Things you have always wanted to see.

Started by WhiteRanger, June 02, 2004, 01:02:03 PM

I would just like to hear about all of the things that you fantasize about and think would be interesting or funny to see in game.

One of my many is something to the affect of....

The shining blue-eyed Kuraci exclaims in cavilish lifting a fist: "THE SPICE WILL FLOW!".

But,,,thats just me. :D
oodness, courage, and love is a song. In my travels I have learned one thing, evil creatures can not sing.  -Drizzt Do'Urden-

I'd like to see a hermit, that lives in a cave, alone, and babbles to himself in his own gibberish language.  He doesn't talk to anyone, he hits people with his gnarled piece of dried out wood if they enter his cave, and focuses primarily on hiding from the sun.

He is not a mindbender, sorceror, magicker, secret northern spy, Templar, raider, ninja-assassin, or in any way special.  He is just a crazy fucking old man, who lives in a cave.

Is that too much to ask?

I'm going to make a monstrous, slobbering dog-fiend that lives in the Tuluki Ruins. And I'll bet some clan will try and recruit me.

Either that, or have a PC piece of basalt.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I've always wanted to make a left handed, mandolin burning bard...

I'd like to make a female teenager krathi who hunts magickers as part of a secret organization, and then I'd name her after a real life bird.  Perhaps someone will get the reference...
hake: He's in a better place now.
Frylock: He's in the grille of that truck!

A templar who carries around a repeating hand-crossbow (if there even IS such a thing) and is fond of pointing it at criminals and saying"Do you feel lucky, punk?" and "Go ahead... make my day!"

(Edited to fix a typo or six)

A templar with a whole pack full of fuzzy quirri suits special made by kadius that he forces people to wear.

A mindbender that contacts himself and goes crazy from the voice in his head.

A wild child raised by gortoks that comes into Tuluk to breed
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Call me silly but I have always wanted to see religion in Zalanthas. Kinda like in the Forgotten Realms after the Avatar Series.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Hunter's got a good idea there.  A pair of philosophically opposed cults would liven things up.

Quote from: "Dakkon Black"A wild child raised by gortoks that comes into Tuluk to breed

Hey I did that!
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Quote from: "Meatwad"I'd like to make a female teenager krathi who hunts magickers as part of a secret organization, and then I'd name her after a real life bird.  Perhaps someone will get the reference...

that show from cartoon network..witchhunter or something. i've only seen it once, but i have a mind like a ...uh...thing...with holes...that you drain shit...through it...uh.. nevermind.

More like, Raven, the half-vampire hunter of...other vampires or cultists or something...from that ridiculous video game named the same thing.  At least, I think it shares the same name as the character.  

She is pretty hot, tho...in a 3-d, fictional character sort of way.

I think it would be so hilarious if Tek and Muk got married, but got so aroused during the ceremony that they SEX-TOYED everyone to death.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Quote from: "Teleri"More like, Raven, the half-vampire hunter of...other vampires or cultists or something...from that ridiculous video game named the same thing.  At least, I think it shares the same name as the character.  

She is pretty hot, tho...in a 3-d, fictional character sort of way.

Bingo! I remembered. Witch Hunter Robin. I'm so right.

Ok. back to the topic...

I dont know how much it is going to derail, but I have to write this.  After all, it took many sleeples nights:

I always wanted to see an underground organization against the Templars.  Everything is right with that, so why are there none?  (That is as far as I know) You can not believe how many times I have wandered the alleys of rinth to  meet a rebel against the nobels, and templars? What zalanthas (especially Allanak) lacks is that kind of a secret organization, with a bunch of hopeless, stubborn, and harsh people.  
Of course you can say, "You can start it anew" but I cannot.  I dont think I can lead an organization.  I would be much better playing a peon in that.  So someone else should put the intiate.

I have read in several threads, as people willing to see more PK.  Yes, in a harsh world, people should suffer.  But inspite of that "harsh" fact, I think we see more than enough PK.  What I understand from hars is, we should see more -harassment-.  You can beat the shit out of people, you can rob them to their underpants...etc etc...You dont have to kill people, you make them suffer.  There are millions of ways to harass people.  Be it with a raider, or a templar, a soldier, or a mugger.  You are either the suffering, or the harassing.  Now we have conflict?  Now we have struggle?
Of course PK is another way to make them suffer.  But I tell you, I see PK as a cheese way in arm.  Because, it is too easy to have someone killed.  And unfortunately many PKs have the most foolish reasons.  And, there is no glory, no poetic way in PK.  But suffering?  Oh my...  My third character was an elven raider, who after sometime with his raiding party stopped killing people.  Because it was not really fun, just emoting some, walk into the room, spam kill and spam loot.  No.  We were subduing the men, take off their weapons, their valuables, and then beat them unarmed to unconcious.  Take off their clothes and wait until wake up.  Beat them again, or mock them.  Whatever.... Then leave them to their fate, but dont kill them.  Well, it did not make that much profit, but that also did not make us starve.  It was that much of a fun I tell you.
The real IC reasons to PK, well, it is OK.  A master assassin does not leave witnesses behind, but how many people PKing play master assassins?  Anyway..  It is just my opinion.

