on grey background that makes me want to sit and actually read all of it. (I bet there's a shitload of IC information that you could still apply to our Armageddon, though.)

wait

Leave the runescape kids alone.   :evil:
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Jeeze...

Is Delerak still trying to make that mud work?

If so, is he still using code stolen from Armageddon? That was just pathetic, especially when he tried to get WoTC to persue legal action against Armageddon... Repeatedly.
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

No, now he's using (or was using) code stolen from Shadows of Isildur, without putting the credits in his login screen as per license requirements.

Man... That really pisses me off.

"But either know how to obtain others' love or their hatred.  For that is wisdom."

Gotta give this wayward fool respect in the sense that he seems to have alot of people talking about him from time to time.

I'm with the ancient Egyptians in the sense that I like to bury my enemies in silence.  Either that of the tomb or the closed mouth.

QuoteGotta give this wayward fool respect in the sense that he seems to have alot of people talking about him from time to time.

I don't know that being talked about or remembered as a douche rocket is worthy of respect.  :roll:
Amor Fati

Quote from: "Fnord"
QuoteGotta give this wayward fool respect in the sense that he seems to have alot of people talking about him from time to time.

I don't know that being talked about or remembered as a douche rocket is worthy of respect.  :roll:

In the immortal words of Captain Jack Sparrow when replying to the Commodore's "You are, without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

:P

Anyone care to find a temporary Mud haven until the game comes back up? Level up together on a HnS and smash ass as nubz? Hit me on AIM if you want. We'll find somewhere nice.

Just Cause on my Xbox kept me good and occupied, but I'm burning out...

-WP is going to dig out his crusty old PS1 and  play FFTactics, if no one is down.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

A bunch of people from IRC have been trying out different muds.

The most recent one (and my favorite) is Legacy of the Sith, which is here:

lots.wolfpaw.net : 3000

You can be a spaceship pilot and a "slicer" (hacker) and there's a ton of cool races to choose from.  The code is really fun to play with too.

I've been playing a little SoI, but it feels kind of lame to get a character going that I know I'm going to drop as soon as Arm comes back.  I'm not big on throwaway characters normally, but a good scene is a good scene, I guess.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

SoI fails at being fun for me.

I'll try out Legacy of the Sith.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I'm currently playing this:

http://9dragons.acclaim.com/

Its a free martial arts MMORPG based on historical clans like the Shaolin, the Wu Tang and the League of Beggars, the Brotherhood of Thieves, etc..

If you like the Koei series, like RoTK or Dynasty Warriors, I think you'll like that MMORPG.

While wandering through the GDB I found this thread and thought I'd stop by to say hello again. A game for short-term, or just for a half hour a day if you end up liking it and want to play even once ginka comes back up...

www.kingdomofloathing.com

Stick figure browser-based game, intentionally silly, perfectly pointless, with lots of quests. No roleplay, extremely limited PvP, only vaguely interactive with other players via their chat channels, and a very fun way to waste a little time every day. You only get 40 "adventures" (turns) per day without eating or drinking. Food and booze boosts your adventures. The game resets every day, and you can't start the reset with more than 200 adventures (so you can have 200 at game reset, and eat and drink to have 300 or more, but if you don't use them up you only get to keep 200 the next day).

Adventuring is fast-paced, takes sometimes less than a second to use up one turn. So it's a fun and addictive way to breeze by for a little while.

I was playing a mud the other night and saw a few familiar names.  I now know what the Sun King does in his spare time.

Get chased across the galaxy by an angry federation?

Proselytize on public comm frequencies?

Sounds about right.

Get kidnapped by the angry Jedi thug squad.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

missing planet yavin and DRIVEN STRAIGHT INTO THE FREAKING SUN!

but more importantly:

Quote from: "LM"Get chased across the galaxy by an angry federation?

Proselytize on public comm frequencies?

Sounds about right.

