How about making peek work on unconcious people?

Started by TEH BANDIT, August 01, 2004, 04:10:46 AM

Quote from: "TEH BANDIT"That got me thinking,

Does it make me a bad person if I would rather pk the persons char than leave mine vulnrable for so long?

And ICly?  It doesn't take any longer to loot an unconscious person then a dead person.  Besides, the less blood/feces/urine on their gear, the more valuable it is.

I think that a raider who strips everything from a body (breathing or otherwise) is just as bad as a burglar who takes EVERYTHING from a house that they've picked the lock to.  You should at least take the time to drag the body to safety if you're going to do that.
Back from a long retirement

The inventory should be shown when you look at someone. As it stands, it's rather OOC and annoying that you can't manage to see what people are carrying.

Peek would still have plenty of use in looking inside people's containers. This would have advantanges for sub-class thieves/thugs, burglars, assassins, ect, and would be FAR more realistic.

Focus on realism, not cool perks and skillz.

QuoteAnd ICly? It doesn't take any longer to loot an unconscious person then a dead person.

Heh. OOCly, however, it takes a hell of a lot longer to loot an unconscious person if you don't have the steal skill. Long-ass delays.

You should still only kill them if your character has a specific reason to make sure they're dead.
Back from a long retirement

QuoteIm having trouble following your train of thought, in one line, you comment that in the desert you have all the time in the world, then in the next you say somthing like "He may have friends only a mile away" - thats right. He MIGHT - and they just MIGHT be coming over that sand dune any moment, with that nagging in your mind, are you sure you are going to find that lump of metal in the hidden crotch pocket. Why do you feel the need to take EVERYTHING from your victims? I really hope you dont strip them naked.

And MAYBE my character decides having food for the next few days is worth the risk that he has buddies miles away.  You people need to stop assuming circumstances

Quote from: "Canadian Beaver"

If someone is sleeping, about 99% of the time, the reason they're sleeping is because they got the crap beat out of them and lost a lot of blood. In this beaten up, blood loss weakened state they're not going to notice anything, notice how once you're asleep with a low health you can't wake up even if you wanted to? Because you're out cold and your body is trying to recover from some trauma.

I say it's a great idea and would definitely help out muggers so they can avoid killing someone.

The problem is not the victim not waking up, it that no-one else in the room is going to see me taking the pants off the sleeping guy?  Soldiers see me stripping naked a sleeping guy and aren't going to care, but I yell thief thief and suddenly they are all over me?
Vettrock