A bit laggy

Started by sosaria, July 23, 2004, 12:47:56 AM

For me, I'm getting a little lag... more than most muds I used to play on.

Is it just me? I'm on a broadband connection ADSL 512 and I'm not even downloading anything.

I read from the review there was a lag problem or such.

I'm not seeing any lag, personally, but I think a lot of the times people interpret the coded delays as lag.

Yea, there's a command delay after many commands, sometimes before. you'll get used to it. Just be careful not to let them stack up, especially in combat. Then ya can't back out, because you got all this delay you have to bleed out first.

Spamming commands is very dangerous, if they have delay attatched.

best of luck! :mrgreen:

Has the delay from moving room to room been increased? I ask this because I've only just come back from a hiatus and it seems much longer just to walk from location A to location B than it used to.

Either that, or my mind is playing tricks on me.

Are you playing a shorter chracter?  Short people walk slower than tall people.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Are you playing a shorter chracter?  Short people walk slower than tall people.

AC
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

How quick someone is can change from character to character, even of the same species in real life.  This may be represented by code in some fashion.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I think it's just me... even logging into the mud takes a bit of waiting.

I'm seeing some lag myself, beyond the delay after commands. This includes logging in, movement, looking at people, etc. It's probably a router to the game box some of us are using to get there. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. This has been going on for about a week now, from what I've seen.

Quote from: "Mordere"I'm seeing some lag myself, beyond the delay after commands. This includes logging in, movement, looking at people, etc. It's probably a router to the game box some of us are using to get there. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. This has been going on for about a week now, from what I've seen.

Same here.

I'm having lag also.  A few weeks ago there was a problem in a router along the link causing lag.  This will probally go away after some time.  The only thing that one can do is suck it up and move along.

Would anyone be able to fix it, perchance?

Quote from: "sosaria"Would anyone be able to fix it, perchance?

Its not a problem with Armageddon, is what they are suggesting, because the lag does not affect everyone.

Your best course of action, if you want someone to fix it for you, would be to contact your internet provider and demand faster service or your money back!

Hmmm... seems to be fixed for me now. Yes... it's definately a router or some such.. lag.