Vote progs?

Started by The Lonely Hunter, July 26, 2004, 07:09:28 PM

QuoteTry downloading http://members.cox.net/edited/by.tlh
This and sticking it into your startup or something

If it works how I meant it to it should vote for (edited out) when ran and if its in your startup folder, thats every time you log in to your computer

This seems really sad that some muds are asking their players to use programs to auto-vote for them. Does anyone know if Top Mud Sites allows this?
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

I'm pretty sure it's against the rules.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I am pretty sure that I read a discussion about this very thing on TMS forums a while back and it is not illegal.  Mainly this is because it is not a case of a mud either rewarding or punishing a player for voting/not voting, and these are the main areas that a mud will get in trouble for.  These kinds of scripts are not something the mud is forcing you to do or probably even advocating.  It's more likely a case of some zealous player programming the script.
UNICORN
QuoteSome things have to be believed to be seen.

I spoke with an admin over there and it is indeed cheating.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

So, what do you expect us to do about it?
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Can i get a pile of rocks?
>forage rocks
esert city bug, sitting above your head...