Spice

Started by Spud, May 20, 2004, 09:56:15 AM

I was smokin some spice the other day and was wondering, where does this spice come from? Is it possible to find it and grow it in the game? :!:
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Find out IC. If you ask around I am sure you will receive an answer.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

*deleted*
some of my posts are serious stuff

This has some mentions of spices.
http://www.armageddon.org/general/city.html
The most notable sections are Allanak, and Luir's Outpost.  It would be known (especially if you're a Nakki) that spice is illegal in Allanak, and that Kuracs have a healthy trade in the spice market.
Although the location where spice is found is known by some people, not everyone would know - or care.  I don't see it detailed in the documents, so that's something best found ICly.
Good luck!

http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/help_index

Check out the help topics brought up using the word 'spice' on the internet help files.

Specifically look under spice:
QuoteSPICE CULTURE  

Spice, which comes in a variety of forms, is a narcotic harvested on the shores of the Sea of Silt. It is the main trade of House Kurac, although it is illegal in the city of Allanak, and carries heavy penalties if one is discovered carrying or using it. Different types of spice have different effects, ranging from euphoria to delirium or hyperactivity.

Then look up the words that are keys to what information you'd like to learn. For example, look up 'Sea of Silt' and you'll find information that will help you understand what and where the shores of the sea of silt are.

Learning how to search the help files is one of the greater skills someone could learn.  :wink:

Gook luck.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Actually I think it would be ok to go ahead and tell the guy where spice comes from, after all, if you search the help files you will find that by sifting deposit's with a sifter you can derive spice. And the docs let you know that spice is harvested in the south, so he can probably figure out from the docs that spice comes from deposits in the southern sands. And I know I didnt post up links to all of these pages, but trust me they do exist. I have read them numerous times.

So buddy, spice comes from spice deposits in the sand just north of the sea of silt.

I /know/ it's alright, Sanvean herself said it was alright..

She said something to the affect of 'if it's in the docs, you can postulate and talk about it on the GDB all you want.'
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

Yeah.  So long as it's not the magic docs, I'm pretty sure we're good to go.

Spice comes from silt, spice is a pain in the goddamned ass to get (see Red Storm, What You Know.).

What I want to know about spice is if it's worm shit like in Dune, or something else entirely.

I would normally tell them, but It's better if you learn by finding out yourself  :wink:

anyway... I guess spud knows now...I still suggest they read in the help files.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Quote from: "Miee (not logged in)"What I want to know about spice is if it's worm shit like in Dune, or something else entirely.

Hee, I love that, it grossed me out until I realized that fruit is just plant sperm/wombs. But alas, I've derailed.
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

As far as find out ic and common knowledge I look to the help files.  Since spice is in the helpfiles if someone asked, I''d point them there.

Where it comes from isn't documented so I guess it's not common knowledge.

I was just curious as to the going rate of Spice?

Presumably it a case-by-case basis, but if someone were selling it in Allanak, what should one charge?

I think this is actually one of those topics that is tricky to answer.  Especially since part of the request for information asks about growing it.  So, someone moderately informed might point to the helpfiles as answers to the question.  Someone more informed might reply with Find out IC, as they might be aware of information which is not in the helpfiles.  In this case a portion of the question is not answered in the helpfiles, but the answer may exist IC.  No idea if it does, really.  But players are going to have different levels of information about this topic, beyond what is in the helpfiles, depending on their knowledge of the subject.

Um, no point really, except that Find out IC is sometimes the best answer!
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

To the person asking about the price of spice:

The prices and values of *anything* in the game, are best learned in the game. Spice is no different.  Considering that Kurac is known ICly and OOCly as "the spice merchants" one of those PCs would be the most likely place for you to look.

Good luck in your search!

Quote from: "Bestatte"To the person asking about the price of spice:

The prices and values of *anything* in the game, are best learned in the game. Spice is no different.  Considering that Kurac is known ICly and OOCly as "the spice merchants" one of those PCs would be the most likely place for you to look.

Good luck in your search!

Ok, thank you. I'll dig around :)

(The kank was me, btw. I thought I was logged in)

I want to give a hurrah to anon. kank for using the search command, and then echo bestatte.

Quote from: "Agent_137"I want to give a hurrah to anon. kank for using the search command, and then echo bestatte.
Thank you :)
Comes from experience on many other boards :P

"Find out ICly" is never the best answer, we just had a whole thread on this, GJ to those that answered it appropriately.