Caps

Started by blacksheep, June 16, 2004, 10:55:17 PM

Are there caps on the skills that everyone gets? Like cook or contact? I know you can only get so good at something, but is it possible to be a cook even if you're guilds arn't the cooking type?

There are caps on skills as far as I know.

I'm pretty sure though, that if the skill is on your list, you're at least capable of becoming decent at it.

Yes.
Yes.
Not without Immortal Intervention.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Okay, so without staff intervention, it would be impossible for a character to advance very far in the cooking skill? Is there a guild that would be able to get really good at cooking? I know the house servant sub-guild gets a boost in cooking, but sub-guilds usually don't get good at the skills they have right?

Yes, there are caps, which are dependent on guild.

There are several guilds that are very good at cooking; others not so much so. You could get above the usual percentage, though, through staff intervention, which usually does not happen without a lot of roleplay work.

Subguilds represent background skills, so they are capped relatively low, depending on your guild.  If, for example, you picked house servant and ranger, you would start with a cooking skill percentage that is significantly higher than what a ranger would start with - but as you got experience in it, it would stop at the normal cap for rangers, unless a staff member decides to add more to it after that.[/list]