Barrier...

Started by ashjpd, May 05, 2004, 09:39:49 PM

Anyone use the skill barrier at all? I have tried using mine, when I need it, and it hasn't worked once after the 20th time.
I am not experience much with this skill, but is this normal? Or should I wish up to ask them to fix it?
uppers.

It depends on a lot of variables I imagine, but that doesn't seem out of place to me.
Back from a long retirement

My personal experience (your mileage may vary)

It has sometimes taken up to 30 tries with barrier before it ever kicked in.

And once it does, if somehow, for whatever reason, it comes down - it has taken up to 30 MORE tries to put it back up. Sometimes even more.

Eventually it gets easier though. It's a very hard skill to get good at.

How many times do you fail at 'contact' before succeeding?  How many times do you fail even after succeeding that first time?  Don't expect it to be uber to start.  Most people have really good contacts, relative to most people's barriers.  If you want to get good at it, practice it as much as you practice contact.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Eh, yeah,
I was just asking, cause the ride skill for some mercenaries would make it so that you coun't move on a mount at all. Which had happened to me twice. and right when I posted thanks, earlier, it worked. :roll:
uppers.

Its a difficult skill to learn.  After a long time of practice, it comes up pretty easily though.

No, I heard that there is actually a bug with mercenary mount.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm not, then you should wish up.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

There is a bug with mercenary ride. I've seen it first hand. They can't get their mounts to move AT ALL.  For some reason their ability is far below what it should be. I don't know any of the specifics, but I saw a guy wish up and go from not being able to move to being able to ride appropriately for his guild and subguild.

It is a bug. wish up if you are a merc with extraordinary problems riding.