This, that or something else..

Started by InsertCleverNameHere, July 31, 2004, 02:33:29 AM

I really know absolutely nothing about coding. But I was wondering, would it be that hard to code faces with a few extra slots? As far as I can tell now, you've got a slot for ears, head, and face. Would it be possible to split the face up with a few extra slots? Because as is, say you have your purple polkadotted facewrap, and a pair of neon green sunslits.. You can only wear one at a time, because they're both coded as face, even though one covers your eyes, the other mouth and nose. Just seems like there ought to be a little extra room, though I know it's no huge deal or issue, but it would be nicer if they'd split the face up. I mean you can wear a ring on every single finger, but you can't wear a lip ring or nose bone and have anything else on your face.

I think it ought to be split up more like.. Head, for hats, bandana's, surmacs etc.. Ears, for earrings or whatever you wanna stick in your ear.. Eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth. And maybe cheeks, since I've seen a jewelry item that said it could be worn in the lip or cheek when looked at, but you don't know where it's placed on person X, until they emote fiddling with the flaming orange bone shoved through their cheek.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

I'd like to see one location added - called either 'upper face' or 'over eyes'.

So you can wear sunslits with your bandana/veil/lipring/whatever.

One extra slot would probably suffice, though.. I mean, the eq list gets long enough already, as it is.

Maybe <on nose> and <over eyes>, but adding these slots means going through the five bazillion objects in the databse and modifying them to fit...not easy work, though it will probably encourage more nose-rings of all types, which is always a good thing.

I don't think it's crucial though...it's really easy to just play it virtually.  One day, though, sure.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Just a question/suggestion, like I said. An unnecessary conveniece to be able to fit more than one object on your face at one time.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

It would be really cool to be able to wear sunslits with the facewrap you're wearing over your nose ring.  You could be like the invisible man!  But with a nose ring!
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"It would be really cool to be able to wear sunslits with the facewrap you're wearing over your nose ring.  You could be like the invisible man!  But with a nose ring!

PHWAHAHAHHA.

Maybe it's limited because the IMMs just have a very strict fashion sense.