Mounts can now climb

Started by Tamarin, April 24, 2006, 06:20:14 PM

Now you just have to figure out how to capture and domesticate those silt horrors.

I wish I had a flying shap
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Levitating mounts can go up now?  This fills me with joy.  Oh yeah...so many possibilities have opened up before me.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

watch up

You see an ox fly south.

Say (blinking) Yea, I've lost it.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

coolestness.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

No more losing my mounts to gradual slopes of d00m. Great change, guys.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Uh, I'm pretty sure mounts could climb before.  Not well, but a little.  I've fallen into dozens of holes, and gotten my mount back out again most of those times.  Will they still be able to do that, or will only the climbing mounts be able to climb now?  Hmm.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Dakurus"Now you just have to figure out how to capture and domesticate those silt horrors.

I'm on it!

So does this mean that a mount works in sync with it's rider's ability to climb?  Or did the climb skill just become obselete if people's mounts can do it for them?

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Uh, I'm pretty sure mounts could climb before.  Not well, but a little.  I've fallen into dozens of holes, and gotten my mount back out again most of those times.  Will they still be able to do that, or will only the climbing mounts be able to climb now?  Hmm.

Angela Christine

This hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is that some mounts are now capable of going "up" directions while being ridden that they couldn't always go before. It also means that certain mounts will not auto-fall into holes, off cliffs, etc.
Welcome all to curtain call
At the opera
Raging voices in my mind
Rise above the orchestra
Like a crescendo of gratitude

Quote from: "Nusku"This hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is that some mounts are now capable of going "up" directions while being ridden that they couldn't always go before. It also means that certain mounts will not auto-fall into holes, off cliffs, etc.
That'd be pretty freaky to have your mount suddenly walk down a cliff (cause you weren't watching where you were going).

Thank god.

Finally, reasons to use mounts besides kanks.  If you gave kanks climb, I will kill you, Nusku!
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: "Armaddict"If you gave kanks climb, I will kill you, Nusku!
But it makes perfect sense. Ants can climb anything, and kanks are just ants :P

they shit out honey. they are not ants, they are obviously wingless bees.

The idea was to start differentiating mounts so that there is a reason to ride something besides kanks. There are already some differences, and I'm sure we'll get around to adding even more in the future.
Welcome all to curtain call
At the opera
Raging voices in my mind
Rise above the orchestra
Like a crescendo of gratitude

They don't shit it, they spit it back up. 8)
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I ride erdlus cuz they're cheaper...

It sucks that erdlus can't fly. Otherwise you could get a functional flying mount for cheap.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Quote from: "MorganChaos"I ride erdlus cuz they're cheaper...
That's cause they can't carry as cause they're weak. I reckon a halfling riding an erdlu could go anywhere though.

Quote from: "John"
That's cause they can't carry as cause they're weak. I reckon a halfling riding an erdlu could go anywhere though.

Yeah, but don't they do a lot of damage in a fight? That's what the docs say, never had reason to put it to the test.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Anyone who thinks their mount can't fight has never accidentally typed "hit" instead of "hitch"  ;)

-- X

Erdlus are scary.  Trust me.  I lost a fairly buff warrior to...uh..well there were five of them.  It was a fast fight.

ERDLU! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Xygax"Anyone who thinks their mount can't fight has never accidentally typed "hit" instead of "hitch"  ;)

-- X
Or hasn't typed "kick" when someone tells you to give your mount a kick to get it moving.

This is sweet. I've been wanting more coded reasons to use other mounts besides kanks for a long time now.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: "John"

That's some of it.  Try taking an erdlu for a walk sometime.  Just carrying themselves they get tired.  I think more would use them if they just had a really fast re-gen or if they had the kind of stamina that would come back just standing in one place.

- HK
- HK