Now with the harassment, and more suffering, we will return to the underground issue.  Because, as the people are oppressed, they will more likely to be raise against the oppression.  The reaction can be in many way, but my guess is, we will have more reason to have an underground.

I also want to see more PC run RPTs- HRPTs.  With as little imm support, as possible.  I dont think it is that hard.  All we need is the initiative.  The clan leaders, (Well, there have been many posts going that the clan leaders are restricted, and opposing posts to that.  We dont have to go through again all) or people who have the authority can lead RPTs.  Be it the struggle of two city-states, the struggle of tribals..etc...  I can not count you all of the possibilities, but there can be so many RPTs with only little imm interaction.  
(Again, with the underground aganst the High Lord, there will be many more possibilities for RPTs)

I still want to see a PC run tavern also.  That is out of the question.

Well.. There were so many more I would like to say, but let this post end here.  This much of derailment seems enough.

EDITED: To correct some typos, and add a couple of words
some of my posts are serious stuff

I thought there was already an underground contingent of pc's dead set against the law of Allanak. Isnt it called The Guild? Maybe Im wrong, but I know it is a clan, says so at the end of every weekly email update. Anyways, just trying to help.
oodness, courage, and love is a song. In my travels I have learned one thing, evil creatures can not sing.  -Drizzt Do'Urden-

Quote from: "WhiteRanger"I thought there was already an underground contingent of pc's dead set against the law of Allanak. Isnt it called The Guild? Maybe Im wrong, but I know it is a clan, says so at the end of every weekly email update. Anyways, just trying to help.

The guild is not the one I am looking for.  What I am looking for is, an organization of filthy oppressed against the templars, and nobles.  The guild is..Well, maybe I better not speak of, because it might be IC sensitive.

The above post is mine.  Just did not know I was not logged.  Sorry for the double post

most people will think you are crazy, and maybe turn you in. You'll have a membership problem like most rebel groups do....especially since zalanthians aren't newly oppressed. To them, they aren't necessarily oppressed, they are protected from living in the desert.

To view yourself as oppressed when oppression is all you've known and all your parents and their parents have known...you have to be a visionary. Hard to find visionaries when people are starving. Most of the visionaries would be nobles and templars...with full bellies and free time.

If i saw a rebel group of filthy people, IC id think they were crazy. OOC i'd think they probably are letting western ideas poison their characters.

Now, take a righteously-minded noble or templar who wants to overthrow tek and bring freedom and hapiness and strength of the people of allanak...-that's- plausible, if exceedingly rare. He'd be a strong nationalist, hate tulukis and loving all the people of allanak with his whole being. He would also have to hide all these feelings from his peers.

I'm sure there are a couple of other plausible paths....people who feel extra-wronged, victims of a templar's arbritary evil will....but just be careful and remember that most everyone is happily oppressed.

I agree with the statement, that most people happy with the way they are living.  But always, there is an exception.  Someone rebels, and he gets killed.  
Now if that someone manages to survive and find a couple of people like himself, and if those men -achieve- even a tiny thing, that makes invitation to a couple more...  If the group succeds, someone else watching this joins in.

Dark Sun has rebels.  There are many groups of people against the sorcerer kings, and two of the sorcerer kings have been killed.  The rest are fearing the -heroes-.    
Now I dont think that there will be some freaks to overthrow Tek.  Nor will they be enough of problem to make the templarate fear.  At least not yet.  But I would like to see some freak beginning this.  This promises a lot of intrigue, struggle, conflict whatever

The guild isn't what he's describing, but I won't go into detail why.

The real clan he's looking for is the ALA.  Unfortunately, it's been closed to players for some time.  It's a fun clan, though.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I would just say simply "ALA"... Closed? *shrug*
There's one thing I'd like to see. We we're chattering about it in IRC. There should be a way to humiliate people... Badly.. ARM style humiliating wouldn't be tar and feathers, of course. In some old traditions, the liars were seared on their foreheads, showing that they were cheating people. Maybe we could force people buy a pissing jozhal tattoo on their face, when they really dishonor themselves. A raider could be forced to wear gith clothes and wander the whole city before being thrown into the arena. A dwarf could be forced to wear a wig. I don't know... There should be something humiliating people. Even being tortured by a templar's something you can tell people with a chuckle after the pain's relieved. There should be a specific form.
I also want to see funky orgies but I can live without them..

Cenghiz, who's never serious 100%.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "Cenghiz"Even being tortured by a templar's something you can tell people with a chuckle after the pain's relieved. There should be a specific form.

