Stick ' em up!

Started by Spud, June 01, 2004, 12:10:56 PM

On the power emote bit, a very simple fix to most emotes is adding the word 'try/tries'.

The mean guy tries to put a knife to your throat.

The mean guy tries to clamp a hand down over your mouth.

This leaves the victim with a say in the scene.

If you don't want to act the scene out or don't think your victims reaction was realistic to your skill, just use the coded solutions.   Subdue if you want to hold them, backstab if you want to go right for the kill.

Note:  Thats not to say you don't still rp using the skills, but you're now relying on Ginka to pick who succeeds, not the victim and aggressor.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I insist, I insist again! I need code to back me up. I gave up playing sneaky chars for long because code doesn't back you up in a very blurry line. I liked this "threaten" idea. Let's just do this: (I know a bit of C and examined some MUD codes, so I know *sigh* it would be hard.)

A dark corridor [EW]
>think Hmm, here's suitable.
>emote slides to the shady area by the wall.
>hide
The fat merchant has arrived from the west.
>semote swiftly moves to ~fat, grasping ~dagger tightly. (Yey! I want semote too...)
>threaten fat
*threaten could be a command based on backstab, which only delays the damage till you type "hit <victim>" if succesful. You may release like in "subdue". The victim can't move; "Impossible, your life's threatened.", may decide to "flee" but may fail initiating the combat and recieving  the backstab.*.....
>emote places ~dagger to %fat neck, nearly cutting his throat.
>say -hissing Your money or your life, fatty...
So even a buff warrior's throat is vulnerable to attack. The reflexes of warrior would be taken into account, since we're using the "backstab" skill.

*sigh* But I guess that would be _hard_ to code.

Cenghiz, who wants anything that pleases him to see.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I actually seen some roleplay done with the TOUCH command along these lines. And it works out pretty good, when you try to touch someone, it runs skill checks to see if you could come into contact with them. Something along the lines of this.

emote moves up behind ~bald pulling his blade from his belt and reaching up toward the back of %bald neck.

The slinky elf moves up behind the bald ugly man pulling his blade from his belt and reaching up the back of the bald ugly man's neck.

touch bald

You try to touch the bald man but he moves away.

(then the bald guy's turn)

emote turns around quickly at the sound of footsteps and swings a large fist at %elf face.

The bald ugly man turns around quickly at the sound of footsteps and swings a large fist at a slinky elf's face.

touch elf

You touch a slinky elf.

emote Slamming his fist into %elf face @ steps back quickly.

Slamming a fist into a slinky elf's face a bald ugly man steps back quickly.

(elfs turn)

emote falls to the ground dropping his blade as his eyes half roll back in his head from the blow.

A slinky elf falls to the ground dropping his blade as his eyes half roll back in his head.

Anyways, you get the picture...the touch command is perfect for handling role played situations that dont nescessarily have commands.

wtf is touch command? It's not even in the help files at all.

What does it work off of? What's it for?

The touch command no longer exists, since it was being used for purposes that it was never intended for.
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"The touch command no longer exists, since it was being used for purposes that it was never intended for.

There was inappropriate touching?

Apparently it was a command that only the staff was supposed to use, and it was never meant to be a pseudo brawl code.

Show me on this stuffed Baobob doll where they touched you.

*points out the antennae*

Oops, had no idea that the touch command had been disabled....sorry guys, I guess you just have to argue this one out, that was all I had. :(