Exactly.
some of my posts are serious stuff

I didn't vote that I was going to watch stupid Youtube videos, but for some reason I've been watching White and Nerdy over and over again.  I know you've all seen it before, but go watch it again.  When I get tired of that, I watch this.  OK, that is just White and Nerdy again, but it is the version in with Donny Osmond and Weird Al dancing in front of a green screen for the whole song.  Dance Donny, Dance!

At the next APM you guys should totally do a lip sync video of this song.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Any idea when the games coming up? I've had a bit of a break but I'm ready to come back.
Free your hate.

Quote from: "Agent_137"saturday night is the estimated time.

edit:
gonna be monday now, just watch this thread:
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27196

Only Monday? Damn, I've been enjoying the break.
Amor Fati

Enjoying the break?

When you're posting here, I find that hard to believe.

Myself, I've been going insane watching Blue's Clues and various kiddie shows, drilling holes in my own skull, etc.

I'm annoyed.

I tried to send emails to the staff and got them all bounced back.

:cry:

Well, in a few more days I'll be over the 'hump', maybe I can kick the habit.

I was gonna come back to arm.

But the game should be coming up just as school starts again, so now I guess I'm not :(
Free your hate.

It's kind of sad that people are saying that they are 'enjoying the break' and that 'life without Armageddon isn't as terrible as I thought it'd be..'

C'mon people, Armageddon isn't your life nor is it your job.. It's pretty bad if you decide to play Armageddon instead of doing the things you really 'enjoy' doing when the game is down..

Let's have a test, if you can't stay away from Armageddon for an extra week after it comes back up then I'd say that's pretty scary :)

Raise your hand if you feel like you must log in instead of wanting to log in, because you think that people depends on you or that your role requires (aka forces) you to log in.

I play Armageddon because I thoroughly enjoy it. However, things can start happening at a very rapid pace, plot-wise, and if you decide not to log in at your usual time, you could very well miss something that would have been important for your character. It's one of the downsides to Armageddon's in-depth plots; they're very time-consuming.

I am happy to say that I hold down a job, shower twice a day, enjoy a social outing now and then, spend time with my friends, keep up with all of my housework, eat well, and weigh a trim 128 lbs. My life doesn't suffer because I play Armageddon, only my other recreational activities do. I don't watch TV, and ever since I had to part with my playstation, I haven't bothered to replace it. Many people will spend hours upon hours watching TV or playing games. My choice is to spend those hours playing Armageddon.

That returns me to my original point; sometimes the plots advance with break-neck speed, and it's nice to not have to worry about that for a couple days. If I didn't want to log in, I wouldn't log in, plain and simple. At least now, I know that everyone else isn't logging in without me and having themselves a ball while I (insert real-life activity here).

Quote from: "Delirium"I don't watch TV, and ever since I had to part with my playstation, I haven't bothered to replace it. Many people will spend hours upon hours watching TV or playing games. My choice is to spend those hours playing Armageddon.

My friends/family don't understand how much time I spend on the computer, but then I point out how much time they spend hanging out in front of the TV in the evenings, and we've achieved a state of grudging respect.

There are only so many times you can clean a one bedroom apartment, though, and only so long in the day I can go jogging before I want to kill myself.  And having just lost most of my short stories because my hard drive died and I hadn't had the forethought to back them up on something, my normal hobby (writing) just makes me feel depressed.

And, having no need for television.. I don't even own one.  So instead I've been reading.  About two novels a day.  It's been alright, but I still want Arm back.  My character is very fun and exciting, but also kind of hard for me to get into if I'm not doing it on a regular basis just because his personality is radically different from mine, so.. yeah.  I hope he's not going to be weird the first couple days I finally get to log in again.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Quote from: "Malken"C'mon people, Armageddon isn't your life nor is it your job..

Wait, do you mean I'm not my fuckin khakis?!  :shock:
Amor Fati

I've been doing Shadowbane MMO.
It's free, no roleplay, full PvP P-looting.

