Why don't D-elves get an accent?

Started by A desert Elf, September 09, 2004, 09:58:21 PM

A desert-elf only accent would be hellacool and unique and awesome.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I still think every language should have its own unique accent in addition to the regions and that those language accents wouldn't be recognizable by anyone who doesn't recognize the language in question.  Since I can't have my wish *sniff* how about "obscurely-accented" for delves?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Just went over the posts and was not really paying too much attention but:

What is wrong if they do get "Tribal accent"?
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Ghost"Just went over the posts and was not really paying too much attention but:

What is wrong if they do get "Tribal accent"?

Tribal seems based off 'bendune' language.  It's what ties it all together.
The Anyali has it's own accent, based off it's own language.

There needs to be something new, for the 'allundean' language.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I agree with Mansa.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

How about something like "tribal," but not tribal?  Barbaric, or savage maybe?  I think most delves would like speaking "savagely accented" allundean or sirihish.  Or, since you never see your own accent, something even less complimentory?  How about a backward or uncouth accent?  :twisted:

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

"brutally"
"sibilantly"
"sharply"
"harshly"
"savagely"
"cuttingly"
"keenly"

As a few to start with, perhaps.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Maybe too obvious to mention, or just a bad idea, but I didn't notice anyone suggest "desert-accented".
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House