House Kurac
41 (32.5%)
All of the Above
12 (9.5%)
Other
5 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: July 28, 2004, 11:04:20 AM

Actually (and just so I don't seem like I was trying to conjure up an anti-Kurac thread), if I could revote I would select all of the above.

I'm not racist, I hate all people equally.

QuoteThat was not an ASS KICKING Mekeda, that was a simple punch in the face. They lost very little overall, were basicly just displaced temperarily.

Now, if half the family would have died, and if they would have lost 2/3 of assets and 90% of employee's/guards and if Luirs would have been razed and somebody would have taken over the spice trade in the meantime, now, THAT'S an ASS KICKING:)

Damned skippy X-D. 8)  

They need to go down...hard. :twisted:
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I do agree with the Tan Muarki lands being strangely unconquered when they are supposedly so nice.  I'll just assume for the moment, there is some good reason they aren't being taken.

Also keep in mind, Sorceror-Kings might conquer places not so much for their pretty landscape...but perhaps for more mystical properties?

Yeah lets attack kurac again, that'd be fun...  :roll:  Why not one of the several other groups that haven't had any action hrm?? There's no way those gypsies haven't knocked enough skirts to warrant a good bit of antipathy. And 'nak? I mean, when was the last good south vs north war hrm? I say we get off the pounding away some pitiful merchant house and onto some serious carnage  :P
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I voted "other".

I think the game would be a lot better off if there wasn't so much "virtual power" running things.

It'd be great to see Allanak and Tuluk reduced to ruins, places like Red Storm and Liurs becoming more popular. I would like to see merchant houses come into ruin and have to fight tooth and nail with each other to maintain a few trade houses and such.

Right now the game is far too civilized and relaxed, in my opinion.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Quote from: "Callisto"I voted "other".

I think the game would be a lot better off if there wasn't so much "virtual power" running things.

It'd be great to see Allanak and Tuluk reduced to ruins, places like Red Storm and Liurs becoming more popular. I would like to see merchant houses come into ruin and have to fight tooth and nail with each other to maintain a few trade houses and such.

Quote from: "Delirium"

Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

QuoteThe7DeadlyVenomz wrote:
QuoteDelirium wrote:
QuoteCallisto wrote:
I voted "other".

Would be SO sweet, but have them be semi-populated ruins of lawless no mans land...drool.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Amen to Callisto.
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

I was the first to vote for Tuluk.  Why?
Because they got their asses kicked and suddenly turned into this artsy-fartsy HUGE city.  What did we drop on them?  Dragon-crap?
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

I'm not certain I would like the game without any city setting whatsoever, but I have to agree with this sentiment otherwise, yeah.

I sometimes think that (clanned) PCs really don't have any power.  You want to brag to me that your templar has been promoted to Red Robe?  That doesn't mean shit because you still can't do anything without e-mailing your clan imm and, basically, getting permission first.  I mean that is the bottom line, no matter how you argue it.  But, whereas, if I make some lone assassin who has a compulsion for blowing things up, I don't have to ask anyone for permission to bomb your sorry ass.  I'm just going to go do it, and if anyone wants to try and stop me ... bring it!

Now, I'm not saying down with the immortals, let's make this OUR game, bring your pitchfork and stuff like that.  All I'm getting at is ... look, for real man, the virtual nonentities of the game are way way overpowered, resulting in next to zero power for the PCs.

Quote from: "Pantoufle"
Now, I'm not saying down with the immortals, let's make this OUR game, bring your pitchfork and stuff like that.  

Bring it!

:twisted:
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

I think Halaster needs an Asskicking! Lets get him! :twisted:
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

You may now consider Halaster as part of the "Other" option :D.

Okay, Krath. You first, I'm right behind you.

On topic:

I like Callisto's idea. Down with the sorcerer kings. Well, maybe not all the way down. Lets see more struggle for power.

*attempts to kick Halaster in the *censored*

Shit...I only have 1 1d10 dice..Someone give me another.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I voted for the gypsies.  

The fact that Kurac is even in the poll shows how pimp they are.  I say in retaliation for all this bitch-crying about Kurac taking a punch in the nose and -still- coming out with a profit that they just spark a dun invasion of those fat grazing lands hidden behind the Muark Gated Community.  Turn the whole thing into one big pepper farm.

