House Money

Started by Trenidor, May 11, 2004, 06:31:45 PM

Do the clans have special incomes that nobles of that clan have to watch carefully and make sure it doesn't get spent, or is there an unlimited supply, but the nobles of the house RP like there is a certain amount in the bank?

I've always wondered this, but wanted to play a noble first to find out, but it doesn't look like I'll ever want to play a noble.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

The money is finite.  It's just a whole hell of a lot more than the average commoner will ever see.  Pretty much every clan has House funds (which is a fixed amount) used for business purposes, and every player has their own stipend (whatever that amount may be) used for personal expenditures.  Point is, no one in game has unlimited finances.  It's just the actual amount varies per wealth of the clan.

Nothing IC, nothing IC.  Keep your breeches on.

While playing a noble, or even a family member of a merchant house, you should always keep track of your expenses.  You should keep them in a .txt file, or maybe in a excel spreadsheet.  Once a week you should email your immortals of your clans with your everything you've been doing, including that.

That way, the Immortals can help you out when your stipend runs dry on hookers and blow.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Mansa wrote:
That way, the Immortals can help you out when your stipend runs dry on hookers and blow.

Naatok the naughty monkey throws his head back and cackles with insane glee.

I love you, man.
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

WARNING:  Ignorant Opinion

Naughty Monkey thinks that a noble's personal stipend is to be used for 'hookers and blow' as Mansa so eloquently pointed out, and any other similar personal expenditures, say...that 5000 'sid skin-tight jozhal hide one-piece studded with rubies he wants to see his concubine in (or perhaps has always desired to wear himself?  :twisted: ).  Also for personal retainers the noble may want to have for personal care and feeding.

I believe an individual noble only taps into 'house funds' when engaged in business for her family that she has been requested/ordered to attend to by her family leadership.
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.