16 (25.8%)
Customed Heroes running around ala Paragon City
5 (8.1%)
Other, please post below:
17 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: June 19, 2004, 02:13:30 AM

... what would you change it to?

I like Zalanthas the desert planet. I like walking around in sandstorms, pulling the hood of my brown cloak up and pretending I'm a Jedi. But sometimes, all that sand gets in your eyes, and you wish you were somewhere else. But where?

The only thing I would really like to see is a discovered ocean or something of the sort to where a swim command could be emplimented.. Would give a broad new world to discover, a great deal more danger because your under water and could offer some more different beasts and plants to be found.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

I'd like to see organ donors.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

The exact same, only with elves in charge and more underground cults.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I wouldnt want to change Armageddon at all, but if I could create a brand new mud with a snap of my fingers, I would want an AD&D dark under dark elf MUD.

A MUD about the rise and fall of the different dark elf houses... and a few players as Swirfneblin or one of the other races that dwell down there, trying to survive.

My vote is pretty much exactly what Akaramu said, every bit of it.
I wouldn't change Arm at all, but for another mud I would play, it'd be the same as the whole Underdark theme centered around the Dark-elf cities with similar code and RP required aspects of Arm.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Harsher! HARSHER!  :twisted:
No no... To tell the truth, I'm even a little bored of being untrusted, not trusting, politics etc.. Maybe I could like a MUD of any hero setting. Where you have friends you may turn to. Where you die just to save your friend. Of course I'm not talking about a MUD where you go to Calista and give 100 gold for resurrecting your spirit. Perma death, RP-enforced hero setting. To tell the truth, I guess I'm going to play Shadows of Isildur on Saturdays. My first character's approved. Let's see how fun it is.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Change anything? I'm confused...

I love arm as it is right now.

But, since this post is about changing Zalanthas, I'd have to say put in a ton more NPCs of all different types. (animal NPCs to hunt)

Small game, large game, huge game, fast game, birds, reptiles, and mamals, every type of animal you could think up.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Ice age.

Ice is cool.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

As with others, don't change Arm but if you're wondering what I'd like for a new MUD with similar codebase/Imm support.

The Underdark theme would be sweet, especially if it was designed to be as harsh as the novel series revolving around them where entire houses could be demolished to increase your standing a notch.

What I'd like to see most of all is something Road Warrior-esque.  So like Arm...with guns and cars and big explosions.  Ya.

Quote from: "SpyGuy"What I'd like to see most of all is something Road Warrior-esque.  So like Arm...with guns and cars and big explosions.  Ya.

TRIGUN!!!
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Quote from: "Trenidor"TRIGUN!!!
A very cool idea.

A cooler idea, however, would be one of three different themes, one of which I am working on now.

Deadlands, the cool wastern/horror/steampunk tabletop roleplaying game. This is the one I am working on currently.

Secondly, Arcanum, of Magick and Steam, the graphical single-person roleplaying game. This is also a very cool setting, with elves, dwarves, and all that fantasy stuff, stuck in a Steam Age setting.

A last setting that interests me a great deal is that of the great single-person RPG series, Fallout. A unique and masterful universe, which was actually put together rather realistically.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

If I absolutely had to change it, I would go with the high-tech sci-fi choice...

An advanced space-faring society (without magick) discovers Zalanthas and enslaves all its people, from the lowest tribals to the sorceror kings, and sets about using them as research subjects, studying the workings of magickers, mindbenders, and sorcerors, analyzing spice, etc.

Then we'd have to see if all the Zalanthans could put their differences aside to fight against a common enemy.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Sci-Fi all the way.  Cyberpunk, Wastelands or high tech doesn't matter to me.

Your orders, Lord Templar Vader?

Aim the Krathi-Cannon at the Anyali moon orbiting Planet Tuluk.  We'll make it clear to them that we find their lack of harshness disturbing.

Heh, I found a portal to Giedi Prime and my character is currently on a highliner to Arrakis.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

AC took mine and that's Ice-age. It would essentially be the same thing just in harsh-cold instead of a harsh-heat. The sea of silt would be the sea of icy water or something, where you just go in and die. Deserts would be snow-fields, fields would be tundra.

Instead of water being precious, fire would. Suk-Krathians and Vivaduans would essentially flip-flop, withe water-mages becoming 'war-mages' using ice instead of fireballs, and fire-mages would be the life-giving people keeping the world warm, etc.

Sandstorms, obviously flipped to snow-storms.

Anyways, thats it. I always thought it would be neat. Like identical Arm themes, just in the snow!

And then we can replace our raptors with oversized penguins.

And elves will be selling yellow snow 'spice' to people.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

ya, id like to see an ocean discovered to. Maybe a way to harness the wind(sail), so it could introduce a whole new aspect to the game of trading, mobility, and (cool) piracy. Man I sound like a loser. Ah well...
iNg oF tHe SqUiD
WoRsHiP Me UnDeRlInGs!

I have often thought that a sub-zero Armageddon world would be pretty cool, no pun intended.  Instead of obsidian weapons, you could have ice weapons (ice can be surprisingly sharp, and a dense chunk of ice can be pretty weighty as well.)  You probably wouldn't die of thirst, but exposure.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

How can you have weapons of ice? Your hand would still generate body heat...

Water would be used as a weapon, I don't know so much about the "Sword of ice"
though if you are thinking of the Game of thrones Ice swords, they aren't made of ice ;)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

You'd need really thick gloves.  ;)

If ice is cold enough, hundreds of degrees below zero, it has properties much like obsidian. Most people never experience ice that cold though. Unfortunately humanoids would not survive long at those temperatures, so permanent ice weapons are unlikely.  Well, unless there were "cold" elementalists, who could use magick to keep the blade cold and hard all the time regardless of ambient temperature.  Sort of the opposite of a flaming sword.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

If you change Armageddon to be anything but Zalanthas, it won't be Armageddon anymore.  Duh!   :P
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

It is possible that another part of the world, outside the Known world, is already very cold.  There could be part of the world that gets only 3 hours of day and 6 hours of night, the reverse of the Known World.  Because snow is reflective most of the time you can still see during that 6 hours, it is just a 1 room sort of twilight vision. That also explains the arid climate, all the moisture in the atmosphere condenses and freezes on the cold side, where most of it stays locked up as ice.

AC