Things you do to make you feel like a n00b again...

Started by JollyGreenGiant, June 18, 2004, 06:07:33 PM

That's right, list anything you've done recently that was just plain embarrassing because it felt like a newbie mistake.  For example, just today... since sh = shout, while she = sheath:

You shout, in sirihish, "dagger sheath"

Doh.

Another of my favorites is walking around all over town with something held in my secondary hand, such as a mug of ale, because I forgot it was there... maybe even logged off and logged back on.

Or emoting something and then forgetting to actually do it, such as handing something to someone.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I walk around for IC days with something held in secondary hand and emoting otherwise, it's always nice to realize that you've been doing it for hours and feel like a jackass.

What I find myself doing more than a couple of times if starting to do an emote, then the conversation takes a different turn making my emote irrelevant.  So then I decide to say something instead, but I forget about the danged semicolon.  So i get something like:

:whisper blue (motioning towards ~red) I wouldn't trust him.

But then again, I'm still a n00b  :wink:
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

The statuesque, alabaster-skinned noble tells you, in sirihish:
"Yo man me is thirSTAH!  gimme some water yo!"

emote gives the alabaster-skinned dude a waterskin.

[ten minutes later]

> inv
a skull-painted cask of flash powder
a wand of demonfire
a waterskin
a steel dagger of slaying +7
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I was trying to sit at a table and I was.. or it was.. having problems on the keyword side..
this happened a while ago.. so..
*Censored* sits down, broad.
*censored* sits down, agafari.
*censored* sits down, 3table
*Censored* sits down at the right table.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Walking around visible and thinking that I'm invisible.  I was like.  Oh.  Crap.  
>whip out transporter
>enter transporter
>press 'Vestric Space Station'.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

beam me up mansa!

energize.

I feel like a n00b whenever I wish up to the staff.. dunno why, I guess it's cuz I say stupid stuff whenever I do a wish
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Typing stupid stuff by accident:

Hitch Kank

I did HIT kank and killed the stupid thing!

Killed it? Ah you're lucky you weren't a less-than-one-hour-old ranger.
And.. I hate it when someone with a cloak enters the room when I just try doing stuff with my cloak.

The tall figure in an ebony cloak has arrived from the west.
>:rummages around %cloak pockets.
The tall figure in an ebony cloak steps backwards, reaching for his swordbelt.
The tall figure in an ebony cloak draws a steel rapier.
The tall figure in an ebony cloak draws a steel rapier.
>say -shivering Hey hey! No offense...
(And then I read what I just emoted)
>OOC damn sorry.. A stupid mistake. I'm a n00b. Ignore what I emoted please.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"

Another of my favorites is walking around all over town with something held in my secondary hand, such as a mug of ale, because I forgot it was there... maybe even logged off and logged back on.

Or emoting something and then forgetting to actually do it, such as handing something to someone.

I do this all the time, and it makes me feel so newbieish. I get lost in all the emotes and thinking, heh.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

em grumbles and pushes from the table

fol char

tell char Alright lets go.

char walks south

stand

s

tell char Sorry, some people got in my way.

I'm forever forgetting to stand up.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I too, always emote standing and forget to do so.

Quote from: "Cameron0202"Typing stupid stuff by accident:

Hitch Kank

I did HIT kank and killed the stupid thing!

Your lucky.. I remember having my uber assassin and attempting to hitch a kank and take it to a compound. All of a sudden, right there at the Western Gates of Allanak I attack my mount and all 6 soldiers screamed at my kank, "Suffer the Highlord's wrath, Criminal!" I think for once I actually was happy those soldiers were there because that damn kank beat me down, even with the soldiers, to around 20 HP.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

I leave my weapons out all the time, or worse, attack creatures with my skinning knife.

I'm also guilty of the forgetting to stand.  I don't know how many times I've done emoted that I was leaving the tavern and when I try to leave I'm still sitting.

I did the hi kank thing too.  bankrupted my character for while as he had to spend the rest of him money on a new kank.
Vettrock

I hate when I think I have my weapons out, and actually don't..

Nearly killed a 30 day warrior that way. Man, would that have been a stupid death. ;)

cast 'summon greater skunk ape'

say (smiling darkly while looking over %ape form) Yes, when the time is right you'll do nicely.  But now I must invite over a bunch of important people that do not know I am a magicker, so I shall now cast the spell that makes you go away.

pemo Chirping birds pop into existence and circle @ head as he begins to chant.

south

down

unlock door

open door

emo nods respectfully to ~templar and ~noble.

close door

lock door

say (stepping northwards) Please, milords, come out of the sand if you wish.

north

l ape

think OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

ok I'll give you one.  Just happened recently.  You walk into a bar, but don't really pay attention to where people are sitting and go to sit next to a friend at the bar.  You sit there and talk to this friend and the other person sitting next to them gives some odd responses.  Suddenly you realize you didn't sit at the bar, instead you sat in the middle of a private conversation at a table.

What a pain trying talk my way out of that one. :oops:

Spent a good hour or so of normal, everyday roleplay... without realizing sneak was still on. I wondered why everyone was looking at me strangely.

So.. You're all set with some good emotes, got your ego pumped up, you're ready to earn yourself some karma doing some awesome sleep and dreaming RP..

>review

>(Long string of excellent emotes concerning sleep and dreams and thoughts and waking up etc...)

>wake

>l
Inside Your Compound's Eating Quarters.

>ooc Oh, crap. That was all supposed to be in the sleeping quarters, sorry.

Dying in general.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Being nice to every player I meet along the way, giving them food, water and sid :) NOT!

Having my character, who has been employed to the same house for years, not know where So-and-so's office is when my character needs to talk with them.   :oops:
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

I sometimes throw in curse words disguised as typos during long, drawn out Rp scenes. I can't help it, it's almost like doing something illegal, but incredibly thrilling...

emote leans forward on his barstool and grunts in alarm as the creaking wood bends and give a loud pop, shiting slightly, he eases himself off of the stool and grins sheepishly.

Incredibly childish and twinkish, eh? I try not to, but... I also dream of creative ways to do it... Best not to dwell on that...

I always forget to stand and clear my inventory of empty mugs and bottles, but I've been getting better at both.

But, I had to change the k emote from 'kiss'. I learned not to alies it to 'kill', but leaving it alone default to kis, which is almost as bad if you hit it by accident. Until a few weeks ago I constantly kissed people when trying to 'L' and them, but typing is a problem for me during RPing. I get excited... ;)
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Sometimes I throw a out references to movies or shows.

I recall someone sitting in a character's favorite armchairs. It was followed by a thumb jerking and "Get outta my seat, meathead!" response.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!