You clearly have no idea what it's like to be tortured, and thus aren't roleplaying it accurately.
Back from a long retirement

*chuckle* Let's stretch RP muscles.. No, my two chars have been tortured, one has deserted Allanak and the other's ideals about other humans and mercy has changed critically. Prolly the second torture and incoming events have earned me a karma point.
But it's not coded or in the help files, so people do the 'chuckling'. They may. I can't see what's in their minds, I can't know if they're typing four depressive 'think's in between our 'talk's.
I also want more torture, but I also want a 'registered' humiliation, which is written in helpfiles as "The worst humiliation that can happen to a person."
I hope I could clearly express myself. Sorry, my speech of English is still rotten.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Alright, I understand you now, and I hope you didn't feel like I was attacking you personally so much as I was attacking the mentality that I had percieved.

I think that there are plenty of humiliations for an imaginitive player.  Is that manly man ticking you off?  See how reverantly he'll speak regarding the size of his member after you castrate him!  Is your rival talking circles around you with his eloquent speech?  Ensure that he never does so again by cutting his tongue off!  Even a public whipping can go a long ways for an imaginitive player.
Back from a long retirement

I felt like that *chuckle* but you were right. I couldn't just express myself clearly. You know, I always hiss at people, so no problem.

I always wanted to see a southern templar kiss an elf in the barrel.

Seriously though, I cant tell you what I want to see, because its secret and my PC will make it happen  8)

QuoteI'd like to see a hermit, that lives in a cave, alone, and babbles to himself in his own gibberish language. He doesn't talk to anyone, he hits people with his gnarled piece of dried out wood if they enter his cave, and focuses primarily on hiding from the sun.

He is not a mindbender, sorceror, magicker, secret northern spy, Templar, raider, ninja-assassin, or in any way special. He is just a crazy fucking old man, who lives in a cave.

Is that too much to ask?

The character after my next character shall adhere to this concept. He'll also be a drunk, hope you don't mind.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

QuoteIf i saw a rebel group of filthy people, IC id think they were crazy. OOC i'd think they probably are letting western ideas poison their characters.

Now, take a righteously-minded noble or templar who wants to overthrow tek and bring freedom and hapiness and strength of the people of allanak...-that's- plausible, if exceedingly rare.

You're kidding, right?
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

QuoteYou're smoking crack, right?
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

I want to see LESS beautiful flawless female PCs who emote how shapely their legs are, how they flutter the eyelashes of their kohl-intensified eyes and how gracefully they move ALL the time. Its nice to self advertise once in awhile, but does it have to be every or every second emote you come up with? You dont have to tell me you move with cat-like grace every time you take a step, I got it the first time. I'd rather see some interesting quirks from you, even if they make your PC look like less of a perfect barbie doll.

Now that I think about it, its really just the females. Kudos to the players of male characters for not trying to drown me in their handsomeness every time they do something.

Quote from: "Akaramu"I want to see LESS beautiful flawless female PCs who emote how shapely their legs are, how they flutter the eyelashes of their kohl-intensified eyes and how gracefully they move ALL the time.

Of all the people to say such a thing....  :roll:

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Quote from: "Akaramu"I want to see LESS beautiful flawless female PCs who emote how shapely their legs are, how they flutter the eyelashes of their kohl-intensified eyes and how gracefully they move ALL the time.

Of all the people to say such a thing....  :roll:

Yes. Of all my PCs, one had AI agility and was an acrobat, so I roleplayed it. But she was an annoying brat who ticked everyone off, definitely not flawless. If she fluttered her eyelashes she probably wanted money because she was a hooker. Then I had an assassin with very high agility who was a nomad and dancer as well, she did move gracefully once in awhile, but more often just quietly, and the emotes definitely were not self-advertising. And my others fit even less into the scheme. Care to PM me and explain me what that comment was aimed at, Mr. or Ms. Anonymous? I'd love to know. Thanks.  :wink:

I'd like to see more independent merchant PCs.  Right now if one wants to have an independent character most people become hunters.  It's very hard to start up merchant PCs on one's own, but I think it would make a tremendous difference if we could have more.  If we had more independent merchant PCs the idea of a market based on negotiating price would take on a whole new meaning for all PCs, the virtual idea of a rising merchant/rich class would take on more PC dimensions,  eventually other PCs interaction and even being hired would come about.  As I've stated before, I'd like to see the merchant houses close to PCs all together, but even with them open I still see enough room for independent merchant PCs to make a considerable difference to the PC population.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Quote from: "Dirr"
QuoteI'd like to see a hermit, that lives in a cave, alone, and babbles to himself in his own gibberish language. He doesn't talk to anyone, he hits people with his gnarled piece of dried out wood if they enter his cave, and focuses primarily on hiding from the sun.

He is not a mindbender, sorceror, magicker, secret northern spy, Templar, raider, ninja-assassin, or in any way special. He is just a crazy fucking old man, who lives in a cave.

Is that too much to ask?

The character after my next character shall adhere to this concept. He'll also be a drunk, hope you don't mind.

Yes, being a drunk is okay.  Perhaps you can brew terrible tasting strong drink in the cave.