Go directly to jail

Started by Gus, April 29, 2004, 10:37:59 PM

Is there a place where you can read the laws and punishments of cities?  I think that would be common knowledge to all citizens of the city they are from.

What I mainly want to know is if the soldiers just keep hauling you to jail or if eventually a stricter punishment comes up.  And do worse crimes have worse punishments?  Getting caught stealing will land you in jail, but what if you are arrested for attacking someone?

The tavern gossip boards in the game have the laws posted within the first 5 posts. Usually within the first 2 if I remember correctly, with a couple of addendums to follow.

Basically though:

Stealing, attacking, breaking and entering, insulting a templar, insulting Muk Utep in Tuluk or Tektolnes in Allanak..all against the law and arrestable offenses. Wielding a weapon in a crowded place can be arrestable depending on the context. If you're just cutting a piece of fruit with a skinning knife - probably not. If you're "claiming" to be just cutting a piece of fruit with a lumber axe, find a better excuse.

Those, -plus- insulting a noble are killable offenses in their respective cities, though it isn't "illegal" to insult a noble. But the noble can have you killed for it if he takes the insult seriously.

Anything you think you could be "caught" doing - don't do unless you're willing to accept the risk of getting caught.

Being naked isn't illegal - but you'll probably go to jail anyway for offending someone important. Templars in the south don't -need- a reason to arrest you. They can wing it if they feel like giving you shit.

Templars in the north could probably do the same but they have a different set of protocols to deal with.

That's my interpretation on things.

I know there used to be a list of 'RULES' as the first post in the IC Boards around the world....  Try looking in a tavern and typing 'read 1'

Maybe this might help:  http://www.armageddon.org/intro/whatyouknow.html
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one