Excess weight and blood.

Started by Trenidor, May 17, 2004, 07:28:22 PM

I don't think this is implimented, but if it is stop me now and tell me.

When you've got a ton of weight on you, your blood has to move faster because your muscles need the air to keep it held up.

My idea is that when someone has a ton of weight on them, that they lose MVs when they walk (or if they are running, or anything that will take MVs) That it should take away some HP as well because you would be loosing blood. No one heavily bleeding should be packing around a ton of weight anyway, they should be resting so their wounds heal.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

No, it isn't in-game and it never should be.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

i think the more shit you've got on your back the more it should cost to move . . . for those rooms that cost movement points already.

But you are telling me that bleeding doesn't cost hp?

I can be standing there bleeding profusely and my hp doesn't drop!?

If it does, ok, good, but don't make it worse if you got heavy shit on you. That's too much of a stretch.

If it doesn't, i'm gonna say, "uhhhhhh....ok...."

You lose extra movement if you're carrying too much.

There isn't a blood loss code however, which makes a lot of people that ought to be dead still alive.
Back from a long retirement

There is already enough stuff to have to deal with.
uppers.

BUT ARM IS HARSH IT SUPPOSED TO BE H4RD!!!!!11111one.
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

so you can't mortally wound people? That's a big disapoint.

ya know, for all the pk, this mud's fighting/injury code isn't very strong. But i'm getting used to it. I my former mud of 7 years was a H&S roleplay "weakly encouraged" mud. But the combat/injury code was fantastic!

Ah well. Armageddon still beats it hands down. Maybe I can just hope for a slow ramp up of the fighting code in the years to come. Blood loss draining health is a start.

And I object to everyone who would say "Uhg, it's hard enough already, don't make it worse" to this idea while turning around later to say "living in zalanthas isn't as 'harsh' as it used to be!"

Also, no one say, "there's enough on the coder's lap already." I know that. I'm not asking for this immediately. I'm not even asking for anything. I'm just mentioning it, and hoping. that cool?

edit:
sir diealot beat me to pointing out the irony, damnit. I was still typing this up, jerkface! :mrgreen:

Just ignore the non-arguements.

There is a balance called realism Vs playbilitiy.

This particular idea isn't so hard on playbility, but it's such a random thing to have implemented when so many other realism things would make more sense that I find it a little hard to even find arguements against at this time.  But if it were implemented, I feel alomst like it would detract from the game as poeple would likely look at it and go wtf?  

Actually, I take that back, I like this idea.  People in game treat their injuries way to much like they're just nothing even though they're like bleeding prously.  Only instead of losing hp, maybe doing stuff while you're wounded, as if you're not wounded, could do the same thing to you starvation does.

Immortals can assist with a critical wound.  For instance, if you get your throat slit, you might survive for a brief while, and then you can wish up to die.

Not many would wish up to die...but hey...some roleplayers are realistic.

Quote from: "wizturbo"Immortals can assist with a critical wound.  For instance, if you get your throat slit, you might survive for a brief while, and then you can wish up to die.

I do.....A LOT... I think the imms are getting sick of me though

I've wished up to die 3 times...all because it was IC.

Quote from: "Agent_137"so you can't mortally wound people? That's a big disapoint.

Yes, you can.  You don't die at 0 hp, you die at -10.  But at 0 you are mortally wounded, incapacitated, and will probably die without help.  When you are below 0 your hps slowly bleed away.  But you are also resting/asleep, so your hps are slowly regenerating at the same time.  Sometimes you recover back to 1 hp and live, sometimes you fall to -10 and die.  It is exciting.  :?  Depending on the location and weather, your hps can be going up and down for quite a while, if you choose to wait it out.  You can also quit, if you quit while mortally wounded you die automatically.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

While that's sort of what he was talking about AC, I think he's also talking about something like a gut-shot..Where you're awake, and dying for /hours/ with /no/ chance outside a Vivy (or a sterile modern hospital facility).

I have gotten to -8 hp and then got to 4 hp before thirst and hunger killed me and sent me back to -10, so it is possible :)
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

I've never experienced that, Angela Christine, and I don't believe that it's true.