I hate to say it...but it is pretty fun.  It grows on you....like a fungus that gives off a sickly sweet smell.  *cackle*
:twisted:

If you get too bored you could try some Unwise Microwave Oven Experiments.  Pretend to be an Elkrosian in your own home!
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Those are some pretty sweet-sounding experiments.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

I once had something weird happen in my microwave.  I was having some sushi at home and was microwaving some sake in a shot glass.  I turned around for a moment and heard a big POOF from the microwave.  When I looked back, all the sake was gone.   :cry:

It's just like the flash boiling thing from that site, except alcohol boils at a lower temperature than water.  The shot-glass, which was rounded inside, didn't allow for any bubbles to form and boil, so the whole thing vaporized at once.

The microwave drank your sake!  Can the robot wars be far behind?

QuoteWhat are you gonna do now that Armageddon is down?!

Kill mahself  :cry:

Hold your applause plz.

ARM down turns me into a decent wife. My husband says I've got an 8 out of 10 right now.

I miss ARM, though.

Since ginka went down I have:

Been a better girlfriend
Caught up on sleep
Cleaned my apartment
Read a measly 300 pages of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Ridden a roller coaster
Gone boating/kneeboarding
Gotten numerous bruises (the nonviolent kind)
Been sunburnt
Picked flowers
Given 11 hugs
Played with sand
Shucked corn
Gotten a haircut
Consumed lots of whisky and beer
Expanded my music collection
Watched a bad stand-up comedian
Been mooned
Watched Transformers

...and probably more. And the best part is, I haven't been missing anything in game. Huzzah!

Moral: go enjoy your summer... until tomorrow.

Ha!  Here is my list of things I've done since the game was down:

Caught back up on my gym workout
Saw Transformers
Saw the new Harry Potter
Watched the second and third Lord of the Rings movies with James
Taken a belly dancing class
Made some home cooked meals
Cleaned my house
Begun reading, Beauty Junkies, Harry Potter and the Scorcerers Stone and a book on Greek and Roman Mythology
Returned my old library books
Meditated
Bought a CD of Arabeque music to practice dance to
Updated my myspace

Ate a steak and  solved world hunger.  Just kiddin' the rest are true though.

Since Arm went down I have:

Learned how to grill swordfish
Helped my blood brother's father build a bar for his tavern
Been a better cat owner (more petting, less typing)
Researched vegan practices and remembered why I quit after a year
Started reading the Bhagharva Vita (or whatever that Bood book is).
Plotted vengeance 9 times on my coworker
Become irradiated (was building the bar outside in MN summer without sunscreen)
Lowered my typing speed by 20 wpm due to a batting cage injury
Lowered my typing speed by 10 more wpm due to an oil burn from frying breaded shrimp
Thanked every second of healing I've gotten to prevent being pkilled when we come back up.
Purchased a radioactive plate at an antique store for 20 bucks (it was listed at 55, THANKYOU ARMAG HAGGLING PRACTICE!).  I then bet the proprietor the twenty bucks I just paid him that the plate was radioactive after finding out he had a geiger counter.  Thinking I was a rube, he took the bet.  A wave of a wand and some crackling later, I walk out with my now free plate.
Become a much better employee.
Started winning at the boyfriend game.  Points were deducted when it was determined that I had not quit playing Arm out of love, which I in no part insinuated.
Twinked my boredom tolerance.
Whooped a lot of ass in Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

This is the sort of thing that can result from a lack of RPG addiction.  If that guy had been safely spending all of his time playing Arm, or even WoW, the world would be a little less WTF? right now.

Someone needs to feed that guy some crackageddon.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

I found out there's a pirate ship that sails the hudson river at night and that it's byob... or byo-rum if you want to really get into the spirit. NYC may be dirty, dangerous, and cost too much, but damn if there isn't always something to do. Yarrr!
Amor Fati