Pantoufle Wrote:

Well, the problem with that sentiment is that it would ruin the game. This MUD requires versatility. Nuking all the city-states effectively ruins the possibility of any socialite roles. It's nice that I can go from being an extreme socialite in one incarnation to a rugged outdoorsman in the next and back again (with other possibilities along the way). Completely wiping out the cities removes not only socialites (including the leaders AND their sycophants), but it removes all manner of rogues except desert raiders -- and I don't know about you, but I rather enjoy city slicker cutpurses myself. There are so many city based roles that you would lose. So yeah, it removes a lot from the game and narrows it down to only one possibility: tribal, outdoors, ranger types.

You bet your ass we would lose the city classes all together....DOWN WITH THE COIN PURSE SNATCHING SKINNYS, OVER FED MERCHANTS, AND THOSE RAIDERS IN ROBES CALLED THE TEMPLARS, I WANT TO SEE THEM ALL SACRIFICED AS A TRIBUTE TO A HIGHER MORE CARNAL POWER. THEN WE MAY MOVE BACK INTO OUR MOTHER THE DEEP DESERT, AND SURVIVE AS MEN SHOULD, BY OUR GRIT AND STRENGTH.

[/quote]
oodness, courage, and love is a song. In my travels I have learned one thing, evil creatures can not sing.  -Drizzt Do'Urden-

Carnal Whiteranger? Kinky, but no. We are not da sexmud ;)

Voted Kurac also.

With Ten'Sarak as their own city-state and merchant headquarters, they have significant power. Add to that an entire fortified outpost (regardless of whether it was taken once or not, they got it back and it gave them another city in the process) that is in the middle of the world, one of the most effective and strategic locations in Zalanthas.
Significant (if not overpowering in some) presense in every civilized culture or city on Zalanthas I can think of where Player Characters play, and incredible resources from all this.

Second vote would have been gypsy, was a tough call between the two. They've never really been bothered and they pretty much have their own theme park sitting in the middle of a nigh-impenetrable mountain range. Must be nice. =P

If I had to vote, I'd probably say gypsy. But only because that glib bastard cheated me.. AND ran off with my lover!

And they steal babies!

Quote from: "Pantoufle"

I'm not certain I would like the game without any city setting whatsoever, but I have to agree with this sentiment otherwise, yeah.

I sometimes think that (clanned) PCs really don't have any power.  You want to brag to me that your templar has been promoted to Red Robe?  That doesn't mean shit because you still can't do anything without e-mailing your clan imm and, basically, getting permission first.  I mean that is the bottom line, no matter how you argue it.  But, whereas, if I make some lone assassin who has a compulsion for blowing things up, I don't have to ask anyone for permission to bomb your sorry ass.  I'm just going to go do it, and if anyone wants to try and stop me ... bring it!

Now, I'm not saying down with the immortals, let's make this OUR game, bring your pitchfork and stuff like that.  All I'm getting at is ... look, for real man, the virtual nonentities of the game are way way overpowered, resulting in next to zero power for the PCs.

If I may quote myself from a post by Quirk on Wed Apr 07, 2004

Quote from: "jmordetsky"*takes a deep breathe*

Dismantle the god kings and knock down the city states

Set up smaller feudal territories ruled by the remaining noble houses/Templars and outposts and caravan camps run by merchant houses in their places.

Make them constantly fight for influence, repel the constantly raiding tribal factions etc, etc

Zalanthas sans uberpowerful ultimate power wielding god kings would create a world that was really filled with conflict.

*joe the radical steps off of his pulpit and gets back to work*

I still feel this would make for a cooler game...and if you gave each noble house it's own little baby kingdom, there would still be socialite roles....they would just be more...precarious.

You guys are so April.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Allanak has a rather overgrown ass.

So.. You now know what I voted dont you?
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Ghost"Allanak has a rather overgrown ass.

Between the two cities Tuluk is on a big winning streak right now, but that is to be expected, I guess, considering how high Tuluki morale must be, in general, it being only some 40 or so years (I'm guessing) since they ran the invaders out of town.

Quote from: "Krath"Shit...I only have 1 1d10 dice..Someone give me another.

Jeez, what kind of gamer ARE you???

I vote for Krath!!
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".