When I was mortally wounded I gained hit points without ever losing them at any point during the ordeal.

There is code for bleeding. I remember one particularly twinky fellow a couple years back who would attack, run away and heal before attacking us again. We gave him a few good whacks and eventually an imm saw and smacked him with some bleeding wounds.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: "wizturbo"Immortals can assist with a critical wound.  For instance, if you get your throat slit, you might survive for a brief while, and then you can wish up to die.

I wished up for the bleed code once after being royally fucked up, but sadly the only Imm on was leaving.  Which was good, because at that point, loosing that PC would have broken my heart.
 wish I was witty enough to have something here.  Alas.

What to do if wounded heavily? Go find a physician, visit the temple of Vivadu eh? But what if no imms or chars with suchs professions around? Die?
I don't want to play all rangers and physicians just to be able to bandage myself (I even don't know if you can bandage yourself). I RP my wounds, make up an excuse for a few days' rest (feeling dizzy, being limp, not feeling that damned left arm) and that's enough. I don't want to die just because an imm's not ready once in every three IC days for my newbie ranger trying to smash scrabs.
And; ARM used to be much harder for desert-loving chars :)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

carry bandages around with you. [der.]

Staunch the blood flow with a torch. [OUCH]

make a tournaquit. [sic]

How do you stop yourself from bleeding now?
this will make it harder for desert characters. Just in a different way. No complaints allowed.

Things aren't hard enough for desert characters?

This would affect people who spar often a hell of a lot more.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I always liked the idea of the blood loss code, but agree that things are hard enough now. I mean, if you think your PC should die you can always ask for Imm help. If your PC is to die of a slit throat, or from torture or your PC is mortally wounded and you feel they should die an Imm can always invoke the code for you.  But there are enough baddies in the world that things are tough enough.

It is a "perma-death" game, I think it would take a lot of the adventurous spirit out of it of you couldn't come back from -4 Hp's and have that I almost died and lived to tell the tale story. Or if you knew that if you got down past 40 you would be dead within the hour so you didn't take that chance on something cool.

You as the player should be responsible enough to Rp things out well enough, that say, you wrapped up your arm in a tourniquet, or scorched a wound closed, wrapped your wound with a bandage.    

That being said, I think that when something really bad happens to your PC, or if they get messed up very badly, it should be shown in the main desc. There should be more maiming and scars on long lived warrior and ranger PC's.  I've seen PC's that have been through two wars and a shit load of other events that still have that baby face and the glazed over youthful gaze they did ten years IC years ago. Though it is up to the PC, IMHO I just don't see enough battered folks around. You should not be a pretty fellow if you are out there playing with bahamets and raptors every day, working on your collection of gith skulls or fighting in the sparring ring 24-7. I'd like to see a few more missing teeth, missing fingers, limbs gone,  permanent limps or disfigured faces for what ever reason or another.

Ever see a boxer after ten years in the ring.. Zalanthas is that times ten. I'm not saying you can't start off pretty, but it wold be really cool to see that people don't end that way. Life is rough out there in the wilds pretty boy!  Plus a missing finger or two, a lost eye or a torn off ear sure does make for interesting bar chatter.  :wink:

But just my take on it..

The pink rhino hacks off her right arm and places it neatly on the bar in front of her, then ties a tourniquet on the stump to stop the bloodloss code.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

My idea wasn't that it should cause you to loose blood doing nothing. Just when you had a lot of weight on you. The idea came up later about causing you to bleed continually.

Anyway...You shouldn't be sparring till you are nearly bleeding to death

Blood loss is a very, very serious thing.

I think that there should be a blood loss code, and bandaging should be made to combat this. Armageddon supposedly promotes realism, yet I can take nasty hits to the head and body and walk away without a problem. You try knocking someone in the head with a stone mace and see how well they can walk after that.

If blood loss is created below a certain percentage of HP, bandage is made cheaper, less risky, and given to everyone like forage or shield use the 'realism' would greatly improve. Now being seriously wounded actually means something when you're bleeding to death and need to be bandaged up to stop it.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I think bleeding to death would be fun, personally, and I intend to emote it out until I can get some hard code to back me up. Then I'll garnish that code with more emotes and screams and bandages. Hurray!