Huh?

Started by Spud, June 03, 2004, 09:47:11 PM

Ok. I was in a shop the othere trying to sell a sofa. I typed offer sofa. The guy behind the co8unter says, " Lets keep the price at 192...or watever."
Then I type barter, and he doesn't want it. Why is this happening? Anyone?
Usually when whoever i in charge of the place says I'm not interested when they don't want it and thats it. Can someone help me out here? :evil:
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

He probably doesn't have enough coins to buy it.

I hope you haven't been stealing sofa's from peoples houses.
Back from a long retirement

Err... we don't know.. I was stolen from once anything was gone, but I was out of the city, and probably the burglar knew it. Maybe he played it out correctly. Maybe the apartment's owner was away. (away means in another city or area for some time here of course.)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Maybe he -is- the apartment owner..

In answer to the question, he probably doesn't have enough coins to buy it.  That has happened to me in the past.

However, that is really something that should be fixed, If an NPC merchant is not holding enough coin, he should not be able to make a deal. Or say something like..

I only have 50 sid on me right now.. You can take that for it, otherwise you will have to come back later.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

If you really want to get rid of it you can do offer sofa 50, and then you'll sell it for 50.
Vettrock

Well yes you can do that but it is irritating when you make a deal with the merchant and then he doesn't have the coin, shouldn't he know around about how much he has on him? I just thought it would be nice if they were short on coin that they make a cheap offer for the piece.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!

Maybe but at least it wouldn't be such an OOC code jerking experience.

i didn't mean the issue here was filler, what i meant was:

Yes, this should be fixed, yes it sucks that it's OOC and bad and stuff, yes yes, but it's affects so few people in such a minor way and likely requires difficult recoding. Thus, we'll not see it fixed for a long time.

Instead of typing all that, I just typed *filler* because that's basically what that paragraph is. But you had to go and misunderstand me. Shame! :mrgreen:

it's the shopkeeper's secret plan to get you to lower your price...

"how about we lower that price a little eh?"
"sure how about 150"
"Oh wait...I don't have that much...you'll have to lower it more."
"Alright, how about 100.."
"ummm...not good...I can't buy that!"
"fine 50?"
"ahh, now you're talking."
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict